B-24 Guy's Aircraft

Thread: B-24 Guy's Aircraft

B-24 Guy's Aircraft

Before I go crazy and d/load all his aircraft may I just ask what his mods do to said aircraft?

I think I read somewhere that it makes the AI ones flyable, but what improvements ar made to the existing flyable aircraft?

Cheers.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

The biggest difference between the stock flyables and B-24's OH planes is demirroring. The stock aircraft use the same texture for left and right sides of the plane...the Over Hauled ones use separate textures for left and right side...this makes it possible to do accurate paints for the planes without having the lettering on the right side of the plane showing in reverse. The flight dynamics and DP files are improved as well...and for those who are into accurate flight, the Over Hauled planes have better performance and handling and more realistic damage profiles.

OBIO

Thanks for the explanation OBIO, appreciate it. I'll go d/load them now.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

They also have a nice 2d panel added as well as the basic VC as devolped by MS now visable for use in them as discovered by Bruce Thorson. The B-24 Guy's updates are manditory in my CFS 2.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

One day whe hope to have the B-24 Overhalled as well. OBIO done much need update to the OH P-39 it a must have for me.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Blog Entries

Demirrored F6F Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    The biggest difference between the stock flyables and B-24's OH planes is demirroring. The stock aircraft use the same texture for left and right sides of the plane...the Over Hauled ones use separate textures for left and right side...this makes it possible to do accurate paints for the planes without having the lettering on the right side of the plane showing in reverse. The flight dynamics and DP files are improved as well...and for those who are into accurate flight, the Over Hauled planes have better performance and handling and more realistic damage profiles.

OBIO
    Did the B-24 Overhaul Guy ever do the Hellcat? If so, where can I find it? and for that matter, where does he post his conversions? Please send me a message if you please...

Don't bother... I found the file in Simviation

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    "... The flight dynamics and DP files are improved as well...and for those who are into accurate flight, the Over Hauled planes have better performance and handling and more realistic damage profiles."

OBIO
    Exactly why I use them.

I would recommend all Pac Theatre users to download and install all of them for your stock (especially IJN) planes. Get the the excellent FDGv2/FDG Donationware USN aircraft (including an F6F-3 and 5) as well.

Cheers
    SW
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0