A few skyrider paints - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few skyrider paints

HenryW, Purty....Purty...Purty ! Good job !

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Sweeeeet. Some "Mighty-O" paints. Thank you! :salute:
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by HenryW View Post
    Hello, thanks again! I'm glad you like it, the plane is absolutely great it deserves tons of repaints!

To "Deathfromafar": I'll see to it during the week end.

Three more textures uploaded including "Ace of spades" at flightsim.com

Henry, I was able to get the issue sorted out with the gray colored repaints. I ended up using the contents of the new A-1H main texture folder and moving them into texture.409 and texture.n folders deleting the original contents except texture a1_01.dds (corresponding to each folder-texture.409 and texture.n) I then moved each corresponding texture to a temporary location (desktop-one at a time) and renaming texture a1_01.dds to a1h_01.dds and moved them back to their respective folders overwriting the original a1h_01.dds texture. This way, you can have the new repaints on Tim's newest A-1H. It's an easy fix for the gray Skyraider textures. The Dark Blue version, -texture.b can be converted the same way by renaiming it's original a1_01.dds & a1_02.dds and renaming them to a1h_01.dds & a1h_02.dds. The Zuni pods and Bomb textures are missing on that one though because of the texture format difference between a1_02.dds and a1h_02.dds. So that is really the Dark Blue repaint is only one that needs to be fixed/changed to accommodate the new A-1H model.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Very nice!

Will these work with the A-1H package just released? It's preferable to have Navy skins on the correct Navy bird.

-G-

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    Very nice!

Will these work with the A-1H package just released? It's preferable to have Navy skins on the correct Navy bird.

-G-
    Yes, the post above yours explains how to do this. Let me know if you need additional assistance doing it.
    "Soon to be Expat"

And remember if you use the entry for the aircraft.cfg in the readme.txt files, all the "J"'s need to be swapped out to "H"'s, especially in the "sim=" line.

EDIT: Actually the easiest way....

• Just use "A1_01" texture and the thumbnail.jpg in the folder
    • Rename the "A1-01" to "A1h_01"
    • Create a texture.cfg file in the folder and it will reference the main texture folder for the A1-H for any other textures it needs.

This is what I used in my texture.cfg file and it works fine:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Texture

It's not the 'best' way though. The tanks and racks will be lighter than Henry W's paints, using the above method.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    And remember if you use the entry for the aircraft.cfg in the readme.txt files, all the "J"'s need to be swapped out to "H"'s, especially in the "sim=" line.

EDIT: Actually the easiest way....

• Just use "A1_01" texture and the thumbnail.jpg in the folder
    • Rename the "A1-01" to "A1h_01"
    • Create a texture.cfg file in the folder and it will reference the main texture folder for the A1-H for any other textures it needs.

This is what I used in my texture.cfg file and it works fine:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Texture

It's not the 'best' way though. The tanks and racks will be lighter than Henry W's paints, using the above method.
    Dain Arns, that is a better way however a1_02.dds in Henry's repaints match Tim's a1h_02.dds in his new pack. Using a1h_02.dds in both of Henry's gray Skyraider packs will allow the bombs and Zuni pods to show properly but with the blue Skayraider pack the canopy frame, weapon pylons will be gray instead of blue even though the weapons are the right color. I decided to rename both of Henry's blue repaint textures, a1_01.dds and a1_02.dds over to a1h_01.dds and a1h_02.dds. That way the canopy frame, wing pylons, and center fuel tan stay the same color. I just don't use the outer weapons, -Bombs and Zuni pods. Henry can fix this with a simple drop in patch I am sure.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Okay.
    I must have had earlier downloads then, all I have are textures for the "J"
    I'll find those gray "A1h_02.dds" textures and drop them in later.
    Thanks for the info.

The difference in shade on the pylons between the default and Henry's gray Navy paints as I have it now, don't bother me.
    To me, it seemed like combat aircraft from that era, nothing matched up perfectly paint-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    Yes, the post above yours explains how to do this. Let me know if you need additional assistance doing it.
    Got it. When I tired originally all I got was a 'chrome' aircraft.

-G-

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    Got it. When I tired originally all I got was a 'chrome' aircraft.

-G-
    That must be the chrome plated aluminum die-cast special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great paints Henry! Very crisp, very nice!! I d/led the blue one and the green striped one
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 3