B-17 Accusim Released!!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: B-17 Accusim Released!!!

Jankees those shots are amazing!!!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    There is a regular checklist in the Accu-sim manual you can print out so you don't have to write one up by hand. It comes in very handy.. I print the whole manuals just in case I need to look something up while I am in flight. Having them for the 377 & P-47 have come in handy in some pretty bad situations for me.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Gratz on the release! Also nice work on the props :salute:
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Hello!
    Is the new b17 model in accusim package imcompatible with the old repaints released for the wopII b17 before?
    Just for clarification.

Thanks!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

EgoR64
    Very emersive indeed, step above, super kalifragilistic......................

Currently I'm sitting on the Tarmac, beating engines 1 & 4 with a baseball bat - LOL !!

Hooyaaa, to another great Product -

Many Cheers !! :ernae:

Didn't quite escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Hello!
    Is the new b17 model in accusim package imcompatible with the old repaints released for the wopII b17 before?
    Just for clarification.

Thanks!
    Miss Lace would like to say otherwise.

The new paints are more detailed, but old paints will work. A new paint kit is due out s**n, apparently.

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    There is a regular checklist in the Accu-sim manual you can print out so you don't have to write one up by hand.
    ..but my memory isn't regular :isadizzy:

I've used the manuals checklist as a start and added some extras (check oxygen, oil, hydraulic load, shutdown procedure etc...). . It's even got little tabs on to remind me to turn the page

I spent a lot on this bird and I don't intend to keep bending it.....

Andrew

FPS hit

Thanks for the clarification IanP! :salute:

I bought it, intalled it and evething worked fine. But i´m having one problem:
    When the flight loads in FSX i get 30-40 of smooth FPS in the VC. When i start to play with the accusim menus, my FPS drops to 6-8 FPS and stays there, even if i close all the accusim´s menus. The only way to get my FPS back is to reset the fligt. I tested this in a default airport without AI, only with REX 2 running.

I have the accumsim cub too, and it works fine. And of course, pmdg, leveld, DA fokker etc ....
    I started a topic in the A2A forum to see if someone can give me some help. Anybody in here is facing this too?

My spec is in my signature (With updated drives of course)
    Thanks and good bombing!!! :ernae:
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the clarification IanP! :salute:

I bought it, intalled it and evething worked fine. But i´m having one problem:
    When the flight loads in FSX i get 30-40 of smooth FPS in the VC. When i start to play with the accusim menus, my FPS drops to 6-8 FPS and stays there, even if i close all the accusim´s menus. The only way to get my FPS back is to reset the fligt. I tested this in a default airport without AI, only with REX 2 running.

I have the accumsim cub too, and it works fine. And of course, pmdg, leveld, DA fokker etc ....
    I started a topic in the A2A forum to see if someone can give me some help. Anybody in here is facing this too?

My spec is in my signature (With updated drives of course)
    Thanks and good bombing!!! :ernae:
    I had that happen once and I think I kept shifting to various positions in the cockpit by depressing the "A" key and it went away. You may try that and see if that helps
    Ted

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks Ted! I´ll try that! :salute:

Thanks Ted! I´ll try that! :salute:
    If you have multiple monitors, I noticed if I use NHancer, popup windows that are undocked cause a big FPS drop. This happens in every plane for me. Solution is not to undock windows, OR do not run in windowed mode.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I was just messing around with it today taxiing around the airfield and such trying to get a feel for it. Shut it down and went to the maintenance hangar, and had detonation on all 4 engines. Was one of those face palm moments. Back into the manual to study some more, and adhere a little better to the checklist next time. At least there was no real bad engine damage that they noted.
    Steve

Roadburner,

The B17 has quite a lot of get up and go, and you really don't need to push the engines hard. For example, while you can takeoff with a setting of 8 (46"), you can takeoff with much lower settings.

Just keep the following in mind top avoid over heating or over stressing an engine:
    - avoid high power with low RPM (when pulling power back, throttle first, then RPM)
    - keep your intercoolers opened (high carb temp with high power is trouble)

For the most part, if you hand over control to your co-pilot, it is almost impossible to hurt these engines.

Scott.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Scott. All I can say is this one is a bit more touchy than the 377 & P-47 (I don't mean that in a bad way). I am sure she will be fine. I can't count how many times I have blown motors on the 377, and crashed the P-47 learning things the hard way, but now that you have given us help in the pit I don't think I have to worry as much anymore. I look forward to getting a lot of hours in on it. At least we have 1,000 hours per motor cycle now instead of 100.
    Steve

Blog Entries
    By the way, for you guys that want the checklist- by hitting(shift+ 2 key) and then looking to the bottom of that pop-up you will notice arrows that allow paging left to right- page 2 is the beginning of your checklist for start-up. Taxi, take-off and landing on subsequent pages. you don't have to print your checklist. By following your checklist you will have many more hours of trouble-free flight.

I also recommend looking at Scott's videos. Yes, it takes time to look at a video, but they are very concise and easy to follow. Whoever of heard of getting into a real airplane and just starting it up and taking off-it just isn't done that way? With Accu-sim, we purists are getting a dose of the reality we have been clamoring for.
    Happy Landings
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Anyone notice the information presented to you as you start your descent?

Attachment 3709

No excuse for missing the field now...

Andrew

Oh boy, I am enjoying this baby!
    Just did my fourth flight, and had my first problem: the main gear motor broke...
    Luckily my crew managed to crank everything down by hand, just in time.

Did I mention I think she looks great?

One wheel down, on to the next one!

and both down, just in time...

..and they fixed it immediately in the hangar.

I love those rotating turrets and the crew comments (was this guy asking about his socks??), but how do I listen to the music the radioman keeps finding?

All we need now is a paintkit...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    but how do I listen to the music the radioman keeps finding?

Tut Tut, Obviously not watched all the vid's on the A2A site, on your left handside there's a switch near the heater control, move it 2 clicks left (aft).

and I concur
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

but how do I listen to the music the radioman keeps finding?

bruce448 is right...I believe it's marked "Liason"

Andrew

A2A has my utter admiration & respect:salute: I'm loving this bird.

What magnification are you guys using in the VC (those without Track IR that is)? I like to keep it high, so I can actually see the runway on approach. Trouble is, then I have to back away too far and end up in or behind the seat:isadizzy:
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

did I mention i looks great in green as well?

love the way the bombs fall, and the turrets rotate...

it even jumps up when the bombs fall..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The more I see your shots, the more I feel as if a John Wayne movie is about to unfold.

Great shots!!

On Another Planet
    I am doing my best to fly this thing in between my BSOD's, but here are a few shots from my last flight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Blog Entries
    Rezabrya just curious did you try wiping the fsx.cfg to see if the new build would solve the issue? Great pics by the way!!!
    Ted

Happiness Consultant
    Yep.

I knew it ...

I bought and added tonight ...

I gotta learn to fly this bird all over again from scratch.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Members who have read this thread: 0