Spitfire MkVc BR301 is a Spitfire.

Thread: Spitfire MkVc BR301 is a Spitfire.

Spitfire MkVc BR301 is a Spitfire.

The title says it all. BR301 is a Spitfire MkVc issued to No. 249 Sqn (http://www.spitfires.ukf.net/squadrons.htm) on Malta in 1942. It was flown by Screwball Beurling, among others. It wore the specific Malta blue camouflage which was not used anywhere else, and certainly was not used on Seafires.

There you are, I've said it - It is not a Seafire, MkIIc or anything else.

Why spoil an extremely good job on the part of some (to whom all due thanks and gratitude) with bodged, inaccurate work on the part of others? It beats me... Especially when both John and I could have turned out accurate skins for this aircraft in a few hours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

This is a Seafire MkIII. Available to anybody who might like it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

You know where to send it... there'll be something coming your way soon too.

The model IS actually a MkIII - the MkIIc had the three-stack exhausts and the shorter engine. Basically, a MkV with a hook. Easy identification tip. The MkIII had a 50-series Merlin - longer, but with the round cooler under the port wing. So if it has a longer nose, round cooler and six-stack exhausts, it's a MkIII. Wingtips were of course interchangeable.

In case anybody thinks I'm being unnecessarily negative, I'm not. I've just tried out the guns, and somebody has done a fantastic job there. I'll be putting this onto all my C-wing Spitfires and Seafires. Miles better!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    You Know Nigel,

your really starting to get under my skin (no pun intended), I put literally hundreds if not thousands of hours into the ETO update over the last 2 years, (working away from home 2/3rds of the year spending just about every evening working on this) getting files from guys who have not been seen in the CFS3 world for ages. Then working with guys to get skins, weapons, effects and engine sounds and all the other little bits and pieces to try and expand the list of available types in game into a one install no fuss addon for guys like you to enjoy.

I'm no expert but I do ok and I definately do not consider myself bodgy, the plane your talking about I got that from Josh in that format with that skin on it.

I even said in the description part of the planes xdp file which is veiwable in game for all to read exatly what you have just said above in a most derogitory fashion.

It is a MkIII in game your reading the folder name which is still carrying the MkIIc name so that we can overwrite files when udating. in game its called MkIII.

"Seafire MkIII
    This aircraft was orginally assigned to 601 Squadron, but was turned over to 249 Squadron when the remnants of 601 Squadron left Malta for Egypt, January 1942.
    Seafire MKIIe with Merlin 55 engine, Bendix Stromberg negative G carborator and metal ailerons. Clipped wing with B version armament with 4x .303in MGs @ 370 rpg; 2x 20mm Hispano cannons @ 60 rpg; up to 500 lbs in bombs."

what makes it a seafire is the arrestor hook, strengthened wing around the landing gear mounting points and a few other bits and pieces that arent seen when viewing the plane in game. the four bladed prop the later engine with revised exhuast stubs etc all of which are definately not MkV traits, so yeah the serial number belongs to a 249 squadron plane (which I said in the description file) that was flown by numerous pilots, all I have said here is that the plane has been modified to seafire specs and a wing designation change due to revised armament and wing tips.

Yes mate you probably could have done a skin up, but you havent beed seen for bloody ages and when you do come back all you can do is piss and moan... instead of saying hey guys would you like a new skin to get a more correct one onto the plane thats currently in game, you just come out with some smart ass comment.

why didnt you say something when you asked me to change the name of the plane to Seafire MkIII, as the name I had on it originally seafire MkIIc was not correct, which you pointed out and I quite happily changed.

If I had not done this work the plane would still be sitting on a hard drive somewhere collecting dust waiting for the next MAW install to come out.

well tell you what, you can pick up were I'm leaving off. this is not the first time on this forum were you have questioned my ethics and the way I have worked with files which were given to me by the original authors to do this work too.

lets see how you go on the next 200 + plane update, please enjoy ETO wont you.

Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

OT - you got this from Josh?

Hello Rob, do I read you correctly that this is one of Zuyax's lovely creations? If so, would you tell him from me at least how much we still enjoy his CFS3 work - I still cherish the older AvH models.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Rob -

If I have not helped with ETO for some time, let me tell you why. ETO Corporation, or whatever it is, decided unilaterally to cut the entire Battle of France team out from one day to the next - not by actually telling us or anything, but by the simple expedient of moving to another web site and forum without bothering to let any of us know. That lost you Viso, Gerfaut and myself, among others, and it also lost you the help I would otherwise have been prepared and able to give.

I quite realise that your ETO 'job' is a lot for one man to handle, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. If I had been in a position to help with these things, then there are a number of things I would have spotted and remedied in time for release to the public - such as the fact that not one of the Vichy French aircraft actually is one, as they are all in Battle of France livery rather than the imposed Armistice markings which came in during late June/early July 1940. Equally, I'd have made sure the Soviet Gladiator used the correct model, and so on. Some things I didn't mention simply because I didn't want to step on anybody's toes.

Incidentally, I've never had this aircraft with that skin. When I got it, it didn't have a skin at all; if it had had this skin, believe me, I'd have noticed. This one is a Photoshop cut-and-paste one, not a ZUYAX original. Again, if we had not been dropped unceremoniously from the team once the French aircraft and airfields were included, then I'd have been in a position to do something about it, as you suggested. Bit late now, though, I think.

In any case, it's hardly your fault that you couldn't spot everything, and I understand that you're upset, but you can't blame me for not being able to spot problems before being able to install the addon.

I am of course duly grateful to the entire team, airfield and scenery and effects teams especially, and share your wish to get things as correct as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries
    hey im joshua dont throw me in this love spatt ...

fly get high ......

love the planes

Quote Originally Posted by loverboy1 View Post
    hey im joshua dont throw me in this love spatt ...
    No problems, Joshua. Zuyax is or was Josh Ziebart and a very fine modeller from some years back. The marvellous Spitfire MkXIV from AvH was his work, among others.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries
    ok thanks least name is in good company .......lol

ZUYAX did the Aeroplane Heaven MkI, the AvHistory/DR MkV series, the AvH MkIXc, MkXIVc, MkXIVe, and this Seafire MkIII.

I'd give my left nut (at my age, I'm not sure anybody would notice anyway) to get hold of the source files for that lot. Just imagine everything you could do...

I think I'd start with a MkXIVe with the cut down rear deck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

But as memory serves there's a very long pole in that tent, Nigel - he used 3dsMax, and we've been down that road recently. Botheration!
    Tom

Yesss... As you say. Well, at least my nuts'll remain where they are, I suppose. Small mercies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR