Help with Piglet's T-28

Thread: Help with Piglet's T-28

Help with Piglet's T-28

I just downloaded Tim Conrad's great T-28 but I have a problem with a black square on either side of the fuselage. The Intromet texture displays fine. I've tried re-downloading and re-installing but still get the black squares. See the pics.

Attachment 2538

Attachment 2539

Thanks,
    Jim

Noticed the prop is tex'd whacky. Where did you d/l from?
    Seems someone mixed up the tex's with my T-28D models. That black square was the slip-in panels for insignias. If I remember right, I included several tex's for the user to "insert".
    Now that I looked at pic for a while, seems the USAF T-28A tex's were crossed with the T-28D model.
    This is a big problem when third parties upload planes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Thanks Tim, I downloaded from Filghtsim.com. I'll see if I can find the original.

Jim

Blog Entries

Same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Noticed the prop is tex'd whacky. Where did you d/l from?
    Seems someone mixed up the tex's with my T-28D models. That black square was the slip-in panels for insignias. If I remember right, I included several tex's for the user to "insert".
    Now that I looked at pic for a while, seems the USAF T-28A tex's were crossed with the T-28D model.
    This is a big problem when third parties upload planes.
    I did a very nice redo of the paint jobs on the Trojan... only to find this "black square" which does not seem to jive with the paint job at all... it eats up part of the national marking... and I don't have enough savvy to fill the hole... is there a texture square for that whole that can be implemented in the model (I guess)... like I said, I am just a graphics artist... no savvy of tech things...
    If you a source to find the solution... please publish it here... or send it to me in a private message...

Attachment 45575

Best bet is always to download Tim's aircraft from the SOH downloads area when possible. As Tim said, when others get hold of his work and republish, you can't be assured that everything is original.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Mr. Piglet is there any chance you can redo this one to your current FSX standards? That would be incredible! :salute: