Blank flak?

Thread: Blank flak?

Blank flak?

What's the name of the flak in PTO that fires blanks? Someone told me it was ETO_flak1, but that doesn't seem to give me the massive flak bursts that are supposed to show up. Do you have to put in massive numbers of flak guns to get massive looking harmless flak? How many to get a good effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelscheuche View Post
    What's the name of the flak in PTO that fires blanks? Someone told me it was ETO_flak1, but that doesn't seem to give me the massive flak bursts that are supposed to show up. Do you have to put in massive numbers of flak guns to get massive looking harmless flak? How many to get a good effect?
    ETO_Flak1 is the flak that fires blanks. You can increase the density of the flak by adding additional flak guns in mission building as follows:

Select any vehicle IE Truck from the menu, this will then enable the static vehicles to appear. They can only appear as part of a formation not a lead vehicle. You can line the flak guns in a line behind the truck Four is a good number and space them. Remember that the guns are limited by the direction they are pointed and do not track 360 degrees. If a flak gun is pointed away from you it will not shoot at you.

Always point the towing vehicle 180 degrees from the direction you want the flak gun pointed as it is "towed and the gun barrel will be pointed away from the vehicle. By placing several trucks with 4 guns around your target you can insure better flak coverage. MB will allow unlimited number of flak guns to be added. Historical accounts refer to hundreds of flak guns located in the immediate vicinity of strategic targets.

The ability of the flak guns to track and fire at you is controlled by the rate limit of the "flak gun vehicle". To allow each gun to track and fire more rapidly increase the rate (turning movement) of the gun in the XPD. The attached image shows the Flak1 XPD and a rate limit of 6. Increase this by any amount and the gun will track and shoot faster.

You can also add the G_37mm_AA gun for more flak at lower levels. It features the new golfball tracers and different explosion and smoke. If all else fails put one of the ships armed with the new 5" AA gun. The massive shell blast will scare the crap out of you guaranteed.
    Hope this helps,

O-1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by O-1Driver View Post
    ........You can also add the G_37mm_AA gun for more flak at lower levels. It features the new golfball tracers and different explosion and smoke. If all else fails put one of the ships armed with the new 5" AA gun. The massive shell blast will scare the crap out of you guaranteed.
    Hope this helps,
    O-1
    Are those harmless as well? or deadly?

Thanks for the info and tips!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Using these AA guns does help the effects in ETO come alive..
    Another for low level strikes is the(ETO) g_wirbelwind Lots of pretty green Stuff..

There are several flack and vehicles in ETO that can really light up the missions
    I use several in My V1 missions in ETO and in several other sets that I build..
    Really Cool looking. and deadly..
    I have to thank the men who built and set up all of this, it is fun to Build missions for..

Members who have read this thread: 0