CFS3 cd's have gone into the bin (non-recycling) + question

Thread: CFS3 cd's have gone into the bin (non-recycling) + question

CFS3 cd's have gone into the bin (non-recycling) + question

Yep, decided that game is just not worth the time. I'm enjoying cfs2 and il-2 so much they're taking up all my combat flight simming freetime.

I reckon cfs2 is the most fun, and definitely has the most powerful mb tool, the il-2 mb is ok but limited, the cfs3 one was 'orrible - impossible to understand and only good for time wasting and putting ships on beaches or fields.

I like il-2 when I'm wearing my serious hat, but after a few missions when I keep getting flamed or can't catch any enemy planes up I usually revert to cfs2 again to build up my confidence again!!

A question to you old hands; I'm starting to clogg in aircraft (92 now), I'm NOT taking cfs2 to Europe, Africa or Russia but I'm seriously thinking of dividing the war with Japan into 2 installs; 1. true pacific (USAAC/AF, USN, USMC, IJN, IJAAF, RAAF/RNZAF & RN) and 2. S E Asia/CBI (RAF/CW, AVG, USAAF, IJAAF).

I've never done this before with any game so can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how its done please. I'd need to use the mb for both of course.

thanks.

Spud; If you are finding CFS2 too easy, try some of the campaigns the guys have created. Look on page 1 of utilities in the add_ons section. Look for cfs1 objects and cfs2 multi-install. There are a few ways to make a second install. I just change the name of the first install. There used to be a section for FAQ for cfs2, that had a few tutorials in it, but I took a fast look around and have not found it. Good luck!

Second Install

Spud,

Making a second installation of CFS 2 is pretty easy. Just:

1. Go to: Start, Computer, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2

2. Right click in the Microsoft Games folder and select "Make New Folder" (outside of CFS 2)

3. Name the new folder whatever you want. Let's call it CFS 2 ETO

4. Go back to your CFS 2 folder and open it. Copy all the folders and files

5. Paste the folders and files into your new CFS 2 ETO folder

6. Open up the ETO folder and:

a. Rename your CFS2 application icon to: CFS 2 ETO

b. Rename your CFS2.cfg file to CFS 2 ETO

7. Right click on your new CFS 2 ETO application icon and select "Create Shortcut"

8. Cut and paste the new shortcut to your desk top.

9. Start CFS 2 ETO for a test. If it works start adding all your aeroplanes and whatevery you need.

10. It's probably best to start with a fresh installation of CFS 2 and rebuild from that. That way you don't repeat all the mistakes and add all the unneeded stuff in your original CFS 2.

Once you get your second CFS 2 up and flying, we can talk about centralized files (saves HD space) and the mission builder.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Many thanks guys - up and running, got the copy working ok, now for the mb which is a bit of a puzzler to me.........

Hey Spud, there was a post in the forum a couple of weeks back about that. There is also a few ways of creating another mission builder. If you cannot find the info in the forum, give us a shout. I will try to remember how I did it, or one the guys will tell ya how to do it.:ernae:

I've got a canned tutorial with screen shots on my lap top on setting up the MB for multiple installs. I'll post it when I get back to my quarters tonight.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

MB in Multi-Installs

1. Create a shortcut of your CFS 2 application icon

2. Keep it in your new CFS 2 installation

3. Add "MB" or whatever you want to distinguish it from your main CFS 2 application file. This is not critical, as you can name it whatever you want and it will still function

3. Right click on it and select "Properties" and then the "Shortcut" tab

4. Select the "Target" window and use the "EXACT" name of your new second installation CFS 2 Icon twice in the line. In this case, we'll use CFS 2 ETO Ostfront. See the attached screen shot

5. Select the "Start in" window and name this EXACTLY the same, but only once. Do not erase the quotation (") mark at the end of the "Start in" address or the "Target" address lines.

6. Click on "Apply" at the bottom and then "OK." If it will not let you "Apply" the new addresses, then something is wrong with your CFS 2 icon name or you misspelled part of the Target or Start in lines

7. Make a short cut for your desk top if you wish
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

Once again many thanks - what a helpful and informative forum this is, with a great community.

I''ll do it over the holidays. :salute: