Round the World the Easy Way - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round the World the Easy Way

Hey All,

Moses according to the factory literature the Kodiak should get 1032nm over 5.9 hours at 12,000 ft and 174 KTAS with a one hour reserve. Right now I think it'll reach - barring any outrageous headwinds.

After a short break in Montevideo I set off for Piracununga-Campo Fontenelle (SBYS) Sao Paulo Brazil as I had a delivery to make. Seems I promised a case of Chilean wine to the fellow on the beach near Chacalluta (SCAR) who orginally sent me south. Nice night flight most all the way - some buffeting from the winds but not bad.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Hey All,

Turns out the guy on the beach was none other than Guilherme Marchi! he was kind enough to have an assistant pick me up - seems they all have corvettes - and drove me the 17 miles to Leme where we got to crack a couple of of those wine bottles to celebrate his finally - after being the bridesmaid the last 3 years in a row - becoming the 2008 World Champion Bull Rider! What a tough sport to be second in so many times!

I've got a feeling the flight tomorrow is gonna be another tough one! :costumes:

Here's a video of one of Guilherme's outstanding rides at the 2008 finals - Copperhead Slinger is the bull.

[youtube]h0t8C9VnQoA&feature=channel[/youtube]

Curious how the LPGA is so heavily dominated by Korean players and the Professional Bull Riding Circuit has more than it's share of Brazilians and they are good!

-Ed-

PS Had to get a bit more bull ridin in! :mixedsmi:
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-