ETO 1.30: ETO_ju88_Fin (Finnish Ju-88)

Thread: ETO 1.30: ETO_ju88_Fin (Finnish Ju-88)

ETO 1.30: ETO_ju88_Fin (Finnish Ju-88)

Hello,

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but after a very successful and easy (thanks Groundhogs! :ernae: I love it!) installation of the 1.30 upgrade, I noticed that I could not select the Finnish Ju-88 in the Quick Combat menu without getting a CTD. I ended up making some adjustments to the plane's xdp file and thought that what I did might be helpful to others.

I dug around and looked at the sound file - no issues there, then looked at the xdp for weapons, pylons, etc. The pylons all checked out, but for my install, there were some issues with the weapons. Here are the lines from the xdp that looked like the problems:

<Loadouts InternalPylons="1">
    <Loadout Name="(4)250kg+(10)50kg Bombs" MissionType="Strike">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_0" PayloadType="G_SC50" Quantity="1023"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_1" PayloadType="G_SC250_d" Quantity="3"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_2" PayloadType="G_SC250_d" Quantity="3"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(6)250kg Bombs" MissionType="Search_Destroy">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_0" PayloadType="G_SC250" Quantity="3"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_1" PayloadType="G_SC250_d" Quantity="3"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_2" PayloadType="G_SC250_d" Quantity="3"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(16)70kg Bombs" MissionType="CAS">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_0" PayloadType="G_SC70" Quantity="65535"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(2)LT Fb5 Torpedo" MissionType="Anti_Ship">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_1" PayloadType="G_Torpedo_d" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_2" PayloadType="G_Torpedo_d" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="Clean"

For my install, I was not able to find the weapons items shown in red above. They did not exist in the weapons folder.

I made the following adjustments in the xdp, and now I am able to fly the plane with no issues - she's a beaut!

Replaced G_SC250_d with G_SC250_gc
    Replaced G_Torpedo_d with AvHistory_gr_torpedo_ltf5

I don't know if these are the best replacement files, or if the files in red above should be there, but are missing for some reason.

Anyway, just passing this on in case others are having problems with this as well.

Michael

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by mthrift View Post
    Hello,

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but after a very successful and easy (thanks Groundhogs! :ernae: I love it!) installation of the 1.30 upgrade, I noticed that I could not select the Finnish Ju-88 in the Quick Combat menu without getting a CTD. I ended up making some adjustments to the plane's xdp file and thought that what I did might be helpful to others.

I dug around and looked at the sound file - no issues there, then looked at the xdp for weapons, pylons, etc. The pylons all checked out, but for my install, there were some issues with the weapons. Here are the lines from the xdp that looked like the problems:

<Loadouts InternalPylons="1">
    <Loadout Name="(4)250kg+(10)50kg Bombs" MissionType="Strike">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_0" PayloadType="G_SC50" Quantity="1023"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(6)250kg Bombs" MissionType="Search_Destroy">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_0" PayloadType="G_SC250" Quantity="3"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(16)70kg Bombs" MissionType="CAS">
    <Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_0" PayloadType="G_SC70" Quantity="65535"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="(2)LT Fb5 Torpedo" MissionType="Anti_Ship">
    <Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_1" PayloadType="G_Torpedo_d" Quantity="1"/>
    <Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_JU88A4_2" PayloadType="G_Torpedo_d" Quantity="1"/>
    </Loadout>
    <Loadout Name="Clean"

For my install, I was not able to find the weapons items shown in red above. They did not exist in the weapons folder.

I made the following adjustments in the xdp, and now I am able to fly the plane with no issues - she's a beaut!

Replaced G_SC250_d with G_SC250_gc
    Replaced G_Torpedo_d with AvHistory_gr_torpedo_ltf5

I don't know if these are the best replacement files, or if the files in red above should be there, but are missing for some reason.

Anyway, just passing this on in case others are having problems with this as well.

Michael
    Mthrift, we know all about it. The Norwegian Spifire under Britain has similar loadout errors.

I had posted here on this Forum before about that problem.

We will be issuing a Hotfix in with a small update of item that didn't make into the 1.30 install in time for release.

Those two aircraft will be replaced.

We again apologize for any inconvenience anyone has had from this error.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Sorry for the alert, then. Certainly no trouble or inconvenience on my end! I was kind of proud that I figured it out.

I'm here at SOH pretty regularly and didn't see anything and I didn't think about looking on the OzX forum. Lesson learned!

Thanks Grizz for the quick reply.

Michael

Members who have read this thread: 0