'When Fashion Becomes Ridiculous'

Thread: 'When Fashion Becomes Ridiculous'

i'll stay with my old standby

jeans and a black t-shirt. the uniform of the redneck american

Ken Stallings
    It's not merely the clothing itself which can become absurd. More important is the lamentable return to anerexia among the models. The stick thin female models subsided for a brief time, but it seems the pressure among the designers keeps it coming back.

Unfortunately, it seems very clear many clothing designers prefer to endanger female models than have their clothing displayed on women who meet normal size ranges.

Ken

Charter Member 2011
    The model has three breasts...what's the problem here??

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    The model has three breasts...what's the problem here??
    We only have two hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stallings View Post
    It's not merely the clothing itself which can become absurd. More important is the lamentable return to anerexia among the models. The stick thin female models subsided for a brief time, but it seems the pressure among the designers keeps it coming back.

Ken
    If I were in charge,
    There'd definitely be no "stick thin" models.....:d

Happiness Consultant
    This ain't right ....

Attachment 2308

Just so many questions ...
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    If I were in charge,
    There'd definitely be no "stick thin" models.....:d
    If you had your way, for the preservation of the audience's vision, they'd have to pass these out at the door...
    Attachment 2309
    :
    Can't we just find a happy medium?

"Fashion" has been rediculous for many many years. The things that those models parade up and down the cat walk wearing are simply stupid and out landish. Real people don't dress like that.

Deb and I went to Walmart last night to do our monthly supply restocking....and I had to buy some cloths....hated doing it for a number of reasons. Mostly because none of the clothing at Walmart is worth the money...cheap Chinese junk all of it. But, I had to buy some new jeans, some new shorts and some new shirts. I have not bought new clothes in a few years and every thing in my dresser was worn out...when you can poke your finger through the fabric of a t-shirt....it needs replaced. Well, so much of the stuff at Walmart is geared toward slack jawed teenagers.....half the jeans I looked at had that trendy "grimy and dirty" look....I will not buy new jeans that look like someone rolled across a dirty garage floor in them. I want my new jeans to look like new jeans....clean, crisp, fresh. One of the lady's working in the clothing department said "That is the fashion now days". And I replied, "Maybe for 19 year old, unshowered dope head losers...but not for 40 year old men." If only there was a Kmart near home....

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Need to include this one on that list. Yes, she actually wears this stuff in public.
    Guy kinda looks like the job just don't pay enough...

But what season? Definitely not Duck or Wabbit....
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I think you could find a primary school kid that could design like that.

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    "Fashion" has been rediculous for many many years. The things that those models parade up and down the cat walk wearing are simply stupid and out landish. Real people don't dress like that.
    They aren't making them up to dress like real people, that's a different aspect to fashion. You'll often see fashion shows featuring the latest up and coming styles, and then you'll see those that are completely bizarre and outlandish. Whilst the former is designed to showcase what people will potentially be buying next season the latter is an exercise in creativity using the model and the notion of clothing as a canvas for artistic expression. Like all art it is subjective, some will hate it, some will love it, and others will be completely impartial. But the more outlandish shows have no intention of showcasing "real" clothes.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Dominique
    Asus P4C800/3.0 Ghz @ 3.16-2 Gb PC3500 DDR-MSI 7800GS-Dell 19" LCD-CH USB pedals, yoke and HOTAS.
    Hab Mut, hatten wir durch.

The "fashion" I find utterly rediculous is when certain females decide to wear their pajamas and slippers out to go shopping. Yep - straight from the bed to the store. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200 (well, there's always welfare), and above all, do not stop to take a shower!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

it's funny you should mention that because my wife and i were discussing that very thing just the other day. we both agree with you

Retired SOH Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The "fashion" I find utterly rediculous is when certain females decide to wear their pajamas and slippers out to go shopping. Yep - straight from the bed to the store. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200 (well, there's always welfare), and above all, do not stop to take a shower!

Pajamas... ?

I see them wearing their lingerie .... shopping, driving.... watching the movies ...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ridiculous? I say absurd. [head shake smilie]
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.