how good is UK2000- VFR AIRFIELDS VOLUME1?

Thread: how good is UK2000- VFR AIRFIELDS VOLUME1?

how good is UK2000- VFR AIRFIELDS VOLUME1?

does anybody have it and can recommend it?
    is it worth its Price?

BR

I have both volumes. Being a UK resident, I wouldn't not have them, excellent value for money with superb support. You get hell of a lot of airfields for the price.
    Just waiting for Volume 3 being a northener !!!

is it compatible with Mega Airport Heathrow?
    if yes I will consider purchase of Vol1

Frame rate impact?

BR
    Tom

Hi - I've got both V1 and 2.
    There are, very good packages and I would highly recommend them. They are both worth their money. The quality of airports varies a lot with this package, included some that are superd such as Shoreham that are very detailed, but some like Goodwood and Biggin Hill which I was a little dissapionted with. The great thing about them is the airport's base images, they look wonderful and merge in nicely with default scenery. The frames are pretty poor in actual fact, especially when all airports are installed and running at one. Even after 2 years of owning this product, I still haven't explored every airport yet. There is a lot in there, and a lot of eye-candy with custom buildings, birds etc. I would definatly but it, it's great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgetrowdy View Post
    The frames are pretty poor in actual fact.
    means what avarage FPS? higher than 20?

BR
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    I have both volumes. Being a UK resident, I wouldn't not have them, excellent value for money with superb support. You get hell of a lot of airfields for the price.
    Just waiting for Volume 3 being a northener !!!
    I'm a UK Resident and i don't have them my preferred flight area is Greece, but from screenshots i may also have to get these VFR Airfields.. then again i'd better not i need a New PC first...

Just saying the FPS are poor is pointless, it's subjective to many elements including individual hardware and software setups.

The pacakges are very good value for money, whether you are using them with default scenery or VFR. If using with the latter, your frames are likely to be higher due to the lack of autogen, if using with the former it's likely that your frames will drop, as these scenery packages are more complicated than the default strips.

Major airports such as Heathrow are not included in the airfield packages, so I see no reason why there should be any conflict.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

And Guzler, you're down south as far as I'm concerned.
    Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    Major airports such as Heathrow are not included in the airfield packages, so I see no reason why there should be any conflict.
    Major airports such as Heathrow & Gatwick are included.

The installer allows you to add or remove any of the featured airports if you prefer another developers redition of a specific airport.

Hi, I really should have explained.
    The frame rate runs slowly, obviously when autogen is dense (as is on my config). At Heathrow for example, the frames well below 20FPS, with autogen dense. However, I never really fly aircraft on FSX that have more than two enginesso I don't often use Int Airports such as Heathrow. I like the package not for the detail of busy, big airports, but for the pleasant grass strips such as Rendcombe and Old Sarum(my favourite). If one goes to the airfield options tool, and turns off all other airports nearby, the frame rate increases rapidly.
    Have a go at the demo, if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Major airports such as Heathrow & Gatwick are included.

The installer allows you to add or remove any of the featured airports if you prefer another developers redition of a specific airport.
    Good catch, thanks Dave. It's been awhile since I installed them and I don't remember seeing this option. I'll consider myself chastised. I'm now off to stand in a corner wearing a dunce hat.
    Cheers,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    And Guzler, you're down south as far as I'm concerned.
    Lol, you're a reet norverner !

I think I will get this as soon I have some € left
    but Lionhearts new biz jet and Alphasim yak52 expansion(hopefully out soon) will have more priority at the moment

BR
    Tom

I have found that these airfields blend better with the new GEX Europe textures than with the default ones, the colours are matching nicely. Mind you I only have the demos. Here's a shot of Old Warden:

these shots look quite good seems to be a nice combination

BR
    Tom

I will try to persuade my father to purchase me GEX Europe and at a later time the airfields

it cost too much € to purchase them at once

BR
    Tom

I guess the best colour combination and blending will be with the UK VFR photoscenery. For me however, the lack of autogen is a letdown so I prefer the less accurate landclass/texture offerings like UTX/GEX with dense autogen for the better overall 3d feel.

Some people do not like the GEX Eu textures and this is personal taste and perfectly acceptable. Personally I find them brilliant. Make your investigation before spending money. The good thing is that Flight1 offer a money back policy for GEX if you do not like them.

I know about the money back policy but I would probably dont need it since I am one of the users who like GEX Europe
    Attachment 2866Attachment 2867

Screenshots were taken flying around at Alf Denhams Wickenby Scenery

BR
    Tom

I am even more tempted now to get the airfields since I have installed demo version of Volume 1

BR
    Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0