ETO 3.0 zip problems

Thread: ETO 3.0 zip problems

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

ETO 3.0 zip problems

I don’t know if I am the only one, but I get a failure warning when unzipping the Required Added File-ACC_CamoNetETO_45x45_00_Shared_N.zip file. The unzipped .dds file seems OK (5.33 mB) but the instructions are not unzipped. Now I can imagine that I simple have to put the .dds file somewhere, but where?
    Another strange thing is that I cannot even unzip Beau’s BDP-zapper because of the suspected virus in it. Is there perhaps a location where one can download the unzipped file? Otherwise I’ll just remove the .bdp files manually. From the pictures, I guess it’s more than worth it. Thanks for this labour of love, ETO team! 2.0 was alreadyCFS4 in disguise, and now it’s even better.

Charter Member 2012
    (Simply copy the ACC_CamoNetETO_45x45_00_Shared_N.dds found in this folder to the default location of your CFS3 ETO Expansion install:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\buildings\ACC_Shared_Textures
    The emplacements this item is for will add a greater immersion factor to the sim for all you Mission Builders out there to utilize.)

This is where you put the ACC_CamoNetETO_45x45_00_Shared_N.dds.

flyer01
    CFS3-MAW,PTO,DPC Korea, OFF2 and ETO Expansions

FSX Gold Edition

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

Rise of Flight

DCS A-10C Warthog

Train Simulator 2012

Charter Member 2012
    I use the BDP-zapper found at AvHistory. I edit the bat. with notepad and put the location of the ETO install like this:
    del "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\*.bdp" /s

You can find the CFS3 BDP Nuker here.
    http://avhistory.org/communityserver...0/default.aspx

Hope this helps.

flyer01
    CFS3-MAW,PTO,DPC Korea, OFF2 and ETO Expansions

FSX Gold Edition

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

Rise of Flight

DCS A-10C Warthog

Train Simulator 2012

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    All clear. Thanks Flyer, for these clear and quick answers.

Happy landings,

Stickshaker

Charter Member 2015
    Hello,
    What are we supposed to do with the Global layer and qclocations XMLS .......folders and files?

The .rtf files crashes openoffice.

Thanks in advance
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Emile, maybe this will help.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks a lot Grizz,
    In fact I do not understand why I should use the "without qc_shipping".
    I'll see....
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

Emile, it's for this reason, as clearly stated in README #06:

"We have found that the QC_Shipping Locations interfere with the Goal Target requirements of missions that occur or pass near these Locations.

For that reason, we are including a separate, alternate set of global_layer files and qclocations.xml files so that you may fly missions without interference from the QC_Shipping Locations."

In other words, the waypoint courses of some missions come within a certain radius of one or more QC_Shipping locations, and the target of the QC_Shipping location will suddenly and automatically become a goal target for the mission that the player is trying to fly.

We included the additional, optional set of GL files and qclocations XMLs in order to fly those particular missions that suffer from inteference from the AC_Shipping locations.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

I had a different issue with the GSL with the shipping locations which necessitated a return to the stardard locations.

On many airfields, even after simply doing a FF trip, after I got the "Do you want to exit this mission?" window and hitting "yes", the game would freeze for a few minutes and then CTD. After inserting the standard GSL and qclocations, this stopped.

Wsmwms, which airfields?

There are simply some cutscenes that are still giving us problems. Some of them are old.

The game isn't really CTDing.

Try one of these:

1. When it freezes, press Ctrl + Tab, and the game will go to desktop. Behind the game screen, you may well find a little Window with one button wioth the word "OK" on it. Click the "OK" button, and the game will be freed up again.

2. Click on cfs3config.exe. Then File/Custom Settings/SWindow/Overrides. Look for "Disable Movie UI" and check it. This will eliminate the cutscenes running altogether and should fix the problem.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Thanks. I did notice the OK box, but only after I used the task manager to shut things down.

Do I do both 1 and 2 in order to end this issue?

Wsmwsm, judgement call here, my friend.

#1 will do it as a case-by-case solution.

#2 will prevent the UI movies (airfield cutscenes) from coming up again altogether until you change it again yourself with the cfs3config.exe.:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Grizzly50:

Thanks a lot. Although the CONTROL+TAB didn't work, the little Microsoft button took me to the desktop where I clicked the OK window.

I'm glad to see my install wasn't mucked up somehow. I didn't want to post the question given all the work you folks put into it.

Wsmwsm, it's like this. CFS3 and all of the the stand-alone add-on games made for it are not perfect. Sometimes things can't be "fixed", developed properly, or even made to work at all. These developers simply do what the hard-coding allows them to do, or at least come as close to it as they can.

By all means anytime you find something that you feel is wrong or otherwise does not seem right, let us know about it by either posting it here or send me a PM.

The same goes for everyone else.

And, Wsmwsm, I apologize to you. I meant to write "Alt + Tab". LOL:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Members who have read this thread: 0