Skyraider READY! - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Skyraider READY!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skulleader View Post
    Hello :salute:

In first a great thank's for this addon, awesome and wonderful addon :ernae:

I've a little question for Tim Piglet, I would like knowing if you can confirm the speed where I can use my flaps.
    After many tests (Air-brake open) I can only use my flaps under 110 kts please can you tell me if it's correct ?

110 Kts = Flaps to Approach.

100 Kts = Flaps to Landing.

Is it a bug or it's normal ?

At 120 or 130 Kts I can't use my flap but my speed break are open.

A great thank's in advance for your help, best regards.

Skulleader
    I checked the cfg and that is where Tim has them set. I am assuming he is using some actual A-1 numbers.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    ... single engine B-17...
    :d I guess that's pretty darned close!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Haven'tflown the modded one yet, but the original seemed as if it might be flying a little slow. Of course with the single engine B-17.... weight would be an issue. I could comfortably fly this one on approach at 72 knots, which seemed about 15 knots too slow.

The guy that checked me out as Captain in the 747-200 lo many years ago was an Able Dog Driver (USMC), wish i could ge ahold of him!

Cheers: T
    fliger747, have you tried the FDE update patch yet? If not, give it a try and see what you think. It seems a good bit more tuned after that.
    "Soon to be Expat"

Ahoy there sailors, it's all about carrier deck landings here but what about us landlubbers ?.....

Has anyone managed a wheels landing at a thing called a runway ? ( a large strip of, usually concrete, you can find near a so called 'airport', there are many around if you look for them ) Can it be done like is shown here at 1.54 in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5kNlb0prOE

I miserably failed everytime i tried...
    cheers,
    jan

No problem here, Jan. I think I have about 6-7 landings in it, both wheel and 3-point landings. I tend to bring it over the fence at about 80-85 kts, I think, but mostly just judge the touchdown on feeling alone. The big thing for me, is to make sure I am not too high in the pattern, before I make my descent through base and final, else the approach is too steep for my liking. I still have yet to try the updated FDE.

I really like the looks of the photoreal repaint of yours, and I really hope you release it!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Ahoy there sailors, it's all about carrier deck landings here but what about us landlubbers ?.....

Has anyone managed a wheels landing at a thing called a runway ? ( a large strip of, usually concrete, you can find near a so called 'airport', there are many around if you look for them ) Can it be done like is shown here at 1.54 in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5kNlb0prOE

cheers,
    jan
    It can be done, I have already logged more then 25 landings with this bird. It just takes the right approach speed and the right flap setting.

Thanks guys ! I just managed one, in real weather with a 15 knots almost cross wind and all ! Actually it was a one wheeler... :d They set me up with full tanks when i first tried it... damn groundcrew.... :d

John : sure, i'll upload at avsim,flightsim and here too, in a day or two.

cheers,
    Jan

Icon5 Traps on Carriers with the Spad

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

cheers,
    jan
    Yeah, a landing at a NAS (Naval Air Station)is a good thing but hey...if it has a tail hook on it then
    it should do a trap on a bat barge as well.

Thank you for H version. Great thing.

Now its carriertime. :salute:

EDIT

A strange thing i found, the center tank doesnt show up every time i use the lever in the cockpit. Anyone else got this problem?

EgoR64
    Nothing in Nam era in the Library, so I decided to destroy moving Strykers - LOL !!

Made a ybomb - LOL - :d

Attachment 2134Attachment 2132Attachment 2133

Quote Originally Posted by EgoR64 View Post
    Nothing in Nam era in the Library, so I decided to destroy moving Strykers - LOL !!

Made a ybomb - LOL - :d

Attachment 2134Attachment 2132Attachment 2133
    Hey

How do you do this? From where did you get this mission?

Thanks

Cheers
    Martin

EgoR64

I do not know how to do it other then using the mission SDK, Not sure but I think there was mention of how to add droppbale cargo in free flight, but not sure how. The simple bomb was made with 3dcanvas and using the same concept as the flower bomb mission, you can create a Bomb drop mission, Piglets Skyraider is Icing on the cake along with the Bronco and OV-10A -

Cheers -

Setting up a new laptop to run accel.

Getting black canopy with the accel and DX10, anyone else having such problems, works just fine on my "mainframe".

Setting up a new laptop to run accel.

Getting black canopy with the accel and DX10, anyone else having such problems, works just fine on my "mainframe".

fliger747, I am fairly sure Tim doesn't use DX10 or beta test his models in DX10. Seems someone has been over this before and there was a fix for a few models?
    "Soon to be Expat"

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ive got a issue in FSX Gold DX9, piglet to YZF FOL CAF Please.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Guys, this is easily solved by copying and pasting all of the necessary texture files from the main "Texture" folder, into all of the separate texture folders. The canopy/prop and other parts that show up black, are only the result of these textures not being present.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Thank you Bomber. I just ****'ed the readme that'll teach me:salute:

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

I'm not criticizing Tim, just happens to be what the new operating system comes up with, I do have the update.

All of the different versions of FSX result in almost all of the developers pulling their hair out. I do my development in FSX accel and have had issues show up in say SP2 etc, with props that keep turning etc with the engine turned off. They changed a bunch of stuff! I have all sorts of people have planes do things that mine didn't do on the computer it was developed on.

Part of the cost of computing freedom! Glad we have it! FS would have gone nowher without it!

Thanks to all of the great developers out there that do this for the love of it!

T

The planes work fine in DX10. You just have to do the texture copy-over.

Tim, I've been wanting to bring this up for a long time, but I hesitate to whine about anything when you're putting out the best damn freeware planes on the platform. However, as someone who's been in a lot of positions where I've been involved with helping computer users on Windows, and thus being pretty familiar with the kinds of things that confuse non-technical users... Maybe you could just go ahead and upload with all the textures already in place so the user doesn't have to do the copy operation?

It's not an intuitive procedure for casual computer users who don't typically do many file operations. Especially since dragging and dropping on the same drive does a move instead of a copy.

And in the end, it only makes the download a little smaller, and the number of users who are still using dial-up to download your planes is pretty negligible nowadays...

If you left the textures in place, then (1) it's less work for you in building the archive, (2) it keeps a certain percentage of users from having problems with your planes, and (3) it saves you from all the "the textures don't look right!" tech support e-mails. The only downside is that it adds a couple of megabytes to the larger planes, but the difference between 8 and 10 mb at broadband speeds is only a few seconds.

Just a suggestion.

Excellent!!!!

Tim,

You've outdone yourself again....the A-1J and A-1H are wonderful....will we see an A-1E? That would be the perfect completion of this set....

Awesome!!!!

Kent

Photobucket

The A-1H is a gem! I like the cleaned up cockpit. Well done!:ernae:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Does anybody know how to get the A1J repaints to work with the H model? I can remember a post about it but I can't find it!

I think you have to rename the texture files from H to J.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Does anybody know how to get the A1J repaints to work with the H model? I can remember a post about it but I can't find it!
    This is the thread you need.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...r-paints/page3

Ahh thanks guys!

Members who have read this thread: 5