Mustangs are go! - Page 17
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mustangs are go!

Excellent screenshots, Thunderbolt! I'm going to have to try and hunt down some of those scenery addons that I don't have.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar

John its the Donationware Corsair Pack with Scenery, RAS Spitfire with Scenery and Just Flight Shoreham with surroundings :wave:

I search for Picīs of an P-51B-1-NA, Nr. 43-12252 befor there was the Old Crow.
    With the Signs of the 54th Fighter Group and 56th Fighter Squadron Nov.1944, 1650 Flighthoures, the P-51 crash in the Lousia-Lake the Pilot was Lt. Dean R. Gilmore.
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

My first try it looks brushed :d

Looking good Thunderbolt, can't wait to see it with alpha channels applied! This is actually a Mustang that I have been planning to do. If you'd like, here are some resources I pulled together over the last year:

As you pointed out, bits and pieces - mainly the placards - were used in the restoration of Jack Roush's P-51B "Old Crow". The aircraft was a state-side trainer, based at Bartow AAF, Florida. While on a low-level trianing mission, Lt. Dean Gilmore, who was already a decorated pilot with combat experience, having flown Allison powered Mustangs, struck the water of Lake Louise, Florida, and Dean did not survive - the aircraft remaining there until 2001 when it was first seen again, due to low water levels, and recovered.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

You'll notice from the pictures that because it is a P-51B-1, there is no fuselage fuel cap (the profile is incorrect) as there was no fuselage tank in the B-1 variant, and it sports a flattened-tube style antenna like some of the examples included in the Warbirdsim release, but has an earlier wire setup. The photos are really nice because they provide very good detail on the size and location of the L5 on the nose, and even some detail of the data block on the side of the fuselage, near to the cockpit.

Thanks John have you an Pic from the right fuselage ?

The apha channel scareīs me I have no luck with it :help: :d

Sorry, I do not have any pics of the right side, but the right side will look exactly like the left side, apart from the factory stencils. The right side of the nose will have the L5 in the same location, just flipped around, as will be the tail serial number and squadron insignia.

Yes it looks like the left fuselage Some adjustments with the Tailnumber then I try the alpha channel

Charter Member 2014
    Very good start!

I found this site that Might help:

http://www.swissmustangs.ch/72468.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She flies with the grace of an angel, but takes
    punishment like a boxer and keeps on flying
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Myspace Profile

Update

Hi Folks!

News on the site about the forthcomming release!
    Moving over to the FSX Forum too!

Hope you like what you see!

Albert
    www.warbirdsim.com

P-51 Flight Leader

I bought the Flight Leader Package and in my opinion it was well worth the money. The realistic tail wheel steering system is particualrly pleasing, notwithstanding some other payware mustangs with a tail wheel that just locks or unlocks, (very unrealistic)that I won't mention here. The sound is the most realistc mustang sound that I have heard, having had three mustang rides two of which I have on video. The flight characteristics and performance are also amazingly accurate. I extend my congratulations and a "Hardy Well Done" to Wardbirdsim.

Funny you should mention the sterring. When I first bought the Flight Leader pack the sterring was great but when I added the update, the steering has become rather hard. What might have caused this? The update?

Tail-wheel steering

When I downloaded the "Cripes A mighty" texture it caused the Flight-sim P-51 to crash through the ramp. I am looking on the forum trying to overcome this problem. I deleted the Cripes a Mighty texture and reloaded Flighsim P-51 and now it is just fine. All I have to do now is find out how to get the Cripes A Mighty texture to work.

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Miketull, I posted a reply in the Cripes thread. I hope it helps you...

lilduckfoot2
    Question for anyone who ordered the Flight Leader Box set - hard copy not download.

Did you receive and "Order Number"?

I placed my order and received a confrimation from both Warbird and PayPal. I have a PayPal receipt number but no Warbird order number. I replied on the Warbird confirmation e-mail immediately and the repsonse from Warbird was not to worry, my order was in route.

Well, I got my order and everything works fine, but one of the biggest reasons I bought the model was to get the paintkit. Guess what. I have no order number and the people (person?) at Warbird have as yet to reply to my question...How do I get a paintkit without an order number?

Any clues guys?

LDF

Hello LDF2
    I purchased the Flight Leader boxed set. I have a paypal receipt ID # only, but no Warbird Sim Order number. I wonder if that is what they are referring to. I know mine is a 16 digit number.

Derek

lilduckfoot2
    Hi Derek,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like my situation too. I sent another e-mail to them last night with my PayPal receipt # but still no reply. I had hoped that by the time I ordered that all the kinks would have been worked out in their administrative process but I guess not.

Still waiting...

Steve

I solved my repaint adding problems :ernae:

lilduckfoot2
    Hey T-Bolt,

Glad you got the addon problem solved.

I'll have several more repaints for ya when the SOH gets healthy again. As it is, I can't upload anything, screen shots or files. I think maybe the flood gates will open up when they get the bailing wire and chewing gum in place!

Cheers,
    LDF

Quote Originally Posted by lilduckfoot2 View Post
    Hey T-Bolt,

Glad you got the addon problem solved.

I'll have several more repaints for ya when the SOH gets healthy again. As it is, I can't upload anything, screen shots or files. I think maybe the flood gates will open up when they get the bailing wire and chewing gum in place!

Cheers,
    LDF
    Good news canīt wait for the paints and hope for SOH soon restored

some more picīs

lilduckfoot2
    Beautiful pics, Torsten, but you're killing me!!! I still can't upload my new paints that include 2 sister ships to Bald Eagle -- Ferocious Frankie and Scarlet Kate. I also have Miss Dallas waiting!

Maybe s**n!

LDF