cfs3 wont start

Thread: cfs3 wont start

Question cfs3 wont start

after intstalling an addon plane to cfs3 it will no longer start even though I have removed the new plane. I remember years ago I had the same problem and I had to delete some file that was not in the main cfs3 folder.

anybody know anything about this? I sure forgot.

Try changing the line ShowUIWorld="true" to ShowUIWorld="false" in the game.xml
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    after intstalling an addon plane to cfs3 it will no longer start even though I have removed the new plane. I remember years ago I had the same problem and I had to delete some file that was not in the main cfs3 folder.

anybody know anything about this? I sure forgot.
    Sdsbolt,

Simple fix.

If XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name (Your Name)\Application Data\Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0

If Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0

In both cases above, delete the uisel.xml from the Combat \Flight Simulator 3.0 folder.

NOT the one from the main game folder (Combat Flight Simulator 3) found in Program Files\Microsoft Games.

I hope this helps.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

That sounds like the old sound file probem. If you don't have the planes sound files. CFS3 will let you fly the plane when you first load it. But if you leave it in the startup spot when you leave CFS3 it won't let you in unless you do as the boys say or adding the missing sound files. It is one of CFS3's odd things. Have a look at what sound files it the plane is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by seacondor View Post
    That sounds like the old sound file probem. If you don't have the planes sound files. CFS3 will let you fly the plane when you first load it. But if you leave it in the startup spot when you leave CFS3 it won't let you in unless you do as the boys say or adding the missing sound files. It is one of CFS3's odd things. Have a look at what sound files it the plane is looking for.

Very true, the sim won't start up properly unless there is a stock aircraft left in the Hanger area before shutdown

thanx for the replies. having other major problems with my gaming computer so seems I have other problems to fix 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Autothrottle View Post
    Very true, the sim won't start up properly unless there is a stock aircraft left in the Hanger area before shutdown
    No That isn't correct. The sim will start with any aircraft as long as it is setup properly. One of the big issues is it has to be able to find the sound files it needs. When you install a plane without it's correct sound files the sim will use a default file. But as soon as you leave the sim, leaving the plane in the startup slot, the sim won't use the default sound file with the plane. It just won't startup. Until the missing sound files are added or you remove the default CFS3 folder which resets the startup slot with a default aircraft.

if you want to fix that permanently just make sure each aircraft has its own sound file (not aliased). Problem solved!

That's why ShowUIWorld="false" works to get you running long enough to select a different aircraft, as it bypasses the need for the sound file.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.