FCS Lancaster Patch ready for download

Thread: FCS Lancaster Patch ready for download

FCS Lancaster Patch ready for download

Haven't had chance to use it yet but here's hoping it addresses our concerns

Some of the texture issues still haven't been addressed e.g. the inside faces of the fins still lack national insignia. The view from the cockpit doesn't always agree with the outside view for instance the R5556/KM-C, No.44 (Rhodesia) has unshrouded exhausts from the outside but shrouded from the cockpit. I think the design team have missed an opportunity. If this was freeware I wouldn't mind, but these guys have persuaded me to part with hard earned cash. I'm not entirely convinced that best efforts have been applied albeit the design team clearly have the know how.

Where can i get the patch?
    On the FirstClassSimulation Website is nothing to see about a patch?
    Thank you
    Michael

Got it!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    Where can i get the patch?
    On the FirstClassSimulation Website is nothing to see about a patch?
    Thank you
    Michael
    On the front page there is a menu on the left hand side. One of the items is "patches". You then have to "purchase" the patch for Euro 0.00 on the "free of charge" button.

I'm pleased with the results:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

How do those of us who puchased or will puchase the Lancaster cd- rom from PC Aviator here States side get the update? Any word on this?

Boz

I'm sorry, but what has this patch taken care of other than removing the "Yellow Dot" from the windscreen ???

My boost and flap indicator gauges still U/S , have I missed something with the install ?

If it wasn't such a good rendering of a Lancaster , I'd be really grumpy if these concerns were not going to be addressed !!

Need an answer :{

Aircanuck

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    I'm sorry, but what has this patch taken care of other than removing the "Yellow Dot" from the windscreen ???

My boost and flap indicator gauges still U/S , have I missed something with the install ?

If it wasn't such a good rendering of a Lancaster , I'd be really grumpy if these concerns were not going to be addressed !!

Need an answer :{

Aircanuck
    To get the boost and flap gauges to "power on" you need to toggle a couple of switches on the dash. The same goes for the landing gear indicator lights. There's a slider switch to turn those on.

Having said that, in addition to the sparkley white portions of the roundels noted above, I reported that the boost gauges in the VC, although working a little better, still do not give the correct readout especially at lower boost pressures (just compare them to the 2D panel gauges). No good at all if you only fly with the VC and like to immerse yourself by using the RAF Pilot's Notes and setting up your engines according to the specified limits during the various stages of flight. Also, the temp gauges on the RH engineers panel are u/s, the nav/internal lighting on the Mk. I and Mk. I (S) is u/s and the Mk. I/I(S) do not allow a full 3000 RPM for takeoff, etc.

I've been told these issues would be addressed... hopefully soon.

Cheers for that , lets hope the rest gets looked after........ sooner than later :]

"rad shutters auto"

Aircanuck

I bought the Lanc via the CD too, now I have to go through the anoyance registering myself (and no doubt letting them sell my e-mail), just to get a version of the poduct that is still only 90% fixed, going by what others have said. I am seriously think of knocking payware on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAF_Gunner View Post
    To get the boost and flap gauges to "power on" you need to toggle a couple of switches on the dash. The same goes for the landing gear indicator lights. There's a slider switch to turn those on.

Having said that, in addition to the sparkley white portions of the roundels noted above, I reported that the boost gauges in the VC, although working a little better, still do not give the correct readout especially at lower boost pressures (just compare them to the 2D panel gauges). No good at all if you only fly with the VC and like to immerse yourself by using the RAF Pilot's Notes and setting up your engines according to the specified limits during the various stages of flight. Also, the temp gauges on the RH engineers panel are u/s, the nav/internal lighting on the Mk. I and Mk. I (S) is u/s and the Mk. I/I(S) do not allow a full 3000 RPM for takeoff, etc.

