B-17 Operations Scrubbed. Technical lectures scheduled until the weather front clears - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B-17 Operations Scrubbed. Technical lectures scheduled until the weather front clears

EgoR64
    Neat !! :ernae:

Waiting - Watching !!

Many Cheers !!

lol great manual, with this plane and manual you should be able to get a type rating in the real one lol I imagine this would be a great tool for RL warbird pilots wishing to get time in the B-17.
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-A2A View Post
    Yes Kiwi.

Intelligence Officer has already given us the films. Trouble is we have lost the damn projector. Bet it was them limeys up the road!

Once we get the blasted thing back, we will get the films showing in the mess hut.

:ernae:
    First with taking all the girls and now we get accused of taking your projector.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Front is starting to clear, test flight went up with Scott to check out the conditions

Note the intercooler flaps above, as the co-pilot can manage the engines for you.

:ernae:

Charter Member 2011
    oooooo purdy!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Blog Entries
    This baby is soooooooooooooooo H-O-T!!!!!! Great job A2A and team!!!
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Master of Disaster
    So hot they're finally going to release it? Yes I know it hasn't really been that long!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

TELEGRAM

8TH ARMY AIRFOCE - SUFFOLK

FRONT MOVING FASTER THAN EXPECTED -STOP- EXPECTED CLEAR UNLESS STRONG WINDS -STOP- CURRENTLY NO SIGN OF WINDS FROM EAST -STOP- GIVE JERRY HELL FOR US! -STOP-

RAF MET OFFICE
    LONDON

Looks like we're on for - soonish! Grab your flight jacket and tin hat. And radio mike, and electric furry pants. And .45. And GLoves. And life preserver. Whoohoo!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

another RAF MET report I found...

RAF MET REPORT

FRONT MOVING FASTER THAN EXPECTED -STOP- OPERATIONS BEING PLANNED READY FOR CLEARING -STOP- BE PREPARED FOR OPS SOON -STOP-

Yeehaw
    Chad (PAAQ)

Oh man, is it time to pull out the F5 button? :d

P.S. Lewis, did ya find the projector?

F5 locked and phasers set to stun.
    Chad (PAAQ)

Master of Disaster
    LEWIS IS A TEASE-STOP-LOL-STOP
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Crew of the 'Smooth Slammer' (My Bird) stood to, "hey PRB not forgetting your flak jackets are ya? Jerry don't exactly like our lot flying about" *Stares at the sky* weathers clearing...

shame theres no 'Spook' Fortress... RAF used 3 (I Think) B-17's (Fortress III's) as radio and radar jammers for their night time raids over germany, night fighters can't get ya if they can't talk to the ground radar

B-17 Fortresses with No. 214 Squadron. These aircraft were crammed with newly developed, and secret, electronic devices. Murray recalled that, "We went to war without bombs but with Tinsel, ABC, Mandrel, Jostle and all the other countermeasures invented by the Telecommunications Research Establishment at Malvern. The crew included a "Special Wireless Operator," a fluent German-speaking airman whose primary function was to tune his powerful jammer -- code-named 'Jostle' -- to the frequencies being used by the German night-fighter controllers and blot out their transmissions to their own questing night-fighters."

^Note the Telescopic 'Cigar' antenna...

Anyways... Stood to and waiting (im)patiently (At times) :salute:

That would be a cool paint to have. I hope somebody does it.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

She's looking lovely. Hopefully it will be bacon and powdered eggs for breakfast soon. P.S. Anybody seen my navigator?

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Those screens are impressive. Looks even better than it did in the video. After reading the manual I did not realize that the cowl flaps were hydraulicly driven... that should be an interesting failure if the pump craps out on you, or you run out of fluid in flight. Especially if you have the cowl flaps set for cruise.. better pray you don't have to go around, lol. I just see engines either catching fire/or dying completely. As long as the hydraulic pump doesn't fail as much as it does in my P-47D I think I'll be good. This is going to be a fun aircraft.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Luckily, R-1820's aren't prone to catching fire, or over-heating that easily. In most cases you have to be more concerned about keeping the engines warm, rather than cool, such as on descent.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Found the projector, Damn limeys were laughing so hard at chaplin they didnt notice us when to got the thing back and the room when black!

Would post the vids here but they are a bit small here so ill just link over to Scotts post;

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=21394

Gawd knows what the limeys will be planning for revenge!

omgomgomgomg

woohoooooooooooooo!

ok who ordered the RAF Bird, have her WIP, Noseart as 'Archangels Aces' (Archangel being my nickname on base), another few hours and she should be done... :salute: