OT: Do you like trains?

Thread: OT: Do you like trains?

Hybrid View

OT: Do you like trains?

There is a nice Railworks discount on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/3087/

Just bought it, I hope it will be nice replacement for unreleased MSTS2...

I would love feedback on this one, talk about a great price! Thanks for the heads up.

Matt

Oh wow I didnt need to see that! I been looking into this for a while. After msts2 went by the wayside I had been hoping for a train sim. I hope this sale goes on for a little bit, as id like to get feedback on it!

gajit
    Hi

Thanks very much for the HU. I have been thinking of getting it for some time so am now downloading

Please post feedback.........................thanks in advance.

Matt

I've downloaded game already, but haven't time to play yet. I'm assembling new bed for my daughter.

I'll try to play in the evening.

Yes I like trains, I also like PZL Orliks
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

well the lack of American content kind of puts me off. Im sure there are some great routes in europe but I'm looking for some scenic american routes

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Yes I like trains, I also like PZL Orliks

I've just finished coding first radio mode in Orlik. It is now possible to input COM frequency with keypad in VC. I have a manual of radio from Unimor Radiocom (Polish manufacturer of military radio equipment), and I'm trying to make it 'as real as it gets' I hope I will be able to make channel programing mode too. I'll make short film and I'll upload it to youtube when I'll finish coding. Of course it will take some time :/

Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post

I've just finished coding first radio mode in Orlik. It is now possible to input COM frequency with keypad in VC.
    Wow neat! That's gotta be a first!

Anyway....trains.... uuuh yeah! They ride on rails lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Colton and Northern & Rascal and Cottonwood are fictional US routes, but they are really good.. Also, the Raildriver unit works well with RW's and makes the whole thing much more realistic. Raildriver.com
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

gajit
    Its all excellent. I have not been near FSX for 2 days - a record. But I still cant take off :isadizzy:

Blog Entries
    spent pretty much the last 48 hours downloading, installing, and learning.. I sem to have found most of the payware.. looking for decent freeware now.. fortunately even the payware is inexpensive and dangerously affordable ( its only 10 bucks,, i cant get overdrawn on that can I ?/).. Sadly, the Payware DD-40 i bought isnt quite up to specs.. with a half mile train behind a double unit its only managing 35 mph on a 2.4% slope.. Thats a bit ridiculess..
    Biggest drawback, i'm a flight simmer as well as rail fan, and i'm accustomed to there being a complete world out there in sim land.. not just pieces of one.. cant wait for this to get a couple years older so that theres more available for it.. would also like to se some U-boats, and 9 crossing fingers ) a veranda style gas turbine..

Steam really went out of their way to make sure you couldnt find the game files.. i've never seen a structure so kerfuggled in my life. its confusing as hell, but i'm glad it works.. some other things could be a bit more user friendly as well,, but for a version 2 package, i cant complain.. its tons of fun, and quite relaxing ( til you fall asleep and hit the junction at 70 mph ) Cant really aford any hardware. just wish there were a way for me to use the throttle and other niceties of my joystick.. till then, the keyboards ok i guess.. wish i could do scenery. then i could start laying out all the east west mainlines between new york and california, then the north south lines.. theres a couple i remember from my old days with N-Scale like the red rock and western that i'd love to do in railworks as well.. its simply gorgeous ( and tricky i might add ) very fun sim.. more than worth the 30 bucks they're charging for it, though i wish they would have included the challenger in this version instead of the other..

Members who have read this thread: 0