Higher-end scenery question

Thread: Higher-end scenery question

Higher-end scenery question

Why is it that when I add a detailed scenery texture like Gottfried Razek's Bryce Canyon area, all the buildings and trees vanish? The textures are certainly an improvement but the ground has nothing sticking up from it.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Photoreal ground textures do not have the autogen annotations, so there is nothing to tell the sim engine where to place the trees, buildings, etc. Therefore, it doesn't put any in. One of the main reasons I don't use it, I like my autogen....

Charter Member 2011
    It is possible to add autogen to photoscenery but it is a tedious process so most just leave it out.
    At altitude it normally does the job.
    I generally prefer a good set of textures to bare PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    It is possible to add autogen to photoscenery ...
    IIRC, Blueskyscenery's photoreal Hawaii does have autogen (buildings at least), so the result is quite stunning:

Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do have that particular scenery and agree it is stunning. Is it autogen poking through or were they added as part of the scenery?

Also as part of a general re-install avoidance tactic, I just finished a review of my add-on scenery folder? After deleting the folders I haven't used in ages I just gained almost 6GB of HD space. Twenty years ago the best desk top might get you 3GB for $4000.00!
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570