Great to see a trains thread!

Thread: Great to see a trains thread!

Great to see a trains thread!

I hope this gets some traction, the people on the trainz forums can be a little abrasive sometimes. I like trains but apparently trains dont like me. I bought MSTS years ago and dug it back up and promptly erased it after realizing that a simple freeware addons would require a ton of other downloads and some were even payware. So I moved to Trainz 2009 and thats just as big of a nightmare. They tout this massive central download station but everything i download has missing dependencies EVERYTHING. Not to mention all 09 turns out to be is a collection of addons from 04 and 06. Regardless I'm trying to make it work and I seem to spend all my time searching for dependencies and no time actually driving trains or even flying in FSX!

I could use some help with finding a train sim. There seem to be two types, driving the train as in MSTS and the overhead view construction type like the old Railroad Tycoon. I like the Railroad Tycoon type as there is more to do. What's the best one out there?

Happiness Consultant
    YAY!!

Blast it all H'.

The link I looked at last night took me to the "Other Hobbies" forum and Trains as a subforum ...
    But now I'm gladder to see it as a forum of its own.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Blog Entries
    i WISH i still had railroad tycoon.. i rocked at that game ::lol:;..
    The bottom line truth though is there is no single rail simulator/construction set that is the best.. Every single one of them have drawbacks, and every single one of them have advantages. Some even lead off into none compouter related areas such as layout designers, and that obviously has its own but very different advantages and disadvantages over computers..
    For myself personally, it seems that running a virtual settup will be transformed an actual N-scale setup. i can do initial rail layout in one of the cad programs and pull that into railworks to build a virtual model of it, then simply take that and build it on my table top in mesh and plaster..

As it stands now, Simulators are as wide and varied as they once were with airplanes. they're all good within their specific arena, but the frustrating thing is that none of them stretch beyond a limited arena like flight sim does.. We can hope though

I've got Rail Tycoon 2, which is great, but doesn't like windows 7 and 64 bit processors.

I've also got Microsoft T.S. with just about every New Zealand engine, carriage, and scenery available..

But....too many games, not enough time........

A "Train thread" GREAT !!! I also play msts and Trainz. I hope this thread grows