fsds v2

Thread: fsds v2

Crashwoody1

fsds v2

I just found my old copy of fsdsv2. and I was wondering ( since i dont believe i never even installed it once!) Can it do planes in the same detail as like fs2004 planes? Adn In cfs2 can we have mega detailed cockpits and clickable and dragable vc parts like in fs2004? That would be awesome if we could. Im loooking at this fsds peogram now.

Tom/Crashwoody

PhilRamone
    its not about the program but the designer when it comes to detail and stuff... you can have a model done in max that looks hideous, or a beautyful FSDS model, like some of rick piper's.

about the 'megadetailed' cockpits... not so much because of poly handling... however one good way to get around it is balancing a well designed vc with welld one textures... you can do great things with both and still have a decent poly count and no effect on fps

as per the clickable and draggable parts (as well as a lot of the other niceties of FS9 and X) arenot supported by CFS... example, for FS9 to animate a nose wheel to turn on the ground you label it c_gear and animate the keyframes accordingly... however this tag is not suported by CFS2, so even if you tag and animate the part it still wont move.

you can add (and i recomend Hayden Scott William's tutorial for this) breaking parts and damage textures (which is an awesome trick!) on your CFS model providing you have the source file...

this is an excellent site for all kinds of CFS design tips and tricks http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/

have fun!

Crashwoody1
    check out some of the older simtech stuff, (thats me) we had damge textures and crazy animations way before any one else in this game, ask the old guys around here..lol 2002 was a good year. Unfortunately for me , I lost all that old stuff years ago and now i have to relearn it all, but what the heck its fun.

Tom

Lat:N3650.1 Long:W11403.3 Elev: 1975 K67L
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilRamone View Post
    example, for FS9 to animate a nose wheel to turn on the ground you label it c_gear and animate the keyframes accordingly... however this tag is not suported by CFS2, so even if you tag and animate the part it still wont move.
    I have c_gear animated on my PBY. now fsds V1 you couldn't animate the nose gear but, fsds v2 no problem. the only problem I had with fsdsV2 and CFS2 is making the spoiler to work for some of my jets Wolfie helped me out with that!!

from what I understand alot of the cool VC animation is not supported by cfs2 just your basic stick and rudder stuff is all you get...

glad to see your back here in the "FS basment" Tom
    The Virtual Navy

"I Survived the Unpleasantness"...

Quote Originally Posted by PhilRamone View Post
    ....example, for FS9 to animate a nose wheel to turn on the ground you label it c_gear and animate the keyframes accordingly... however this tag is not suported by CFS2, so even if you tag and animate the part it still wont move...
    On the other hand, if you animate the wheel with a c_gear label in the FS9 mdl, then later convert it to CFS2 via MDLC, that c_gear anim will work as well as it was designed to in FS9. There's some strange things to be seen once you go down that rabbit hole :d....

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Crashwoody1
    have you guys looked at my old do 335? if you have an editor look at how we did the nose gear on the on for cfs2.

Its getting revamped for cfs2 again, with some stunning paints and better looking vc texturs and stuff.

Tom/Crashwoody

PhilRamone
    yea sorry about the tag mistake, i havent done anything for CFS2 since like 2002 haha however ive been entertaining the idea of moving back to cfs2 for a while b.c my system cant handle fs9 anymore :isadizzy: no promises though haha

HOWEVERRRR if i endup moving back... i have a few things at the back of the hangar that might fly in CFS2 :d

Tom, good to have you back.

CFS2 Cockpit anims

rudder pedals can be tagged to rudder anim, you have to rotate the axis of the part so it turns correctly.

Stick left/right, same as rudder but map to aileron (l or r, doesn't matter)

Stick fore/aft, as above, but elevator.

gear lever can be keyframed using any gear anim, l, r or c

flap lever can be mapped to flaps, again, depending on type of lever, axis must be rotated to suit.

Spoiler lever can be keyframed using spoiler, any one.

Cowl flap lever can be keyframed using cowling anims.

:d
    Jamie

PS. pilots can look around using combinations of the control surface anims, axis rotated to suit of coarse.

PhilRamone
    i used the same tricks on my pioneer and miniplane models

Members who have read this thread: 2