I've been told these issues would be addressed... hopefully soon.
    Hi RCAF Gunner
    Change the aircraft config file to read like this and it will give you the proper take off rpm. Ref - The Design and Development of the Avro Lancaster (Royal Aeronautical Society) ISBN 0 903409 83 6, i've no idea if this jem of a publication is still in print. Happy flying
    [piston_engine]
    cylinder_displacement=137.4
    compression_ratio=6.0
    number_of_cylinders=12
    max_rated_rpm=3000
    max_rated_hp=1280

Dose any one realise that the latter marks/years of the Lanc had 1650 HP Merlin's that were boosed up to 18 lbs..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi CavOK,

Fortunately there is a simple solution for the exhausts. Copy the model.BIII folder completely into the BI root folder.
    Change the relevant part of the aircraft.cfg folder into:

[fltsim.0]
    title=FCS Lancaster 00
    sim=FCS_Lancaster_BI
    model=BIII
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=R5556
    ui_manufacturer=Avro
    ui_type="Lancaster B.I"
    ui_variation="R5556/KM-C, No.44 (Rhodesia) Sqn RAF, RAF Coningsby, c.1942."
    ui_typerole="Heavy bomber"
    ui_createdby="First Class Simulations"
    description="The legendary Avro Lancaster entered service during 1942, and has ever since been known as one of the finest and most successful aeroplanes of World War II. Wartime commander of RAF Bomber Command, Air Chief Marshal Sir Arthur Harris, once said "I believe the Lancaster was the greatest single factor in winning the war". Valiantly flown by its multi-national crews, the Lancaster was able to strike its targets hard and accurately. The Lancaster excelled at its role as a night-bomber and was also used in daring special raids, carrying such loads as the 22,000 lb 'Grand Slam' weapon and the famous 'Upkeep' store. There are currently only two Lancasters remaining in airworthy condition in the world."
    atc_heavy=1
    atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
    visual_damage=1
    kb_checklists=Lancaster_check
    kb_reference=Lancaster_ref

Now you will have shrouded exhausts, however NOT a early 1942 B. MKI lancaster...... FCS made an average late BI/BIII model that is lacking many early features. Like: fuselage windows, needle bladed propellors, early forward long mast pitot, different antennae, belly turret and more. Some complete variants are missing. Where is the radial engine B. MKII and MK X with bulged bomb bay doors and Martin upper turret?

The recent update resolved some minor issues. The big ones were left alone. Hopefully there will be a real update in the future.

I will upload a few repaints shortly (yes with fin flashes on the inside) trying to correct a few issues,
    Attachment 2389Attachment 2390

Good luck,

Paul

Got it thanks for the HU! I just wish they had of realeased it with 1024 x 1024 size textures because those 2048 x 2048 ones just kill the frames on my crappy system!

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Hi RCAF Gunner
    Change the aircraft config file to read like this and it will give you the proper take off rpm. Ref - The Design and Development of the Avro Lancaster (Royal Aeronautical Society) ISBN 0 903409 83 6, i've no idea if this jem of a publication is still in print. Happy flying
    [piston_engine]
    cylinder_displacement=137.4
    compression_ratio=6.0
    number_of_cylinders=12
    max_rated_rpm=3000
    max_rated_hp=1280
    Thanks for that. I knew if FCS doesn't sort out the flight models there was hope it could be done within community. From what I can tell all the marks have been modelled on the Merlin XX which isn't right either but I could live with that for now. The issue with the gauges and lights in the VC though have to be addressed by the modeller as far as I know so we're stuck there until Dan can have another look at it.

I can't get the vc or nav lights to work in the new B1 model. Is it me or is there a problem? I've checked the aircraft.cfg file and all seems well there?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by RCAF_Gunner View Post
    The issue with the gauges and lights in the VC though have to be addressed by the modeller as far as I know so we're stuck there until Dan can have another look at it.
    Unfortunately I can't do anything to the models without prior permission from the publisher, sorry. It is frustrating for everyone, but hands are tied.

I do believe all points are being registered though, but please remember to submit issues via the proper channels.

Best
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I can't get the vc or nav lights to work in the new B1 model. Is it me or is there a problem? I've checked the aircraft.cfg file and all seems well there?
    Roger,

It's not you. The B.I and B.I(S) nav and cockpit lights are not working and are one of the issues I've reported.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by d0mokun View Post
    Unfortunately I can't do anything to the models without prior permission from the publisher, sorry. It is frustrating for everyone, but hands are tied.

