How To Remove Campaigns

Thread: How To Remove Campaigns

How To Remove Campaigns

My CFS2 setup is getting rather crowded, both in size and aircraft.

So I thought I would delete some unused campaigns that would both give me back some much needed Disk space, and also remove aircraft that I don't use. The I can fill up the space with new campaigns!

Deleting the aircraft out of the Aircraft folder is fine, but how do I find all the itty bits of old campaigns that I want to remove?
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

You'll find all of the campaign mission files in your CAMPAIGNS folder. There will be three types of files, the MIS files, DYN files and a single CMG file. Since there is no set format for naming mission files you'll have to look carefully to be sure you get the right campaign.

The mission files will probably all have similar names with sequential numbers. For example, RAAF-01, RAAF-02, RAAF-03, etc. In most cases you'll find two for each number, an MIS file and a DYN file although some could have just an MIS file. Remove all of the files of both types. You'll also need to remove the single CMG file. It may or may not have a similar name, such as RAAF.cmg. Click on View in the toolbar and select Details to see the file extensions. That will help you find the CMG files in the folder. It should have a similar name, but if you aren't sure, open the file with Notepad and read the details to be sure you are removing the correct one.

Removing these campaign files will gain you some space but realistically not much. Probably less that one or two complete aircraft folders. Still, sometimes every little bit helps. I wouldn't delete them permanently in case you want to fly them again. Burn them to a CD instead.

Campaigns may also have included add-on scenery, objects, effects, etc. You could remove these as well but you may have other missions or campaigns that use them so they are probably better left in place.

Thanks for the suggestions Cody, I appreciate it.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Members who have read this thread: 0