Epic Victory Mini Biz Jet Released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Epic Victory Mini Biz Jet Released!

Bill,

Another masterpiece!! One flight so far, Bend to KHIO. So sweet.

Here's your big deal of the day - Epic logo on the rear facing seat is reversed, at least on the one I flew. I'll just but a little doily over it.

How can I get an Epic cup?

Glenn

Great so far!

Bill

Just bought the Victory, good name. Beautiful model, lots of goodies. I have just taken off.... havent landed, the NCAA tournament is calling.

I am sure I will rack up the time quickly.

Thanks for a great plane and a great value.

Chuck

Looks fantastic Bill!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

She's so pretty!!!!! When the Ipad is released, will you update your model?

(Congrats Bill, nicely done)

kc

Congrats on the release Bill!

She is a beut to behold and to fly. I have one small issue though. Not sure if I did something wrong on engine shutdown, but I couldn`t hear any shutdown sounds. Other than that, just WOW!

regards
    Bjørn E.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Congratulations on release Bill, she is perfect. I'll pick up in a hour from Deer Valley and fly her home to Yellowknife were she will join Yellowknife 1 and 2.:salute:

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Congrats on the release Bill!

She is a beut to behold and to fly. I have one small issue though. Not sure if I did something wrong on engine shutdown, but I couldn`t hear any shutdown sounds. Other than that, just WOW!

regards
    Bjørn E.

Hey Bjoern,

The interior shut down sound is so 'very' faint, that you cant hardly hear it. It goes from blower sound to nearly quiet. If you turn it up, you should hear it. Out side, you hear the spool down, similar to a bearing noise. Its not a typical jet sound, which is what I like about it.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Another great product Bill et al, but. there's always a but, I hate the magically disappearing pilot. Bill, your pilots must hate your choice of aircraft because they can't wait to get out as soon as you start shutting off the plane, LOL! Great one mate!

Congrats,

Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey Bjoern,

The interior shut down sound is so 'very' faint, that you cant hardly hear it. It goes from blower sound to nearly quiet. If you turn it up, you should hear it. Out side, you hear the spool down, similar to a bearing noise. Its not a typical jet sound, which is what I like about it.
    Thanks for the quick reply Bill.
    I`ll make sure to crank up the volume next time.
    Now all I have to do is sit down and wait for the paintkit. The texture mapping on this one looks promising. Lots of potential for some awesome skins.

regards¨
    Bjørn E.

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Bill ......... :salute:

Without Question, The most Beautiful and Sexy Aircraft I have yet seen.
    On my way to purchase.
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

lol yeah I took it to some of the more challenging airports like Saba, St Barts, Bear Gulch and Lukla...It handles them with ease almost as if it has some Kodiak blood in it lol

with the dissapearing pilot, maybe the passenger is a rated pilot and likes to fly right seat solo...maybe she is a CFI checking out our pilot...hehe

cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I have to wait for the 25th. I'm out of spending cash.
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

Blog Entries
    ::LOL:: i gotta wait till the third of the month:: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Seriously, i'm gonna move heaven n hell to get this. I know this is the highest quality standard out there and have nothing but desire for it..

The more i watch this bird the more i like it's design, to the point that i'm going to get her...
    Well done Bill!:salute:

We're having a lot of fun @ FlightSim on her release thread: http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/sho...d.php?t=210923

Will make it a point to create a good flight post the Epic Victory there after getting more familiar with her .

Wonderful addition to my hanger, Bill. Thank you for another quality product. May she do well for you!

​.

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey all,

Paint kits are up now. There are three links on the Victory webpage;
    * Exterior (Fuselage and wings) About 60 Megs
    * Interior (ALL cabin textures and panel textures; includes seats, carpet, etc) About 140 Megs
    * Pilots (2 texture sheets, male and female) About 34 Megs

Some layers are labeld, some are not. I may redo them and get them better labled in the next several days. But, its up! :d

In case you didnt see, I did a paint scheme for our young student pilot here; Hannah, ChaCha's young aspiring daughter. She gets a white and pink model Epic with matching theme interior. It looks like it landed in Florida and was captured by Floridian women and repainted in 'shopping cammoflage'.

The N-Number registry on this craft is in 'bling' font.

If you like, I can upload it. Some of the ladies here may enjoy it.

I may do a fictional Israeli Air Force variant with some wear and dust on the paint. I feel the need... The need for some wear and tear... :d

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Blog Entries
    Bill I think you just outdid yourself! This is one very fine aircraft! Thank you very much
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Performance charts

Are there any peformance charts available? Need info to determine take off and landing distnces.

Thanks,

Tom

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Are there any peformance charts available? Need info to determine take off and landing distnces.

Thanks,

Tom
    Hey Tom,

Unfortunately, the only specs are what are posted and in the manual. Nothing else exists on the aircraft.

Bill I think you just outdid yourself! This is one very fine aircraft! Thank you very much
    Ted

txnetcop
    Thanks Ted. I hope to improve radically though. There is so much more we can do with these packages. I would have liked to have a side program that would adjust the panels to widescreen or regular screen, manage loadouts and payloads, and maybe alternative models, such as a female pilot instead of just a male pilot.

So much is possible.

In the old days, I would also offer a scenery side package of some sort with the model pack, and also some adventure flights.

Bill

Count me in! Still waiting for payday, but I will grab this one!!!

Great work:ernae:

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Bill, she's gorgeous!! After looking at the real aircraft, you've done a very fine rendition. The lines and form are so sleek & fast. And the interior shots are...life like.

How is she on frame rates? I'm hoping like your Kodiak.

A little feedback (and I have to wait till payday) and I, I like it!!!

Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey Tom,

Unfortunately, the only specs are what are posted and in the manual. Nothing else exists on the aircraft.

Thanks Bill, I was afraid of that as I did a Google search and could find nothing. Guess will just have to fly and try to determine them. It is a great plane I am finding the FPS great using PNW Blue.

Tom

Thanks Ted. I hope to improve radically though. There is so much more we can do with these packages. I would have liked to have a side program that would adjust the panels to widescreen or regular screen, manage loadouts and payloads, and maybe alternative models, such as a female pilot instead of just a male pilot.

So much is possible.

In the old days, I would also offer a scenery side package of some sort with the model pack, and also some adventure flights.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post

Thanks,

Tom
    This little Jet wants to behave like a Kodiak LOL. I am guessing standard Takeoff is about 1500' and landing with little braking is similar. If you really need to get up, you can easily get in and out under 1000' using shortfield TO/L techniques. Because it is a single, there is no need to calculate takeoff or stopping distiances after an engine failure.

Thats one thing that really amazes me about the airplane. You look at the LT and you see that it is sleek and it has that big ol PT6 in front...you KNOW it will go fast and probably have a nice short takeoff run. The victory is sleek too but you uncover that engine panel and you see that tiny little mouse's engine :P I am sure there are APUs that are bigger LOL So you think well with an engine like that, it will fly, but will be fairly docile.....nope not this little engine. This little Jet really leaps and climbs like a little rocketship. It is amazing how such a small enigine can produce so much power for that plane. Tho if you remember the BD-5J, that thing had an engine that looked like a couple of beer cans put together and that little plane zipped all over the place.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 5