I do believe all points are being registered though, but please remember to submit issues via the proper channels.

Best
    Dan.
    Dan, I totally understand. There were quite a number of items addressed in the first patch but a few things slipped through. The plane looks fabulous and will be a joy to fly once the gauges in the VC are all working as they should and lights on the Mk.Is are fixed.

I received a reply from Jane Whittaker today saying that patch 1.02 is being worked on to address the issues I reported over the weekend. (So, with some luck you'll be back to work on the Lanc soon.) I thought FCS might wait on releasing the patch while the latest items were addressed. However, Jane said the version 1.00 patch would still be required; the 1.02 patch will build on the 1.00 patch ~ which is good to know for people who might be holding off on downloading it.

Cheers,
    Rick

Repaints

Quote Originally Posted by ftl818 View Post
    Hi CavOK,

Fortunately there is a simple solution for the exhausts. Copy the model.BIII folder completely into the BI root folder.
    Change the relevant part of the aircraft.cfg folder into:

[fltsim.0]
    title=FCS Lancaster 00
    sim=FCS_Lancaster_BI
    model=BIII
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=R5556
    ui_manufacturer=Avro
    ui_type="Lancaster B.I"
    ui_variation="R5556/KM-C, No.44 (Rhodesia) Sqn RAF, RAF Coningsby, c.1942."
    ui_typerole="Heavy bomber"
    ui_createdby="First Class Simulations"
    description="The legendary Avro Lancaster entered service during 1942, and has ever since been known as one of the finest and most successful aeroplanes of World War II. Wartime commander of RAF Bomber Command, Air Chief Marshal Sir Arthur Harris, once said "I believe the Lancaster was the greatest single factor in winning the war". Valiantly flown by its multi-national crews, the Lancaster was able to strike its targets hard and accurately. The Lancaster excelled at its role as a night-bomber and was also used in daring special raids, carrying such loads as the 22,000 lb 'Grand Slam' weapon and the famous 'Upkeep' store. There are currently only two Lancasters remaining in airworthy condition in the world."
    atc_heavy=1
    atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
    visual_damage=1
    kb_checklists=Lancaster_check
    kb_reference=Lancaster_ref

Now you will have shrouded exhausts, however NOT a early 1942 B. MKI lancaster...... FCS made an average late BI/BIII model that is lacking many early features. Like: fuselage windows, needle bladed propellors, early forward long mast pitot, different antennae, belly turret and more. Some complete variants are missing. Where is the radial engine B. MKII and MK X with bulged bomb bay doors and Martin upper turret?

The recent update resolved some minor issues. The big ones were left alone. Hopefully there will be a real update in the future.

I will upload a few repaints shortly (yes with fin flashes on the inside) trying to correct a few issues,
    Attachment 2389Attachment 2390

Good luck,

Paul
    Hi Paul
    Thanks for the repaints and your work around for the VC views. Just one constructive criticism, the national markings are far too bright. I'm not a painter myself (and I have'nt a clue how its done) but if possible could you alter them. I still believe the model is a winner even when half finnished but its worth the wait.
    Thanks again.

Repaints

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Hi Paul
    Thanks for the repaints and your work around for the VC views. Just one constructive criticism, the national markings are far too bright. I'm not a painter myself (and I have'nt a clue how its done) but if possible could you alter them. I still believe the model is a winner even when half finnished but its worth the wait.
    Thanks again.
    Hi CavOK,

I have taken the roundel and markings colours directly from dOmokum's paintkit. I'll will upload another repaint
    next week with a darker red colour. See if that's any better, I think it looks almost photoreal.

I also changed the internal cockpit lighting which also works fine after the update. A nice subdued red glow NOT shining outside the cockpit.

Regards,

Paul

I read yesterday that a second patch is on its way, do we know what problems are going to addressed.

Cheers for now.

Aircanuck

If there is another patch, can the guns be removed from the 1950's versions, they are totally wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 9