Solomons Carrier Traffic: Testers Needed - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Solomons Carrier Traffic: Testers Needed

I've just uploaded what I hope is the last beta version of the traffic files: http://cid-24a84147c2763f11.office.l...ffic%201.7.zip. Give them a try and let me know, good or bad, how it goes. If they seem to be working, I'll upload them to the usual sites.

The main change since 1.5 is a bundle of repaints for most of the ships. Schedules and routes are unchanged, but there should be some fresh faces.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

This from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    Don't know if it was just me, but the file name had a "_" after the ".zip", making it unreadable. If I renamed to ".zip" it was okay.
    David Wilson-Okamura

1.7 appears to be working correctly. I have landed on the carriers going around Vella LaVella and done a flyby of a carrier and gunship just east of Henderson in the slot.

Great Job

Thanks,
    Dave

Thanks for the report, Dave.
    David Wilson-Okamura

I've taken the betas down from Skydrive and Box.net.

Now from the AVSIM file library, also uploaded to Flightsim.com:

<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left">Flight Simulator X - Miscellaneous Files </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" width="*"> New! Solomon Islands 1943 AI Boat Traffic </td> <td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> <td width="*"> File Description:
    This project was inspired by Mark Schimmer's World War II-era Solomon Islands scenery, with routes are based on his outline. There are two US carrier groups, light carriers, destroyers, supply boats, PT boats, and IJN destroyer patrols. All ship models and textures are included, with permission from their respective authors.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" width="50%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="25%">Filename:</td> <td width="75%">solomon_islands_1943_naval_traffic_18.zip</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">License:</td> <td width="75%">Freeware</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Added:</td> <td width="75%">26th October 2010</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Downloads:</td> <td width="75%">36</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Author:</td> <td width="75%">David Wilson-Okamura, Mike Barnes, Phil Crowther, Mark Fitch, Bruce Fitzgerald, Alberto Garcia, Ron Jeffers, and Ian Thatcher</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="25%">Size:</td> <td width="75%">29939kb</td></tr></tbody></table>
    David Wilson-Okamura

Long live the memory of (Thatch!!) Ian would be proud.. He was my first inspiration for getting into Flight sim back in 1994 while learning FSDS:salute:

Yes, Ian did this for us just a few months before he died. When we corresponded, I had no idea he was ill.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Members who have read this thread: 1