Alphasim USS Enterprise for FSX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alphasim USS Enterprise for FSX

Alphasim USS Enterprise for FSX

I'm reletively new to Sim Outhouse forums, but have been reading them for years. I have the FS9 version of Alphasim's USS Enterprise carrier package. I heard you could install it in fsx, but i'm not seeing how that's done. The version i have says it's v2 but when i open it, i'm seeing and reading it's fs9... Am i missing something and to quote from there website it's saying "
    © AlphaSim 2005
    USS Enterprise Scenery
    ** FS2004 and FSX SP1 only **

Does this mean i'm S-O-L(sh** out of luck) I have FSX Gold with the accelleration pack built in
    I don't see an Alphasim forum anymore so i thought the vast knowledge here would be able to help me
    Thx so much in advance

yeah it won't work with Accel, try the Nimitz by Javier Fernandez its much better!

Hopefully we may see a Big E in FSX/Acc at some point. It would be nice to see WW2 and Vietnam era Essex class flat tops as well like Kitty Hawk Class, Forrestal & Midway Class at some point. One can hope!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Roger on more carriers for FSX! And welcome aboard, Stinger!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    Hopefully we may see a Big E in FSX/Acc at some point. It would be nice to see WW2 and Vietnam era Essex class flat tops as well like Kitty Hawk Class, Forrestal & Midway Class at some point. One can hope!
    Yeah we need some Nam era carriers for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Yeah we need some Nam era carriers for sure!
    I'll echo that.
    :ernae:

Ok,well after much confiquring i was able to take my FS9 scenery enterprise folders and move them in to the addon scenery of my fsx fire up my arrcab 2.6 cables and wall-a, And here is a pic to prove that it works.....

This is the Accell F-18 w/ NASA paint sitting on the deck

And being that i do have Javier's Carriers as well, but what i don't have is the zones for them to launch and recover to add to my arrcab, is there somewhere i might find those?

Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, Solar system, Milky way, Universe

Question WOW!!! How do you repair it?

This is an Update??
    but i have this scenery pack and it doesn't works

Cheers Dominikx

I have FSX Gold/SP2/Acceleration etc and the AS Big E works normally for me. Have to use the ocean flatten files etc to avoid the dropping through the deck thing - just like in FS9.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    ...but what i don't have is the zones for them to launch and recover to add to my arrcab, is there somewhere i might find those?...

Stinger,

You do not need arrcab with Javier Fernandez's file : uss_nimitz_ike_version2 You will be able to launch and recover your aircraft without having to set up those arrestor cable zones as with Alphasim's great Big "E".

You will need the file aicar2r2 by Lamont Clark, and if you do multiplayer ( I do not ) you may want the file 1SFCarrier2 By Orion Lyau.

I'd like to offer a link for some great tutorial videos, a few tweaks for the FSX Acceleration F-18, and other stuff

http://www.fsxblueangels.com/main.html

Hope this helps

Alphasim Big E works in FSX Acceleration Pack. You'll need ArrCab 2.6 to have cat and cables. Is is a static carrier!

Cheers
    Martin

Hmm.. I remember having tried to use the Enterprise with Acc... don't you have terrible bleed-throughs at evening and night?
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Thx Flameout, just what i was looking for

As a follow-on this new new thread might be of interest:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...USS-Enterprise
    :ernae:

Pilotable USS Enterprise on Flightsim.com

Thinking back, I don't believe I ever bought the Alphasim USS Enterprise scenery, when it was available for FS9 way back when. I know that several folks who DID have that scenery, were able to install and use in FSX, albeit with the incorporation of the Arrcab utility.

My questions are #1 Is this scenery available anywhere? #2 If so, is this scenery worth installing in FSX, given the great SDB Enterprise version? And lastly, #3 Since this is a "Pilotable" type scenery addon mod on Flightsim.com, will it also function as a standalone carrier for landing as a scenery object?

Thanks, NC

Update: I just read, but had forgotten, that SDB had bought (I guess) the designer rights to the Alphasim Enterprise. Still, as others have mentioned, one can't have too many carriers for FSX!

FSX Pilotable Aircraft Carrier USS Enterprise

Name: pilotable-cxr-_enterprise.zip
    Size: 10,056,646 Date: 09-04-2013 Downloads: 20

FSX Pilotable Aircraft Carrier USS Enterprise. Requires the payware package from Alphasim. This add-on. provides a pilotable ship with 2D panel as navigation bridge and five VC cameras. Nineteen other cameras allows you to explore the ship. There are plenty of views of the flight deck, the hangars and within the island plus two external ones. Even three different pilot views are included (Crusader, Tomcat and Hornet). Bitmaps and configuration by Erwin Welker.

NC,

Not sure where you can get it and how much $ but I actually installed the AS FS9 Big E into the FSX DEMO way back in er,um, 2006? I was so concerned to have Nav Ops in FSX before buying it. Have had all these cvn's in their usual fixed locations for years in FSX. I have the SDB Big E too. That one is an AI a/c in drag i.e. it is moving and goes well in AI Carriers and carrier tracks etc. The reason I keep the fixed scenery AS E in FSX is that you can populate it with AI (you need the flattens and AFCADS for this to work) AND you can start a flight from a carrier deck without all the BS that's involved with a saved flight with a moving carrier.

Over and out,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I definitely see the convenience of retaining the AS carrier as fixed scenery, for the reasons you mentioned NC

I've a feeling that this upload on on Flightsim.com will generate a lot of discussion.

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    The FS9 ex-Alphasim Big E is still available here under the Team SDB banner http://www.fspilotshop.com/team-sdb-...se-p-3809.html. Still at the original Alphasim price.

As is the Team SDB FSX Acceleration Big E here http://www.fspilotshop.com/team-sdb-...se-p-3807.html
    MickeyD

How do you make a pilotable (or movable AI) model from a scenery bgl??

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    How do you make a pilotable (or movable AI) model from a scenery bgl??
    Couple of ways actually, but both can easily infringe upon the original authors work. I have seen numerous files from Erwin Welker posted at flightsim and probably other sites, one with my scenery objects included, with no permission and the wrong credits, so all his work is very suspicious to me and I stay clear of it.
    Best, Michael

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    Just to clear up any confusion here. Erwin Welker's pilotable Enterprise requires the Team SDB USS Enterprise for FSX Acceleration and NOT OUR FS9 version. He wrongly says it's the Alphsim ver. ( Alphasim is long gone) and if you click the link it takes you to Virtavia who do not own the rights to these models.
    Please find the models in the links I provided earlier.
    I have asked him to correct his mistakes.
    MickeyD

expat

expat,

You say " Have to use the ocean flatten files etc to avoid...etc".

Where did you get those files please?

I have the carrier installed in many locations and have no ocean flatten files installled and all works ok.

I also cannot find the Flights that came with the Alpasim Enterprise. Had them on a disc once but cannot find that disc. Any ideas here?

Long ago but I think someone made or posted flatten files at avsim or flightsim but could be wrong.

I have it installed in FSX. I use it for testing new products and it works just fine.