Alpha Bobcat Update packages uploaded to Flightsim.com - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpha Bobcat Update packages uploaded to Flightsim.com

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    I will be doing more paints for the Bobcat....have 5 more military style ones to do, then I will do up some civilian skins. . . . -OBIO
    Many thanks for all this, Tim! The Bobcat was firmly in my "Once-In-A-While" hangar until now, but it'll be getting a good deal more use, with these fine updates.

Very-much looking forward to the "cillivian" paints, too!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

For EditVoicepack users: this vcpmod file will allow ATC to reference the Bobcat as "T-50 Bobcat".

Basic instructions included in the zip. Enjoy.
    Brent aka "dogknot"

I just uploaded a panel fix to Flightsim.com. The panel fix includes the two missing gauges and the pop up window for the trim gauges.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    I just uploaded a panel fix to Flightsim.com. The panel fix includes the two missing gauges and the pop up window for the trim gauges.

OBIO
    Is this the same update that you posted here a couple of posts before? Or is a new one?
    And here's my dumb question of the day, am I supposed to uninstall the original Bobcat or just add your update to it?
    Looking forward to trying it out.

The panel fix I uploaded is the same as what I posted here...but with the missing gauges included..the ones that Brad Kaste attached to his post.

I totally dump the original Bobcat and replace it with the updated one..unless you have a new paint for the original that you like...then I would dump the stock paints as the updated package has the stock paints (in tweaked form) and they config info is the same as in the stock package...so that might cause some conflicts.

One thing I forgot to mention.....if you look in the MODEL folder, there is a second MDL called less shine Bob1.mdl. This MDL file will give you a Bobcat that is glossy, but not overly shiny...about 1/2 that amount of specular shine as the original MDL file.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love the updated Bobcat. It has always one of my favorite birds. BTW, you can also add in any of the add-on liveries from the earlier version by copying the new panel into each add-on folder. Since the doors are contained in the panel bmp you need to match the new panel to the old livery. This works out well most of the time. However.sometimes there isn't a viable matching skin color. In this case i just plug one with an olive drab finish and tell anyone I've just replaced the doors and they are still painted with primer An example is the pure white Sky King livery.

Also, there are four different decal bmps in the original. so you can drop them into the new liveries randomly to add some variety to the VC experience
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    The panel fix I uploaded is the same as what I posted here...but with the missing gauges included..the ones that Brad Kaste attached to his post.

I totally dump the original Bobcat and replace it with the updated one..unless you have a new paint for the original that you like...then I would dump the stock paints as the updated package has the stock paints (in tweaked form) and they config info is the same as in the stock package...so that might cause some conflicts.

One thing I forgot to mention.....if you look in the MODEL folder, there is a second MDL called less shine Bob1.mdl. This MDL file will give you a Bobcat that is glossy, but not overly shiny...about 1/2 that amount of specular shine as the original MDL file.

OBIO
    Thanks OBIO,
    Can't wait to try her out.

Quote Originally Posted by racartron View Post
    An example is the pure white Sky King livery.
    The Sky King livery is on the To Do list...so you will have a new one with all the bells and whistles.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the aircraft folder the alpha version has 5 differnt model versions, your update replaces all 5 of there's??
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Model versions? The stock freeware Alpha Bobcat comes in wheeled and float version. The wheeled version comes with 4 skins (US Army UB, a pre-war skin, a US Navy skin and a RCAF Crane skin). The updated package just covers the wheeled version and has the 4 skins skins, with DrZGard's panel mod in place. I tweaked the flight dynamics to increase the speed of the plane to real world specs, get the fuel consumption as close to real world as I could get (based on information from actual T-50 manuals). Additionally, there are two packs of new skins and a sound pack for the Bobcat (wheeled version).

The freeware Bobcat Float version comes with a single skin...a red one. I have not done any updating to the float version yet...but will be doing so in the near future. It will also receive DrZGard's panel modificition, tweaked flight dynamics and new skins, and a dedicated sound package with water sounds enabled for more realism when you are taking off and landing.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Been having lots of fun with OBIO's updated Bobcat! Of course, that means I just have to tweak the tweaks.

I made a switches panel bitmap and mounted it on the 2D panel.
    Resized/repositioned the trim wheels and gave them a transparent background.
    Resized the radio stack.
    Resized/repositioned the music player.
    Resized/repositioned the GPS.

What do you guys think?

switches panel

Trim

Radio stack

Music Player
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Model versions? The stock freeware Alpha Bobcat comes in wheeled and float version. The wheeled version comes with 4 skins (US Army UB, a pre-war skin, a US Navy skin and a RCAF Crane skin). The updated package just covers the wheeled version and has the 4 skins skins, with DrZGard's panel mod in place. I tweaked the flight dynamics to increase the speed of the plane to real world specs, get the fuel consumption as close to real world as I could get (based on information from actual T-50 manuals). Additionally, there are two packs of new skins and a sound pack for the Bobcat (wheeled version).

The freeware Bobcat Float version comes with a single skin...a red one. I have not done any updating to the float version yet...but will be doing so in the near future. It will also receive DrZGard's panel modificition, tweaked flight dynamics and new skins, and a dedicated sound package with water sounds enabled for more realism when you are taking off and landing.

OBIO
    OK in my a/c folder there are 5 folders labled as follows:
    Cessna Bobcat Civilian
    " " Civilian Float
    " " Military
    " " Military float
    " " Sky King version
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Do you have the Bobcat as it came as a payware item perhaps? The freeware package that Alphasim released only has two models...the wheeled and float version. The wheeled package has 4 skins and the float version has 1 skin.

Could you post some screenshots of the different models...focusing on the engines...be interesting to see just what the differences are.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

floats?
    we got floats??

Hi,

Very nice tweak Dogknot
    Can you post here in attachement your modifications ?

Yeah...there is a float version of the Bobcat. I haven't done the update on it yet...but will. If you go to Flightsim.com and download the package that Alphasim released a year or two ago....the float plane version is in it. There is only one skin with the stock floater, but if you take the entire panel folder from the updated wheeled version, drop it into the float plane version...the 9 new skins I did will work on the float version.

T-50FS89.zip is the package name on Flightsim.com.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thanks OBIO.
    another radial float plane wont hurt me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by claudius24 View Post
    Hi,

Very nice tweak Dogknot
    Can you post here in attachement your modifications ?
    Sure. Just rename your original panel.cfg to something like panel.cfg.orig and place the new panel.cfg and the switch_panel.bmp into the Bobcats panel folder. That's it. Give it a try and see what you think.
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Hi,

Thank you .. work great