Simply The Best Formation Flight Video I have seen so far (Patrouille de France)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simply The Best Formation Flight Video I have seen so far (Patrouille de France)

Simply The Best Formation Flight Video I have seen so far (Patrouille de France)

Here it is

Definitely some great flying there.
    But the music was overly dramatic and rather dark for my taste. :isadizzy:

I feel it would benefit from a lighter music score.
    Hearing the jets would have been a plus too.
    Wish folks would let the aircraft "speak" more in videos.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I agree this video is not the most "artistic" video around, but the pilot's skills are truly above standards.
    He flew the 8 aircrafts using FSrecorder one after the other.
    Amazing job indeed ! :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by MirageIII2009 View Post
    I agree this video is not the most "artistic" video around, but the pilot's skills are truly above standards.
    He flew the 8 aircrafts using FSrecorder one after the other.
    Amazing job indeed ! :salute:
    Sorry, I didn't want to sound so negative.
    I really do like the camera angles he used, and the editing was great.
    And I totally agree, that was some amazing flying on his part.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Sorry, I didn't want to sound so negative.
    I really do like the camera angles he used, and the editing was great.
    And I totally agree, that was some amazing flying on his part.
    No worries ! :ernae:

Sugoi! I like the music too.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Thanks guys (i made this video...)!

If you wanna see more formation flying, here are other videos i did, I hope you'll like it:

Patrouille de France, Part 1:

Red Bull Air Race (Breitling Jet Team):

See ya!:salute:

Quentin.

http://www.dailymotion.com/kentinpilot

I found the music choice a refreshing change from the stereotyped "top Gun' type we see all too often, a little jet noise on the fly pasts would be good, but the flying skill demonstrated is superb.

Well Done !

I think it's a very well put together package. The flying is incredible, especially one pilot flying all positions, the cinematography is awe inspiring, and I like the music selection.

Very well done.

Glenn

Quentin, you are one of the finest sim pilots I've ever had the pleasure of viewing.
    Amazing video, that first one, quite impressive. Will check the others later. ~Outstanding~

Thanks for posting it, MirageIII

​.

First let me say that I think Quentin has made a first class flight sim video. But I also think it's important to let folks know that with the new version of FSRecorder that's now available, making such formation flights is a lot easier than it ever was before. So my compliments to Quentin are not so much for his flying ability, but for his ability to master a new tool and get results that are first rate. It's like complimenting someone for making an image using Photoshop. If the artist has done their job right, you can't see the edges where the different parts are blended together. Regular folks unfamiliar with Photoshop just go wow. Other artists who know how Photoshop works just say - good job.

good job Quentin

Blog Entries
    I loved the video. At first I thought it was a real video of the actual performance. It was like watching a ballet. Very beautifully done.

I thought the music was fine for this particular video. Like Dain, I often wish they would just turn off the music and let me hear the sounds of the planes. One of the big draws to airshows is the NOISE. Why should a video be different?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

tigisfat
    I don't even want to know how long it took to make this.

What formation method did you use? There's less movement than real life, so I'm almost doubting that this was made in recorder.

A absolutely brilliantly made video! However for me there would be one reason to dislike it. It makes me realise what a lousey pilot I actually am :redf:

Cheers,
    Huub

One of the new tools added to FSRecorder is the ability to easily duplicate recorded flights and add position, timing and angle offsets. This means you can just make one flight of one aircraft and then duplicate it 5 times and add different offsets and in a matter minutes you have a very precise 6 ship formation. Whether or not this is the method Quentin used it doesn't really matter a whole lot. It still requires quite a bit of effort and talent to then go in and record the different shots during playback of the flights and then edit them together to make a good looking video. The programmer for FSRecorder has said that he will be adding even more options to the advanced playback feature so that video makers in the near future will have even more tools to work with when making these kind of formation videos.

Quote Originally Posted by X_eidos2 View Post
    One of the new tools added to FSRecorder is the ability to easily duplicate recorded flights and add position, timing and angle offsets. This means you can just make one flight of one aircraft and then duplicate it 5 times and add different offsets and in a matter minutes you have a very precise 6 ship formation. Whether or not this is the method Quentin used it doesn't really matter a whole lot. It still requires quite a bit of effort and talent to then go in and record the different shots during playback of the flights and then edit them together to make a good looking video. The programmer for FSRecorder has said that he will be adding even more options to the advanced playback feature so that video makers in the near future will have even more tools to work with when making these kind of formation videos.
    Yes I guess that was the method used as the 8 airplanes are perfectly synchronised. (which is very hard to achieve with no radio signal between the different pilots since there is only one pilot flying the 8 planes).
    I am not sure I am clear but as you fly along with a recorded AI as your leader, there is signal as when to start a loop, a turn, and so on....
    Anyways, whatever the method used, Quentin is a fine virtual pilot and a good director and editor ! :ernae:

