How bout a Turbo Lake Renegade??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bout a Turbo Lake Renegade??

How bout a Turbo Lake Renegade??

This would be a fun plane to do! Anyone else interested in buying one for FSX?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lake-...rbo/1149576/L/
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I would LOVE a lake renegade. Every year at EAA I always see at least a few. It is such a unique airplane.

3D gauges please! (AKA not Carenado )

I would! FSX needs more sea planes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yea I'd buy one. There's definitely a shortage of FSX native seaplanes in FSX. The only one's of worth that I can think of are the Aerosoft Catalina, and the AlphaSim Albatross. A while back I asked a question of Mathijs Kok, about the possibility of Aerosoft doing a Boeing 314, in the same vein as the Cat. Unfortunately (though quite understandably) he said that much as he loves the plane there simply isn't the market out there to justify the development costs. People, he stated, generally tend to buy flightsim models of aircraft that still exist, and that they can actually see in real life. Regretably no 314's actually exist anyone, which limits any potential market considerably.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowmaker View Post
    A while back I asked a question of Mathijs Kok, about the possibility of Aerosoft doing a Boeing 314, in the same vein as the Cat. Unfortunately (though quite understandably) he said that much as he loves the plane there simply isn't the market out there to justify the development costs. People, he stated, generally tend to buy flightsim models of aircraft that still exist, and that they can actually see in real life. Regretably no 314's actually exist anyone, which limits any potential market considerably.
    Maybe so. But put me on the list to buy a good FSX Boeing Clipper.

I'd like one too. Spent so much time with the freeware one(s) in FS2000 & FS2002 my screen had water marks on the inside. As long as the developer doesn't buckle under to the folks who would want tundra tires on it too, I'm in. )

Charter Member 09
    I have a nice Lake Renegade Amphibian at Plum Island. If anyone is interested in it I could provide tons of photos of it showing things like the rubber bumper guards on it. It's been freshly restored. I can get the insturment panel and all internal structures.They were built at nearby Sanford Airport in Maine. They're fairly popular around here especially at Lake Winnepisaukee in New Hampshire.
    You interested in something different Bill Womack?
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    I have a nice Lake Renegade Amphibian at Plum Island. If anyone is interested in it I could provide tons of photos of it showing things like the rubber bumper guards on it. It's been freshly restored. I can get the insturment panel and all internal structures.They were built at nearby Sanford Airport in Maine. They're fairly popular around here especially at Lake Winnepisaukee in New Hampshire.
    You interested in something different Bill Womack?
    Could be, could be. I started a SeaBee project a few months ago, which I'm noodling around with in my spare time (joke). The Renegade would be fun, too. I need to see if I can get my hands on some good 3-views and/or plans.

By the way, did that 185 amphib ever return to the nest at Plum Island? I think we're pretty close to a Carenado expansion pack release, and I'd love to finish up my '76 repaint.

A new Renegade would be nice. I think John Woodward did one many years ago, but it is not compatible with FSX.

Charter Member 09
    Bill, the 185 is still in the shop. As far as I know it's at Pease Air Force Base and they are looking for a hydraulic pump for her. If it doesn't come back in a week, I'll take a ride up to Portsmouth and grab some pictures.
    In the mean time I'll take some pictures of the Lake for you. Rain in the AM but should be sunny by afternoon.

Charter Member 09

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    A new Renegade would be nice. I think John Woodward did one many years ago, but it is not compatible with FSX.
    Actually, it is, it just isn't very good by today's standards. There are some alpha problems that can be worked out most likely, but it lacks detail in just about every area of the model.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Lake Renegade would be cool. There isn't many single-engine seaplanes for FSX.

What do you think about look of ATOL 575

I like the look of that one too Antton, I love those small, cockpit close to the water type seaplanes!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    I like the look of that one too Antton, I love those small, cockpit close to the water type seaplanes!

You might like this little treat then, the ICON A5

http://www.iconaircraft.com/Experience-ICON.html

When I first discovered this aircraft it just screamed Lionheart to me. I think this would be a neat little hot rod for PNW and Tongass.
    "The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

Quote Originally Posted by 2Low View Post
    You might like this little treat then, the ICON A5

http://www.iconaircraft.com/Experience-ICON.html

When I first discovered this aircraft it just screamed Lionheart to me. I think this would be a neat little hot rod for PNW and Tongass.
    Yes! Lionheart all written over it... or IRIS. Superb looking aircraft, looks like a racing car from the front.

Jose.

ITs an amazing looking aircraft, but those complex compount curvs gives any modeler nightmares for weeks. To anyone foolish enough to take on the Icon A5, :salute:
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Ahh yes, forgot about that little sport plane. What a nice one!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

That is indeed very nice and very stylish to boot!

Does anybody remember the Lake Renegade from the times FS did NOT rule the virtual skies ??... Aka Flight Unlimited I/II/III, Pro Pilot, Fly! ?.... ( Ok, FS still ruled the virtual skies but atleast they gave it a go ! )

I do very much, just can't seem to remember with which of these sims, hehe....

i've just requested this over at the IRIS forums come chirp in you never know...

seaplanes are one of my real loves in aviation, the ICON A5 is a real beauty... but as for my real seaplane love.... well thats reserved for things like the Sunderland...Clipper... and this A5, she's a beauty!

Charter Member 09
    I went to Plum Island Airport and took 35 pictures of the Lake Renegade for Bill Womack. Maybe he can make some sense out of them.
    I just missed the Terrafugia transition auto hybrid that landed there yesterday. The pilot said he would be back.

SOH-CM-2023
    Nahh. Bill needs to make one of these... http://www.seawind.net/

I met the owner of Seawind a couple of years ago. The planes are pretty common in VT as the plant is just south of Montreal so they tend to clear customs in Burlington where I used to work.

Cool plane. Nearly as fast as a Cirrus SR-22 and amphibious...

Brian

PS: I did a major rework of the original Lake as part of the Renegade/Seawolf design group. I should see if the bird works in FSX (SP1) on my system.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    . . . . .PS: I did a major rework of the original Lake as part of the Renegade/Seawolf design group. I should see if the bird works in FSX (SP1) on my system.
    That would be great Brian!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Nahh. Bill needs to make one of these... http://www.seawind.net/

I met the owner of Seawind a couple of years ago. The planes are pretty common in VT as the plant is just south of Montreal so they tend to clear customs in Burlington where I used to work.

Cool plane. Nearly as fast as a Cirrus SR-22 and amphibious...

Brian

PS: I did a major rework of the original Lake as part of the Renegade/Seawolf design group. I should see if the bird works in FSX (SP1) on my system.
    It does, FSX/SP1 that is.
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag: