VOICES IN QUICK COMBAT

Thread: VOICES IN QUICK COMBAT

VOICES IN QUICK COMBAT

Does anyone know of a way to connect the natioality voices to the aircraft in Quick Combat? That way if I am flying a Spitfire (and not a Eagle Sqd plane) I will have someone speaking in the English English and same for a German plane. I have the voices loaded for the missions but would like to know if it can be done for the individual planes.

Fibber, here ya go. Just download and install the British accent sound files into your CFS2/sound/radio. Works for me when I'm flying my Spitfire IIa..cheers

http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew...S2%20Stuff.php

NATIONALITY SOUNDS

Dudley;
    Thanks, but I have them along with the German sounds but for some reason they are not playing when I fly the Spits or other aircraft. That is why I was wondering if I am missing something.

Once you've installed a UIRES nationality package with all the screens and attendant voice packs and update your country.cfg file accordingly, you have to modify the allegiance values in the MISC DATA sections in the dp's of all your nationality aircraft to reflect their specific nationalities. For example, all British aircraft should have an allegiance designation of 1:

[MISC_DATA]
    unit_family=1
    category=1
    allegiance=1
    max_group_size=12
    min_speed=240
    cruise_speed=525
    max_speed=787
    min_alt=50
    cruise_alt=7519
    max_alt=20000
    entered_service=9/1/40
    crew=1

This designation is what the sim uses to select the voice files, among other things, to use in combat sessions, because it corresponds with the data structure of your country.cfg file. If the dp allegiance and country.cfg agree, but the addon UIRES screens and voice packs are not present in your sim for your non-U.S. allied nationality, then the sim will default to the primary allied nationality -- U.S. -- upon which the sim was built.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks Bearcat241

Again, I've learned another valuable piece of information from the masters................

BEAR

Bear;
    Thanks, I knew that there was someting missing and you (as usual) pointed me in the direction. Dudley, thanks for the help anyway. Now we both know something we didn't before!

Unhappy NO VOICES (EXCEPT IN MY HEAD)

Damn, changed all the spits and Brit planes to allegiance=1 and country.cfg looks like this ;
    [country.1]
    name=Great Britain
    short_name=BRI
    nationality=English
    heading=oclock

Still no voices. I am using the ground crew British/German files and nothing. What am I missing? I think it has something to do with the short name or the name not agreeing is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    Damn, changed all the spits and Brit planes to allegiance=1 and country.cfg looks like this ;
    [country.1]
    name=Great Britain
    short_name=BRI
    nationality=English
    heading=oclock

Still no voices. I am using the ground crew British/German files and nothing. What am I missing? I think it has something to do with the short name or the name not agreeing is that possible?
    Go to the radio folder inside of SOUND: Combat Flight Simulator 2/ SOUND/ radio
    Make sure there are files inside that read bri01.gvi, bri01.gvr, bri01.gvt, bri02.gvi, bri02.gvt . . . on up to bri07.gvt
    Same for the German: ger01.gvi, ger01.gvr, ger01.gvt, ger02.gvi, ger02.gvt . . . on up to ger07.gvt
    It should work.

Yup...Erufle is right. The action folder contains the actual comm sounds, but the radio folder's gvr files are the real controllers. The USA01.gvr calls all of the player's voice comms, USA02.gvr calls the base control comms and USA03.gvr calls all of the AI wingmen response and chatter comms.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

EURFULE; THANKS FOR THE POINTER

Checked the RADIO folder in sounds and guess what no B or G.gvt files at all. In the groundcrew download they just give the sounds and no reference to the RADIO folder. I guess that their sounds maybe controlled through their missions? No finger pointing but a note to take. Found a old sound file over at the old Simviation that had the controllers. Will set up later and advise. Have to handle some immediate storm damage right now.

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Question Weekend Project, Anyone ?

These are the files that (I believe) are required to make Brit and German radio calls possible... I'm not near my main comp to test their effectiveness, tho - any takers ?

SC

==============================
    http://simviation.com/cfs2misc13.htm

fvb_brit_radio_calls.zip
    fvb_german_radio_calls.zip

http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew...S2%20Stuff.php

BritRadioCom.zip
    GerRadioCom.zip
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

SC;

:salute:
    Hi;
    Just took a break and checked if the files would load. You are correct! It seems that you need the files from BOTH sources to have them run. Those are the exact files I found and installed and it now sounds good! PIP, PIP and CHERRIO!!!

SOH-CM-2013

Good Work, Sir !!

Thank you, Senor Fibber - Now we ALL benefit !!! :salute:

BRAVO ! :ernae:
    SC

UPDATE: Got home, installed the radio info in the appropriate locations.... And Everything Works PERFECTLY !

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    Checked the RADIO folder in sounds and guess what no B or G.gvt files at all. In the groundcrew download they just give the sounds and no reference to the RADIO folder. I guess that their sounds maybe controlled through their missions? No finger pointing but a note to take. Found a old sound file over at the old Simviation that had the controllers. Will set up later and advise. Have to handle some immediate storm damage right now.
    I do not think you HAVE to have the gvt files. Without them you should get sound but no text in the simulator.

The only actual packs so far that should be in the radio folder are Japan, the USA, Germany, Great Britain, France, and Italy.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

SOH-CM-2013

Individuality

I can't speak for anyone else but my own CFS2 installs... but unless I have both sets of sound files in their correct locations, I have neither written words on the screen, or spoken words on the speakers.

SC

SOUND FILES

I don't know about not needing them all. Before I had just the regular game files without the proper English and German fvb_GVT controllers and they won't work. Just AUSAF voices. When I added in the fvb_ files the new voices activated. I had checked beforehand and I had no Ger or bri files in the Radio folder. So something was amiss there.

Look for Australian voices in a couple of weeks or so. Who wants to be next?

Canadian,eh. You need a fella with a real ability to describe trying situations, like Dirtman. "bleepity, bleep, bleep. Over, ya bleep" :salute:

Members who have read this thread: 1