Where were you Born? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where were you Born?

Tengah Singapore.

British Military Hospital.

http://www.qaranc.co.uk/bmhsingapore.php

Question Born Under A Bad Sign

Kitchener, Ontario My Mom was a single parent back in the day when it was still very much frowned upon. My Grandparents had 10 kids so 1 more mouth to feed wasn't much. My 'Pa' married Mom 7 months after I was born and raised me as his along with my brother and sister who were born later. I have had no contact with my real father who was German visiting Canada from what Mom told me.

Regards, Rob:ernae:
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"He who can lead you to believe an absurdity can lead you to commit an atrocity." - Voltaire

It's a toss up...

The backseat of a Greyhound Bus, rolling down Highway 41...
    or...
    I was born in the summer of my 27th year, coming home to a place I'd never been before...

(Sorry, I've been wanting to say those all day...)

"No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Seattle, WA, just a week before Kennedy was assassinated. My mom was still in the hospital (normal delivery--it was SOP back in the day to keep new mothers in the hospital for a while) when it happened. I guess it was somewhat of a mixed week. :-)

Born in a hospital in Rabaul PNG...still feels like my original home.

Meridian, Mississippi. Mud between the toes ............. or is that from chickens .........?
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

harleyman
    I am very intriqued by all of us adopted folks... Who knew?

Retired SOH Administrator
    In a nest. When I was hatched I noticed another egg beside me. Newport News, Va....Riverside Hospital
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Born in a nursing home near the centre of Edinburgh, Scotland. Just round the corner from the pub.

Stratford, Taranaki (hence "Naki"), New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9Gal View Post
    New-Brunswick, Canada

There you go folks, Canucks produce some fine legs, I was found screaming in a delivery room in Halifax, Nova Scotia, about 6 hours drive south of where C9G was born. 23 years later I won the "Best Legs" contest at the local Press Club (beat out 2 women too who were NOT impressed) so that give me two things in common with C9G, Atlantic Canada born and great legs...lol

I am doing my family history and recently discovered the cable my father received to announce my arrival, he was on HMCS Ottawa at the time somewhere in the Med, gotta love the Navy signal guys, it had 40 or more Congrats scribbled on the back before it got from the radio room to his radar plotting station.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2024
    Providence, North Carolina

Now y'all might be asking where in the world Providence, NC is. Look at your Google Earth and find Danville, Virginia. Danville is the butthole of the world, Providence is 8 miles up it!

Caz

Happiness Consultant
    My Dad claims they found me under a pile of chicken manure out behind the barn!!
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

SOH-CM-2024

Where were you born ?

I was born in Brisbane Australia on the 16/ 07/1949 at the Corinda Private Hospital and I still live here.
    The weather is terrible in summer but beautiful in winter

Charter Member 2015
    Rugby, Warwickshire (The birthplace of rugby football).

My mother was in labour for 3 days with me................................

.................................. seems the doctors forgot to remove her tights! :isadizzy:::d
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Menominee, MI The very bottom of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Toronto, Ontario

My mother was visiting her brother at Camp Ipperwash (former military camp). While swimming in the lake she went into early labour. I was thrust into this world 2 weeks early weighing only 5lbs 6oz. They kept me in an incubator for a month before they figured I was ready to hatch.
    "The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

Memmingen, Germany

My sister and me as fraternal twins... no early delivery, no sir! Full 9 month, full weight both! We were the heaviest twins ever born in this clinic. And we wouldn't come out voluntarily... they kicked our asses chemically out of mom's womb!:isadizzy:
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watlington Norfolk
    Home birth
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Springhill, Louisiana. I don't remember anything unusual happening. :
    XP Pro: Intel D975XBX2 /QX6700 @ 3.50GHz / 8800GTX / 2X2GB G.Skill PC2 8500 / Ultra 120 Extreme / 150GB Raptor / 320GB Seagate 7200.10 / PC P&C Silencer 750 PSU / CM Stacker 810 / LITE-ON 20X DVD / X-FI Music

Vista Ultimate 64: Intel D975XBX2 / Q6700 @ 3.6GHz / 8800GTX / 4X2GB G.Skill PC2 8000 / Ultra 120 Extreme / 150GB Raptor / 750GB WD Caviar / PC P&C Silencer 750 PSU / CM Stacker 810 / LITE-ON SATA DVD / onboard sound

Started out in Tipton , IN & wound up Kokomo ,
    Was comin out tail first & had to go to a bigger hospital.
    Guess the light was hurtin my eyes .

Poor Mom
    OTTO
    Words spoken in anger is like a bullet out of a gun barrell "Once you pull the trigger you can't get it back"

Charter Member 09
    I was born in Salem. Massachusetts, the home of the Clipper Ships. Now mostly known as the "Witch City".
    My family has been in Mass. since 1636. Now my younger brothers are in Florida, Arizona, Alabama and one is buried in California. So I'm the last of the dynasty.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Born in Little Falls, New York on a snowy November morning. I was about 7 weeks premature and spent a few days in an incubator.

Jim

Master of Disaster
    Born in Warsaw NY crying the Marine Corps Hymn!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Very interesting thread.

Atlanta, Georgia, Crawford W. Long Hospital. Contracted pnumonia my 2nd day of life was 3 weeks in hospital before coming home!

Still live only 19.5 miles away from there.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d