B-17 Accusim Released!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: B-17 Accusim Released!!!

It even comes with foggers that you can adjust with the mixture control! I just flew over jmigs house and killed all the mosquitos in his backyard. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

My engineer is not amused

This is the best a/c I've ever bought by far. Of course I am partial to the B-17, but dang this sucker is beautiful. The exterior is just plain gorgeous! I've never had so much fun switch flippin and button mashin'.:salute:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Happiness Consultant
    Now if we can just get a B-24 with Accu-sim
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Damn you Snuffy lol. Now I want the B-24 as well. We can hope.

I'd like nothing better than to be enjoying the B-17 with everyone that's been flying it. I don't have the actual B-17. But I got the Accusim Expansion!!! Whoopie!!! I was so anxious I just started going through checkout. When I got it downloaded I was all pimply. Problem was, I have to buy the actual B-17 to use it. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh well. The 15th will get here eventually

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Err a B-29 Accu-sim would make me very happy pilot.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Err a B-29 Accu-sim would make me very happy pilot.
    There's the Stratocruiser 377. It's one and a half B-29's . Literally. They fused two and a half B-29 fuselages together to make those planes.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I'm sure noone would care if you didn't talk about it or distribute the mods.
    Just wondering.... will probably have to get this one. It looks like a great plane! Thanks for the replys.

:ernae:

Master of Disaster
    What would be cool: MudMarine opinion. Voice activated checklists, pilot (me) says, "Engine start checklist", the co-copilot responds "Check" then begins to read off the procedures you need to follow it get her fired up. I think it would make life in the pit much better so I can concentrate on getting bombs on the target!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    You know Mudmarine it's funny you mention that. If you look at the FS2Crew site (might not be you thing commercial liners I don't know) but they are coming out with a package for the PMDG J41 that is totally voice activated. http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/news/43/...rrival%21.html So people are actively working on this technology for FSX. I myself might feel a little embarassed talking to a computer though, so I myself am not so sure about it. It is a cool feature though.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Master of Disaster
    I'm NOT a fan of tube-liners at all, but any move forward in simming is great! I've used voice activation before (IL-2). It is strange talking to your computer (computer on) but i got used to it. I just think it would be cool to have all your stations on the B-17 report in when you asked "All stations report". They could report damage etc....just some thoughts! To me it's about REALSIM and real pilots do communicate with their crews.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Anyone else having a problem connecting with A2A forums?

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Most are going to say yeah yeah Have a lot off these in New Zealand ... not sure they can skip .. Accisim B17 ... Hmmm im very impressed , current just the simple low alt stuff .. really getting a feel for the aircraft , Im running a DX10 system , the detail ,least to make sure you don't cut yourself on the metal stampings .. course the cowl flaps have been off interest , prop dynamics also equal here .... just loving it
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Happiness Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Anyone else having a problem connecting with A2A forums?

Rick
    Nope, works fine for me ... sorry
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Blog Entries
    Nope I'm on there right now. Clear your cookies on your browser and see what happens
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by MudMarine View Post
    What would be cool: MudMarine opinion. Voice activated checklists,
    I have "VoiceBuddy" and although I cant get the damn thing to work at the moment(spends all day just "initialising" I think that you can set it up for this sort of thing if there is a keyboard key for each checklist (not sure it will work if you cant use a key,but use mouseclicks instead)

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    You know Mudmarine it's funny you mention that. If you look at the FS2Crew site (might not be you thing commercial liners I don't know) but they are coming out with a package for the PMDG J41 that is totally voice activated. http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/news/43/...rrival%21.html So people are actively working on this technology for FSX. I myself might feel a little embarassed talking to a computer though, so I myself am not so sure about it. It is a cool feature though.
    Voice-command versions of FS2Crew are already available for various 737s and for the Leonardo Maddog. It works very well - feels strange at first, but quickly becomes as natural as talking to a Vatsim controller. Very immersive.

how are framerates on the average pc? Over cities,,over water, over forest?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    how are framerates on the average pc? Over cities,,over water, over forest?
    I'm not sure what you consider an average PC but with my Q9550 & DDR2 system I get 60 fps (FPS unlocked w/VSYNC enabled) even over downtown Chicago. Over FTX Australia I averaged 50-55 FPS in the VC.

Put it this way- you would have to be running a P4 or older to get poor performance with this plane. I'm sure any decent Core 2 Duo would run it with ease.

Thanks very much,,yes the average pc today is yesterday's dream machine.
    I am running a core duo at 3.33 and two 275 cards in sli. I use fs9 but have fx. I tried fx and found it ran slow so went back to 9 but willing to give it another good try for this plane.

downloading now....
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

HercFan
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    downloading now....
    That's good news... Me feels we'll see some of your masterpieces soon! Well, once the paint kit is out.

I won't beg, but still hoping to see one day a PB-1G repaint (even if it comes with guns!)

http://www.uscg.mil/History/webaircraft/Boeing_PB1.pdf

so far, so good, first flight without too many mishaps, even made a very nice landing...wonderful stuff, I love the crew comments!

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    downloading now....
    Good man!

Flew her for the first time tonight and was task saturated trying to get all four engines started...I had steamed up the cockpit windows by the time I made it to the runway (no really). Engines 3 and 4 are showing signs of detonation....oops

Can't wait for the next flight...going to take her to 30,000ft

She is one graceful bird. Well done A2A :ernae:

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by daytonite_andy View Post
    Good man!

Flew her for the first time tonight and was task saturated trying to get all four engines started...I had steamed up the cockpit windows by the time I made it to the runway (no really). Engines 3 and 4 are showing signs of detonation....oops

Can't wait for the next flight...going to take her to 30,000ft

She is one graceful bird. Well done A2A :ernae:
    Andrew
    Those cockpit windows do slide open As a matter of fact you need them
    open to be able to hear the "Clear Prop!" call before engaging the starter "mesh".

And on your way to 30K, be sure to slip the oxygen mask on or you will
    "go to sleep" before reaching 20K or so

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBaron View Post
    Those cockpit windows do slide open As a matter of fact you need them
    open to be able to hear the "Clear Prop!" call before engaging the starter "mesh".

And on your way to 30K, be sure to slip the oxygen mask on or you will
    "go to sleep" before reaching 20K or so

Paul
    I knew about the windows but I must admit I forgot to check any oxygen was loaded on the first flight. I'm writing a checklist for myself right now so that doesn't happen again .

Andrew