Topic for virtual aerobatics
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topic for virtual aerobatics

Topic for virtual aerobatics

I think we need own topic for virtual aerobatics, previous discussion have been in topic of my video.

So could we talk about aerobatics, planes, repaints, airshows & displays, competitions, flyings, tours and other events here? Of course screenshots are also welcome.

thanks for this topic
    my final scheme for this weekends online flights only wheelpants are left on do list
    Attachment 2386

uploaded a short video to youtube (without any sound) taken at sunset at Wickenby Today
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_67XitWNXs&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G_67XitWNXs&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BR
    Tom

Nice video Tom!

Also great shot Antton where is that your flying from and is it an addon scenery?

Some shots of me training at Wickenby also, we should call ourselves the Wickenby Aerobatic Club lol!

Attachment 2405

Attachment 2407

Attachment 2406

Attachment 2408

Everybody ok for Saturday and for the next leg of our journey?

Pete.

Great idea for a topic! Since we're talking about aerobatics, does anyone know where any aerobatic boxes are in FSX? I know there's one just to the west of Fond du Lac, Wisconson, are there more?

What do you mean aerobatic boxes?

I was wondering about the boxes myself when the topic came up locally a while back but forgot. I don't think there is any?

Peter, they the imaginary boxes for which a aerobatic routine is performed(competition). It has lateral and vertical boundaries which the routine must stay inside of. The markers on the ground may vary. I haven't kept up with competition rules of late so I wonder if there are now electronic AB Box boundaries nowadays.
    "Soon to be Expat"

I think they're still using the markers on the ground for the boundaries. I can't recall where I read it but I thought there were more than the one at Fond du Lac. Takeoff from rwy 36 and fly 270 degrees, probably no more than 2 miles you will see some grey markers on the ground marking the boundary.

Darrell

I THINK there is one near Reno... guys had a PC Crash over the weekend, gotta re-install everything... should still be OK for the weekend though.... fingers crossed

There is several boxes in FSX default. And you can add them also by youselves with Whisplacer.

You find locations of boxes in Learning Center -> Aerobatics

Peter: It's FinlandX and you can find it from fsnordic.net

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    guys had a PC Crash over the weekend, gotta re-install everything... should still be OK for the weekend though.... fingers crossed
    what exactly happened ?

BR
    Tom

PC just kept flashing up a blue error box on boot, not allowing me to even log in to sort the problem, re-installed my OS and Formatted my C Drive... 5 year old PC is dragging it's heels now, i need to upgrade soon... (If i can stop spending as much on the mrs)

good news at least... i get to keep peter out of trouble for 10 minutes at least.... you know what i'm gonna ask don't ya Papa?

Is paint kit for Zlin Z50 still available somewhere? And Yago9 paints would be also good to find...

Quote Originally Posted by anatolpopov View Post
    Is paint kit for Zlin Z50 still available somewhere? And Yago9 paints would be also good to find...
    Anton,
    Yago9 Repaints are available in the SOH Add-ons Archive

BR
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    PC just kept flashing up a blue error box on boot, not allowing me to even log in to sort the problem, re-installed my OS and Formatted my C Drive... 5 year old PC is dragging it's heels now, i need to upgrade soon... (If i can stop spending as much on the mrs)

good news at least... i get to keep peter out of trouble for 10 minutes at least.... you know what i'm gonna ask don't ya Papa?
    No idea mate!

you'll find out once i get home and onto my PC buddy...

Oh, I didn't notice Addons Archive. I found everything I needed

have added a small but nice detail to my Sharkmouth Concept 5 D-Day Livery
    no shark without eyes
    Attachment 2450

BR
    Tom

shiny warbird.... well it's definately a modern take on a warbird scheme

any idea how I can tone down the shine ?
    has it to do with alphachannel or the specs

BR
    Tom

Ok Matt no problem! @ work till 5 here

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    any idea how I can tone down the shine ?
    has it to do with alphachannel or the specs

BR
    Tom
    alphachannel Tom, the alpha on the spec map controls the amount of reflected colour, have a look at my pearlescent E540 to see what i mean...

ok
    thanks for the info that Spec maps can have alpha channel too

BR
    Tom

Matt,

even with alpha full white there is shine could it be hardcoded in the model?

have uploaded the D-DAY Scheme to Add-Ons Library

BR
    Tom

night time practice
    Attachment 2459

BR
    Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0