A2A B-17 Video - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A2A B-17 Video

Give me a combat flight simulator with aircraft modeled like this one...

Master of Disaster
    SOLD SOLD SOLD, RELEASE IT RELEASE IT RELEASE IT!! I wish FSX aircraft were modeled as perfectly as my life is!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post

Wouldn't that be SWEET!! Imagine a sky full of accu-sim B-17s with actual firing gun positions! Imagaine a sky full of accu-sim P-51Ds and P-47s with dare I dream; Accu-sim Fw190s and 109s!!! The GLORY!!!

Beautiful stuff there...

Love the Accusim stuff!

Andrew
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Amazing features, and brilliant video production! Very inspirational to a dev like me!

My favorite aspect about this Accu-Sim treatment, may just have to be the shaky engine cowls and instrument panel - talk about attention to details! The updated textures look extremely nice as well, as do the new schemes. With the aircraft on the ground, and parked, it just looks so much more proper now with the ladders and items about the aircraft, and the animations and communication provided by the crew is mind-blowing! I'm confident that it isn't something I need, nor will have the time to invest in, but I am extremely impressed!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

gajit
    Excellent - I will buy it just for all the ladders - great work :salute:

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

I bought the WOP 2 B-17 the other day and thought that looked good. Now with accusim making the B-17 more realistic, this makes it even better.

Wonderfull ! I guess I just HAVE to buy this. How s**n is s**n???

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Wonderfull ! I guess I just HAVE to buy this. How s**n is s**n???

R.
    I bet this weekend! Knowing A2A from past experiences, they never release info or videos until a few days before the release! This weekend is going to be a bombing time!!........maybe?

Meh I think I'll pass. Not my type of flying - up in the sky in a big lug lol

Still the accusim part looks fun
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I am going to have to take up flight simming full time to enjoy all these Gold nuggets. NIce job!!!!!

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post
    +1... if you're going to take the time to learn all that stuff, your trigger finger is going to be twitching by the end of it.
    :tgun2:

I've already got the base model and love it. I just don't have the patience for this even though it is an incredible addon, but would love some of the effects such as the vibrating cowls and panel for the existing model.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    +1... if you're going to take the time to learn all that stuff, your trigger finger is going to be twitching by the end of it.
    :tgun2:
    I could deal with that. I fly Ka-50 in DCS

Just stunning! I allways had a sweet spot for the B-17, it is just so full of grace, seen as a machine I mean. When it arrived at Hahnweide last year it was an amazing moment, to actually see one of those machines!

Great Video Cody, really shows what it is about!

One thing that disturbs me visually is the windshield windows, they just seem to be a tad to large, the center brace to thin. Could be just me, anyway....

Maybe I have to give in about my not-spending-much-money-on-FS-stuff-rule for this one...
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

I'm lov'in the detail shown!! Very nice work on the vid Cody!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Great video, but...! (You knew that was comming... ) :d

What about the hydraulic accumulator pressure builder-upper pump that goes off every couple of minutes? It's very noticeable from the flight deck, even over the engines, but you really notice it during taxi. It goes “waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!” every few minutes. Very cool. Sounds like one of those cheap air compressors you can buy at the Home Depot, but higher pitch... When I flew In Liberty Belle last year I even asked the flight engineer what the frak that loud noise was. And in a book I just read about RAF Ferry Command, the author noted the same, upon the occasion of his first B-17 flight. Its evidently a uniquely "B-17 thing", and so would be a cool touch for an Accu-Xtreme Fortress...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

HOT DANG!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Hey guys,

the video just scratches the surface of what this is all about, obviously in a video its all about the new visual stuff, but the under the hood improvements are brilliant. The radio alone makes long hauls so much fun.

PRB, yep.

Combat fs?, well its an interesting thought :

so, this weekend....??
    and I'll be away for most of it...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

JamesChams

Icon5

A2A Staff & Mr. Cody B.,
    It's about time... Nicely done! :salute:

Thanks for the Info. and will look forward to seeing her on my machine as well.

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams

Hey guys,

Just want to make it clear that the B-17 can be flown by me.

As accu-sim evolves we try to learn from each release and so with the B-17 the crew has been made all important and can handle more than any previous release.

So if you want the realism without having to constently tweak systems all the time, you can hand off stuff to the co-polit and a little known fact is that the B-17 is flown with the turbo dial. So all you will be adjusting innormal flight with the co-pilot handling, intercooler and rpm is one dial. It takes a little while to get used too having the throttle at 100% throughout most the flight but you soon get use to the relaxed flying, witht he co-pilot doing all the work .

Though jumping in when wastegates etc get stuck is a good idea, stop engine, feather, cut fuel and get down for the ground crew to give you the proper report on the damage upon landing.

Members who have read this thread: 0