Green light given on two new projects from SkyUnlimited regarding the Texan-Harvard

Thread: Green light given on two new projects from SkyUnlimited regarding the Texan-Harvard

Green light given on two new projects from SkyUnlimited regarding the Texan-Harvard

I just posted the news over at the FS9 forum, but some of it also applies to the FSX crowd as well.

First - there is going to be an upgrade to the FS9 Texan - Harvard package. Details are over at the FS9 forum

Second - we're going to have a texture painting contest for the Texans and Harvards - both FSX and FS9. For those who don't have a copy of the models - we will be offering free downloads of both FSX and FS9 versions of the planes. These special versions have their guts stripped out but enough left to show how any new texture will look. A special set of new bump and specular maps are being made to allow FSX textures up to 2048 x 2048. You should be able to read any stencils applied with a texture that size. Jesse is still working out the rules and procedures and the prizes. Last I heard the first prize will be $50.00 USD. Too bad I'm not allowed to enter

So it's time to put the snow shovels away and get out those digital paint brushes and start looking up references.

Special edition for texture contest.

This is what the special edition of the Texan and Harvard will look like. Most of the interior work and the engine have been removed. But you'll still be able to see any texture modifications to the plane and pilots.

Can I play?

Hi Tienmac

I guess you can play as long as I'm not asked to be one of the judges or if Jesse comes up with a way to disguise the names of the entrants - otherwise you'd have an unfair advantage since I'd like your stuff before I ever saw it

Just joking. I will try and find my DVD with the old repaints on it and send you some.

Members who have read this thread: 0