OT: Cancer preventative food ...

Thread: OT: Cancer preventative food ...

Happiness Consultant

OT: Cancer preventative food ...

It's Red Meat of all things.

Grass Fed Beef

Mmm ... who'd thunk it?
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Whenever the mainstream media announces that i) something gives you cancer, or ii) something cures cancer just take it with an exceptionally large pinch of salt. In actual fact this rule can be applied to anything even remotely related to the sciences as the media just do not know how to report the results of studies properly.

To be honest they might as well just run around waving their arms screaming "you're all going to die" one day, and then "try this new miracle cure" the next, and then repeat, endlessly, until the entire planet is gripped with fear and paranoia.

Here's a humorous little blog charting the cancer craze in one particular mass media outlet in the UK:

http://dailymailoncology.tumblr.com/
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Made in France
    Whatever the quality of it is, many people eat too much meat and it's the main cause of heart diseases, for people health the best way is to make better vegies, with good natural taste, many people don't mind that a tomato is a fruit and it comes better when exposed to the sun. How many people in USA know the taste of a good "RATATOUILLE" (It's not a mouse) and the merits of a Moussaka, few examples of the good mediterranean way of feeding...

Cheers
    Free French Designer - Alain95
    North American planes addict

"Remember, everything gives you cancer"
    Joe Jackson - Everything Gives You Cancer
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Dunno if you guys ever received that email stating that eating Savila (or Sabila, depending on the language) in any form (milkshake, juice, or just plain yuuuck) would prevent breast cancer and many other manifestations of that despicable disease...
    ..Well...
    My mom (after been around half the world with my dad and with us, their kids , on their backs) learned about this many moons ago (when she was on her 20´s)and been eating the thing since then..guess what? almost 3 years ago she was diagnosed breast cancer and endured a radical mastectomy (and thank God, no new manifestations)..so it makes you wonder..she has been eating the thing for 40+ yrs and yet still developed cancer...bottom line, there is NO miracle food..it´s just part of the life´s lottery, some got the winner ticket (but you only find out that when you´re in your late 80´s or 90´s) and some don´t.
    Is this world´s way to defend from us, and i frankly believe there is no prevention, but survival and God´s hand in the whole matter.
    Best regards
    Prowler

Happiness Consultant
    George Carlin had a routine ... Saliva causes stomach cancer, however, only when swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

He's probably right!
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted