Silent Hunter 5 is out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hunter 5 is out!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Silent Hunter 5 is out!

Hey all,

Did anyone know that SH5 is released?

I saw it at Walmart last week. I didnt get it. (Cant be distracted presently). I do intend to get it though. Looks pretty dang good from what I have seen.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Master of Disaster
    I didn't see that! I love the PTO version, great game!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

All I can say is....... Buyer Beware! And it's not just some flippant remark.

I've seen how invasive UBI can be to someone's computer and won't let it happen..... to mine again too.
    I won't buy it... I'll not have them snooping my computer with their new way to protect their copywrite. Nor will I sign up for an account just to play it. UBI has gone too far IMHO, and will suffer for it. Burnt once, shame on me. Burnt twice, shame on them.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

^^^^^Very Well Said^^^^^ You need to be constantly online to play,Already the UBI servers were overwelmed and crashed 2 weekend in row since the game came out! You need only read Subsim forums to see you should stay far away from this until UBI gives up on[D]igital [R]ights [M]anagment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Yep, I agree with ya Boom. The 99.9% of the guys at Subsim know what they're talking about. Tho I haven't been over there at the forums since I had a run in with one of the members from Germany. You probably know who I mean. Someday I'll have to stop in again if he's gone... I do miss the rest of the guys.

Sure SH5 looks awesome but Remember, I said "Buyer Beware". You buy this and play it at the risk to the safety of your computer and hardware. I'm serious, this is no joke. I must also say, there are those it might not affect, but that is the chance you take with it..... do so at your own risk because UBI will not admit to any wrong doing or the consequenses playing it could do to your computer.
    Gary -

Happiness Consultant
    My sub hunting days have stopped on 4 ... I got the maru patch and enjoy the thing greatly as a U.S. commander.

Never bought 3, and I doubt I'll get 5 ... just no interest in being an Atlantic sub commander.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Charter Member 2011
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Take a look at this.....

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...7/m/9111035638

It seems they are actually charging you to play online. Ain't that nice.... buy the game and still have to "Pay to Play". Good ol stick it to ya UBI.

Plus.... read "Problem 2". Shake Head smilie needed here.
    Gary -

Blog Entries
    I agree. I really would like to play SH5 but not the way UBISoft has it set up! The word "thieves" keep rolling around in my mind for some reason.
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...7/m/9111035638

It seems they are actually charging you to play online. Ain't that nice.... buy the game and still have to "Pay to Play". Good ol stick it to ya UBI.

Plus.... read "Problem 2". Shake Head smilie needed here.
    They are doing nothing of the sort. UPlay is a system that rewards you as you progress through a game (like trophies on Live/Steam/360/PS3 and it also unlocks new downloadable content as you earn trophies through the game.

It is not a "pay to play" service.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Blog Entries
    Tell ya what Chris and all, I will contact UBISoft and explain why so many are reticent to buy SH5 and see what the response is.
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    and see what the response is.
    Ted
    "we dont care"

Ubisoft must be well aware of what people think, everywhere you look you see people saying their not going to touch anything with the new ubi drm. Funny thing is ... the DRM was cracked withen 24hrs of SH5 being released ...
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

It's really a shame,This will be the end The Silient Hunter series,God help me if this DRM thing comes to flight simulation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Hi,

the DRM was cracked withen 24hrs of SH5 being released
    So .. it's no more problems .. all happy and lost of money for UBI

Chris, you did notice I said It seems they are. Read in the link and that is the impression given.

Isn't it great even that UBI didn't include a game manual in SH5? Is there even a PDF manual on the disc?
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Tell ya what Chris and all, I will contact UBISoft and explain why so many are reticent to buy SH5 and see what the response is.
    Ted
    Please do Ted amd by all means let us know the reply "IF" you get one. I loved SH3 & 4, but I won't be touching 5 or anything else with the new DRM published by UBI Soft.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Blog Entries
    I have sent an extensive email detailing the problems I have with the way they have set this up and mentioned some other sub simulation fan sites that take issue with it. I've been slobbering over the keyboard waiting for SH5 also
    Ted

UBI will either ignor you, or give you their BS sob story Ted. I'm betting on the second..... they love dishing out BS. As they did with SHIII.

I say give them a month or so and they'll change their attitude. Sales will drop or stop. That with forum responces to the DRMs will get them a little nervous. But the mention of lawsuits will do them in. They'll patch SH5 like they did with SH4 so there's no need to use the dvd, and no internet connection is required. Plus all game saves will then be on your own computer.

It will happen seeing they've done it to their other games and p*ssed off more prople around the world than just the Silent Hunter crowd. The collective proverbial crap will hit the fan harder than ever before, and UBI will fold to it.
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Burnt once, shame on me. Burnt twice, shame on them.
    ummm... isn't that supposed to be the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    ummm... isn't that supposed to be the other way around?
    No, in this case knowing what I know about UBI's tactics, it's what I meant. Even as dumb as it sounds. I know how they work to screw gamers.

Shame on me I fell into their trap the first time..... shame one them they continue to do what they do.
    Gary -

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! UBI,When will you learn????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by claudius24 View Post
    Hi,

Ooops !
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!

How awesome is that?!? :d

There are several simulation type games out there right now I wouldn't mind buying if it weren't for the silliness. Silent Hunter V is one of those.

I was really glad to see one of the industry pioneers and heavy weights, Gabe Newell come out recently against the current trend in DRM.

Some of his comments are so simply put and straight to the point............

"One thing that you hear [Valve] talk a lot about is entertainment as a service" said Newell. "It's an attitude that says 'what have I done for my customers today?'"

"It informs all the decisions we make, and once you get into that mindset it helps you avoid things like some of the Digiital Rights Media problems that actually make your entertainment products worth less by wrapping those negatives around them."

http://www.dvhardware.net/article41635.html

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171588

FAC

Blog Entries
    Well so far I have been fed a steady diet of silence...but they have been rather busy fixing a hack LOL
    Ted