A little help? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little help?

CFS2 Scenery files check completed. File names and bad links forwarded as requested.

As of this writing I cannot access the archives or library, and I got one page of German skins left, I'll keep trying.

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...
    He was sucked into a jet engine...

Mornin', T Bone; Let me know if you are still having a problem. If so, I will finish what you are working. Thanks, again.

UPDATE, POST 7 ABOVE.:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by mariereid View Post
    Mornin', T Bone; Let me know if you are still having a problem. If so, I will finish what you are working. Thanks, again.

UPDATE, POST 7 ABOVE.:ernae:
    I'm back in buddy. I mistook Rami's instructions, I just copied the file nmes with no links. I'm gonna go do it over with links for the names. I'm on dialup, and it takes 45 minutes per page, so I'm working balls to the wall to complete German skins. I'll let ya know if I have any problems.

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...

T Bone, surely all we need is the link you click on to download the item? I hope so! I am just making a title for each section and then copying all the bad links. I am making the lists in word pad and sending them to Rami. You are going beyond the call of duty! 45 mins. a page! It is taking me about 15 mins., seems like forever. Thanks again, for your time. Back to skins.................:salute::ernae:

UPDATE POST 7 ABOVE:ernae:

T Bone, surely all we need is the link you click on to download the item? I hope so! I am just making a title for each section and then copying all the bad links. I am making the lists in word pad and sending them to Rami. You are going beyond the call of duty! 45 mins. a page! It is taking me about 15 mins., seems like forever. Thanks again, for your time. Back to skins.................:salute::ernae:
    Yep, 15 items per page at 16 pages(16 only has like 5 items) was about 45 minutes per page to load and see if they came up or not. With the file names now I'll just need to copy the links of the affected ones, should cut time down a bit.

Bones
    And then he died...

SEE UPDATE POST 7, ABOVE. Man, I was going to put all the add-ons on discs, but, the dang new discs I just opened will not formatt, oh well. I did get the Japanese, British, and page 1 of other aircraft.:salute:

I will be starting "CFS2 Skins Other" sometime today. That will do it for the skins, thank goodness! I will make a new post later today, on the items left to be done. I never realized just how much we were missing. You guys, both authors and those wanting add-ons, have been really great about this. Thanks for being patient. Let's hope we will get the library restored. (better than it's ever been).To the fellas that do the REAL work on this, thank you so much. It must be a horrible, endless job. :salute::salute::salute::ernae:

Reply...

I am continuing to accumulate the list of names into a spreadsheet, so your efforts are being chronicled, not forgotten. Thanks to you all! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

YEA!

I believe we are finished. I am still working on the last of the skins. Thank you all for helping get this done! :salute::ernae:

I believe we are finished. I am still working on the last of the skins. Thank you all for helping get this done! :salute::ernae:
    I'm having login problems to SOH due to my ISP, I'm still working on German skins and haven't started Other skins. Jpanese skins are practically useless, every one I tried to download is broken. I'm still working.

Bones
    And then he died...

I'll have the Ruskies done and to you tomorrow, life just keeps getting in the way...

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

T Bone, I have covered all the other skins. Just worry about the German skins. The Russian skins are being worked on, I am working on "skins, Other". I will check with ya later and see if you need a hand with anything. Take it easy bud, I think we have covered everything. See post 7 above, give me a shout if you see anything missing. Thanks guys.:salute::ernae:

Update...

To all,

This is the list of file names that I have collected though the efforts of the volunteers. Please download this list and finish off any sections not yet done, or turn over the filenames you do have so that they can be added to the list!

Thanks for all of your determined efforts thus far! (This is in Excel 2007 format)
    "Rami"

T Bone, I have covered all the other skins. Just worry about the German skins. The Russian skins are being worked on, I am working on "skins, Other". I will check with ya later and see if you need a hand with anything. Take it easy bud, I think we have covered everything. See post 7 above, give me a shout if you see anything missing. Thanks guys.:salute::ernae:
    I just emailed Rami the German skins, I hope the links are the correct ones. I'll do them over if they are not, I was able to cut the time down to a great degree but my ISP won't like it if they knew it

Der Bonesch
    And then he died...

Reply...

Tonybones,

I got them, and you did admirably. Well done, and thank you! They have been added to the list, which I just updated and posted.
    "Rami"

I have to check out VB aircraft and FDG add-ons. I should finish Skins Other in a couple of hours.

Reply...

Mariereid,

Thanks again, the list has been updated as of 8:30PM EST.
    "Rami"

Deckard
    OUCH, so many missing files!

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Tonybones,

I got them, and you did admirably. Well done, and thank you! They have been added to the list, which I just updated and posted.
    I apologize for taking so long. What I did do I was glad to do, small repayment for 5 months of downloading and 3 gig of aircraft. Anything I can do agaain call on me.

Bones
    And then he died...

I have to check out VB aircraft and FDG add-ons. I should finish Skins Other in a couple of hours.
    MR, VB planes is a wreck. I haven't seen the updaye yet, but Japanese skins is a wreck too.

Bones
    And then he died...

T bone, I did both of those.How are are you making out with German Aircraft? Want some help? Maybe I can start on German Aircraft, Archive 2? Have ya seen Rami`s list? I am going to update the list in post 7 above. The VB aircraft were all missing, I did that also. I see you slogged your way through the German Skins! 45 min. a page! You've paid your dues, my friend! I did the German Skins Archive 2, I did not notice them on Rami's list. I am PRETTY SURE we have it all covered. If you or Whitehawk want a hand with what you are working on, let me know, I got some time. After the list is done, my wife has much worse chores for me to do. :ernae:

Hey T bone, I will do German Aircraft, sorry dude, Something made me think you were doing it. Good excuse for avoiding household chores!

I think we are finally done! Thanks guys, this was the first step towards getting our add-ons all working again. Rami will let us know if there is anything missing. :salute::ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 0