OBIO's PSP 8.0 Give Away
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OBIO's PSP 8.0 Give Away

OBIO's PSP 8.0 Give Away

Today, while Deb and I shopped our way through the local Goodwill Thrift Store, I found an unopened, brand new copy of Paint Shop Pro 8.0 for $1. This package originally came with a CPU or Laptop or something, as it is labeled "To be sold with CPU, CTO, or notebook computers." Now, I don't need PSP 8.0 as I have Photo Shop 5.0 LE, Photo Shop 7.0 and Paint Shop Pro 7.0 (which I have installed but don't use....as I am a Photo Shop user). I bought it anyhow...knowing that it would make a nice give away to someone who either wants to get into skinning or someone who does some skinning but who does not have a good photo editor/paint program.

I would prefer that only those who do not have a good working and fairly recent copy of Photo Shop, Paint Shop Pro or some other similar paint/photo editor package on hand enter the give away. There is no way that I would know if the winner has Photo Shop or PSP already...but I am calling on each person to use some honesty and integrity...if you have Photo Shop 6.0, PSP 6.0 or higher....please don't enter...give those who need a good photo editor a better chance of winning.

I would also prefer that those who enter this give away have the inclination/desire to do some skinning. Again, there is no way I can tell if those who enter have the desire to become a skinner...so again, I am calling on each person to be honest. Skinning can be a time consuming, frustrating and addictive thing to get involved in...and it's not for everyone.

Now for the rules:

Entries will only be accepted for 8 days: Those eight days begin at 5:00 pm Today (March 19) and ends at 5:00 PM March 27. Time is Ohio time...my time. Entries made before or after the official time will not be counted.

Only one entry per person. People who make more than one entry will be disqualified.

Entry is open to all SOH/Combat FS members. You do not have to be a charter member.

How to enter: Simply respond to this thread and type a number, between 1 and 10,000.

The winner will be the person who picks the number between 1 and 10,000 that Deb, my wife, tells me....she hasn't told me the number yet.

I will enter the username and number of each entrant into an Ecxel worksheet to keep track. After 5:00 Pm Ohio time on the 27th, I will select the winner. If more than one person picks the winning number, I will write the user names of those people onto a slip of paper...those slips will be dropped into one of my smelly, sweaty ball caps and my wife will draw one slip from the hat (that is if I can convince her to stick her hand down into my smelly sweaty hat). The name on that slip will be the winner.

I will announce the winner in this thread by 8:00 PM on March 27th.

Good Luck!

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

it is impossible to post less than 4 characters. without text, the forum won't allow any number lower than 1000.

Ok, here's my pick.....

Then again it won't do me much good if I do win. I've got Adobe PhotoShop 7 and can't even use that.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

This is really nice of you Obio :salute:

Happiness Consultant
    But! I already have PSP 10+ ...

"Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

So much for the 'if you've already go a decent image editing software don't apply.'

crashalot2
    I will take 2001

NICE find. You know I have PSP and hate it with a passion (I prefer MS Paint and photoshop CS2) so I won't enter. But Kudos to you Obio for your generosity.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

As I hardly visit the newshawks forum I had almost missed this....

Very nice gesture OBIO! However as I have PSP7 I won't enter the contest.

Cheers,
    Huub

I have a PSP, too.

I play with it once in a while. But I like my Nintendo DS better. My number is 888. From Hannah. Bye.
    Hannah Elisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired SOH Administrator

Oooops........

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chacha View Post
    I play with it once in a while. But I like my Nintendo DS better. My number is 888. From Hannah. Bye.

Oooops!

Hannah, PSP is a program for Fixing Photos.....

It is different from your PSP game and DS...

Apologies, OBIO!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My choice: 3918

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

..... Thanks, man. Will go with 5813.

​.

The year I got married, and the wife is looking for the expiery date on that license all the time...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Human Drone
    Indeed this is nice of you. Maybe I could learn how to do this and finally give back a little!

7632 .. gee, I'd better see if it's been taken... ok, cool.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Don't Know Why that number But I'll give it a try LOL.
    Plan to learn to skin anyway..
    Thanks for the Kindness in all of this
    BRAVO

"57"
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

I'm going to extent the run time on this event.....only have 11 entries thus far. I am going to do a post in the various sim forums to make this a bit more known. Entry dead line will now be April 10th, 11:50 pm.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1952 a good year

DRAWING

What the heck!

2713:salute:

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    4937:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

8040 yea definitely 8040. I am an excellent skinner. My old paint program came from K-Mart yea definitely. There are 430 tooth picks in the box. Yea definitely 430.

Members who have read this thread: 0