At least for the foreseeable future. Goodwood Aerodrome:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

The default airodrome is one of the most horrific things I have ever seen. That is truly terrible.

Yours on the other hand, is gorgeous

My gawd Ed, this is going to be awesome! One can get their classic car racing and classic aircraft flying done all in one spot!

It looks like the aerial imagery you found is quite superb, and I can't wait to see how it unfolds from here! I already know that this will be a popular hangout on my end.

BTW, I love seeing the comparison between stock FSX and your work - of which there is no comparison. As Skittles stated, the default Goodwood Aerodrome didn't interest me in the least, though the real example always looked like a great place to do some flying from.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Brilliant!!!! Can't wait to have the Goodwood Revival on my PC.... Thanks Ed!!!!

Looks FANTASTIC!

Has anyone ever done Thruxton for SFX?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Its great to see you taking an interest in the UK falcon even though I already have the UK2000 versions of what you've done so far.
    If your looking for something else here to do though Gary at UK2000 isn't doing the channel isles this time round even though he did them for FS9.

Just a thought and maybe a pretty please
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Hey Ed, many thanks for all the UK fields you have done...especially EGCD
    Virtual beers are on me:ernae:

Cheers,

Roger.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    . . . . .If your looking for something else here to do though Gary at UK2000 isn't doing the channel isles this time round even though he did them for FS9.
    What airports would those be? I looked at that area (I thought) but didn't see any airports.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    What airports would those be? I looked at that area (I thought) but didn't see any airports.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alderney_Airport (EGJA)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guernsey_Airport (EGJB)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Airport (EGJJ)
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

MCDesigns
    The Channel isles are done here is amazing detail!

http://earthsimulations.com/information.html

Great job Ed! I looked at Goodwood, but the data wasn't as good as I wanted, looks great though.

For those in this thread that are following Eds work. I was flying around his Bembridge the other night and it really inspired me. I have Beverly/Linley Hill Airfield, Lashenden (Headcorn), Crowfield, Andrewsfield, Clacton, Peterborough/Sibson, Fendland, and Fowlmere, (even Duxford) in FSX with high res sat imagery, just needs objects and autogen. Fowlmere is about done since I found a great image of their hanger.

What textures /addon do you guys use in the UK if any?

Charter Member 2011
    i use this, best there is, just no autogen but i dont miss it at all:

http://www.horizonsimulation.co.uk/store/index.php
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Ed, You have a complete natural nack at this sort of thing... Charlton is one of the only places I fly now, and this will give it a run for it's money... Please do not stop!
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

I was born and brought up near Goodwood (in fact I owned a house just where the FSX red message is, about 15 years ago) and have to say it is looking good.

You will need to remove most of that autogen from north of the airfield, as it is 90% farmland and certainly has no gasometers or apartment blocks, in fact the are a north is now in the new South Downs National park. A quick glimpse on Google earth will give you an idea of what it is really like.

I'll be gone for about a week starting tomorrow, as I'm driving south, down south of Dallas, to stay with my mother while my sister and her husband go to New Jersey for a little vacation, so nothing will be happening until late next week.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Hey guys, just in case anyone doesn't know about Goodwood- I've found this brilliant review of last years Revival.

http://www.airshows.org.uk/2009/airs...od/review.html

tigisfat
    I apologize if I've asked this before, but what program are you using? How do you download the photoreal files and integrate them? I'd REALLY like to learn how to make photoreal airport sceneries, then maybe I could contribute and make what I want instead of begging others!!

Your sceneries have brought me a lot of fun.

NoNewMessages
    Tig + scenery design, hummm...

First step, do you have the Deluxe version? If not, forget about it. Otherwise you could do the three step process to installing the SDKs. Then the aggravation, er fun can begin.

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by LCSims View Post
    Tig + scenery design, hummm...

First step, do you have the Deluxe version? If not, forget about it. Otherwise you could do the three step process to installing the SDKs. Then the aggravation, er fun can begin.
    I bought the deluxe version and I have a scenery object placer. My simple sceneries have been fairly popular over at flightsim.com, as were my soundpacks in the FS98 days.

I really want to make photoreal airports, I just wanna get pointed in the right direction.

NoNewMessages
    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I really want to make photoreal airports, I just wanna get pointed in the right direction.
    I'm always happy to share my limited knowledge, so seeing as this is Falcon's thread, why don't you open a new thread in the Landscaper's forum and we'll get you headed in the right direction.

Hey Ed,

Any news on this or has it gone into the background for the time being?

BTW, Is there any tool which may allow me to place airshow scenery at your airfield, that isn't the full scenery design tool that you use? I want to see if I can turn this place around to look like the goodwood revival!

Members who have read this thread: 0