Captain Sim F-104 advice

Thread: Captain Sim F-104 advice

Question Captain Sim F-104 advice

I was looking for some advice in regards on where the best place to purchase the Captain Sim F-104. Would it be best to purchase it right from the Captain Sim website, or from a place such as FSPilotshop or Simmarket, the reason I ask is I hear Captain Sim doesn't have the greatest customer support.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I personally have the captainsim F104 boxed edition by aerosoft which does not need any activation
    but I dunno if they sell it anylonger

BR
    Tom

Personally i got mine from FSpilotshop after i got a refund(eventually) from Captainsim because being unable to download it from their website.

Regards Paul Day.

Charter Member 2011
    I have dead software (F104 + Yak3...you'd think I would've learned?) bought direct from Captain Sim.
    It cannot be activated, and no amount of threats and pleading have produced a result.

I am told some have succeeded with CS products from Sim Market.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    I personally have the captainsim F104 boxed edition by aerosoft which does not need any activation
    but I dunno if they sell it anylonger
    Isn't that the Cloud9 Starfighter..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I have just recently reactivated all of my old FS9 models by Captain Sim. There's a little hoop jumping but to access everything on their reactivation process, you will need your original order numbers. I fumbled my way through the process and got all but my 707 working. For whatever reason, I had to perform a manual offline activation with that installer. Now the 707 is back in as well and working perfectly. Otherwise I have no issues with going direct with Captain Sim. They have everything set up to be as automatic as it can be. I understand those folks are Russian? LOL, they are sticklers about instructions being followed to a T! LOL.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I bought it, but I can't remember if I bought it direclty from CS or at Simmarket. BTW All CS products bought at Simmarket show up in my profile at the CS site too. The F-104 is not Vista compatible, and from my own experience I can tell it doesn't work (for me) on Windows7 either.. :mixedsmi:
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Isn't that the Cloud9 Starfighter..?
    no Aerosoft is captainsims F104 cloud9 boxed was sold by Profisoft

they also offer it as download:
    http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us...08020,DFS01764

BR
    Tom

I have not tried the Captain Sim F104, what I would say though is if you are going to buy it then get the boxed version, it saves a lot of hassle if you have to reinstall at some point.

Members who have read this thread: 0