Patrouille de France videos is in my favorite youtube

And here is other awesome video from team "Birds of fires"

<object width="480" height="384">

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://betaplayer.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xb5orh" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="480" height="384"></object>
    Présentation Birds Of Fires 2009-2010
    Enviado por guigui1993. - Veja mais videos de Games

At least, I have discovered a new functionality of Fsrecorder : FS converter!
    Thanks! :ernae:

There are plenty of scenes with splits and rolls that require at least 2 or 3 independent tracks, so even if FS recorder features were used, the skill remains to fly the manoeuvres so tightly and the smoke effects vary somewhat too, but that can be generated by different model files. See the last scene where all aircraft independently peel away. Whether mixed or all independent, this is some great work.

Wow!!!

Thanks guys, i am touched by your messages!

First, i am sorry if my words are incorrect, but i am french, and only 17!!:ernae:

I have a few things to say, especially to X_eidos2: i am not sure but i think you don't understand the way i made this video: all the aircrafts you can see are not some "clones", i just used FSrecorder to record tracks one by one, that's why the Alphajets (name of these aircrafts) are moving when the camera is close...
    So please don't tell me that my video is just cool cause of the angles used for cameras, or something like that, it takes several months to get at this result!

Once again, thank you for your commentaries, this is really great to see that you appreciate my video!:salute:

Bye!

Quentin.

Here is a short example I made using Fsrecorder and flying the first airplane only. I converted the track I recorded into a txt file and edited it, added an offset value for each wingman and converted it back into a frc file. that's it. The video shows what I got : a perfect formation!
    However, Quentin seems not to have used that Technic as the wingman airplanes are not perfectly steady in his video.
    [YOUTUBE]pjGbmdnbk5Q[/YOUTUBE]

If Quentin says he made individual frc files for each plane in the formations I have no reason not to believe him.
    If it took him several months to accomplish this it's easy to see why.
    He's accomplished a very difficult task in probably the hardest possible way.

I'm just trying to explain that someone else could make a similar video with the same stunning results in a fraction of the time using the tools now available in the newest version of FSRecorder.

MirageIII2009
    If you want to introduce some slight imperfections into your flights to get that bobbing around effect, add a slight time offset. Somewhere in the 0.025 and 0.015 second range. Then make adjustments to the position offsets to make up for the time change. The current version of the advance playback menu only allows time offsets in whole seconds. To make time offsets in a fraction of a second you have to make the edits in the txt version of the flight file. Upcoming versions of FSRecorder will have the ability to make time offsets in fractions of a second when working in the advanced playback menu.

If Quentin says he made individual frc files for each plane in the formations I have no reason not to believe him.
    If it took him several months to accomplish this it's easy to see why.
    He's accomplished a very difficult task in probably the hardest possible way.

I'm just trying to explain that someone else could make a similar video with the same stunning results in a fraction of the time using the tools now available in the newest version of FSRecorder.

MirageIII2009
    If you want to introduce some slight imperfections into your flights to get that bobbing around effect, add a slight time offset. Somewhere in the 0.025 and 0.015 second range. Then make adjustments to the position offsets to make up for the time change. The current version of the advance playback menu only allows time offsets in whole seconds. To make time offsets in a fraction of a second you have to make the edits in the txt version of the flight file. Upcoming versions of FSRecorder will have the ability to make time offsets in fractions of a second when working in the advanced playback menu.
    You're right, I tried to add time offsets and it looks less clean.
    Anyways, I like to fly very imperfect formations manually using 2 ou 3 aircrafts only!
    Thanks for your instructive input! :ernae:

Even if it was possible to add inperfections, you couldn't do some aerobatics, like in my video, and the behaviour of the aircrafts couldn't be as realistic as this...

I just used FSrecorder in the way I said above, and the Windows tape recorder to synchronise the leader and the wingmans with my voice!

So it's simply impossible to make a formation like in my video with your method!

I hope you'll understand (I am not hurt by what you said, but sincerely that's ridiculous!), and thank you for the interest you take in my video!:ernae:

I am gonna sleep now (I am French, so because of the time difference, it's time to fly trough both space and time, out of body, out of mind)!

Hasta luego!

Quentin.