FTX NA BLUE - USA Canada Pacific Northwest Officially Released
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FTX NA BLUE - USA Canada Pacific Northwest Officially Released

FTX NA BLUE - USA Canada Pacific Northwest Officially Released

I know there is another thread but this is the official retail release press release guys

Welcome to North America, and Orbx's most ambitious project to date. Over fourteen months in the making and led by veteran developers Holger Sandmann and Matt Tomkins, the FTX Pacific Northwest region is truly a stunning achievement which combines all the elements of the much celebrated FTX AU region series, but goes much further. With PNW, Orbx has amped the quality of the ground textures to the next level, and sourced them from pristine imagery to create beautifully crisp terrain even at ground level. There is over 2.5GB of fully seasonal and annotated photoreal for landmark mountain and wilderness areas above the tree line, glaciers, lava flows, as well as including photoreal Seattle CBD, the ports of Tacoma and Olympia, KPAE, Bonneville Dam and many other points of interest. Additionally Orbx has created brand new autogen textures, hand-crafted every square mile of landclass, added full moving traffic, 3D night lighting and much more! Finally, over 450 default airports in the region have been upgraded with custom buildings and objects, elevation corrections and other details. FTX Pacfic Northwest is available now as an instant download addon and soon on DVD from resellers worldwide.
    For more information visit http://fullterrain.com

To purchase go to : http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=1218
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Yessss! That's the notice I've been waiting for.

Me too. About to install
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

Sky~6
    Has completely transformed FSX for me....completely........

I'm downloading right now, can't wait to go for a spin!

Timm
    Has completely transformed FSX for me....completely........
    Hi Guys,
    Got mine downloaded during the early hours. Also got Real Environment Xtreme 2.0 the other day and this has just put the icing on the cake. Well done to all concerned. Timm

I will wait a week or so. Don't want to crash the servers or a snail mail download

It's definitely a must-have.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

PNW is.........THE BOMB!!!!!!!!
    [that's a good thing]
    Cheers!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Download took me about two hours last night.

Attachment 898
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Just purchased this morning and downloading now,thought id have to hang off for a week or so due to FSX throwing an installer wobbley the other day that left me looking at a full OS reinstall but ive managed to work around it

Tryed without a download manager and speed was very poor sub 200k and dropouts from all 3 links but after opening up a multi mulithread manager its jumping between 700-850k so on course for about 2 hours i guess

Laters
    steve

Purchased, d/l, and installed in about 1-1/2 hours yesterday afternoon. Only problem was Winrar didn't want to unzip the large file (Winrar problem - not FTX). Downloaded Powerarchiver trial program (http://www.powerarchiver.com/) which did the trick.

Installation and initial set-up were a breeze, but did take a bit of time due to the file size and validation procedures (not too bad overall). Fortunately, I have a really good Comcast cable connection, which I think is key to large file sizes.

First flight lasted about 2 hours last night. I have to say this scenery is breathtaking!!! I grew up in Vancouver, WA (across from Portland, OR) and am intimately familiar with much of the area PNW blue covers. I started flying out of Evergreen airfield right after I graduated HS, and then moved over to historic Pearson (next to downtown Vancouver). I have to say this scenery really makes me really "feel" as if I'm back in the PNW. FTX's scenery design style is remarkable. IMO, much better than "static" photo-scenery - especially since many photo-sceneries don't have auto-gen. While the scenery isn't accurate in many ways, the overall look is phenominal. This is the product you need if you're looking for perhaps the best scenery available of the PNW.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

I used WinRAR to unarchive the files too, and I noticed that it tends to hang on the last 1% of each large file. Maybe it's a virus scan or some sort of integrity check, I'm not sure. It took maybe 30 or 40 minutes, but it did finally finish the job so I could install. These big files really stress the archiving tools.

After your money is processed, there's a download page with two options. I chose option #1, where you start out by downloading a little 2 mb program. Run it and it goes out and downloads all of the files and then unpacks them for you. Wish I could remember the name, but it's on the same page as the main download.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    I used WinRAR to unarchive the files too, and I noticed that it tends to hang on the last 1% of each large file. Maybe it's a virus scan or some sort of integrity check, I'm not sure. It took maybe 30 or 40 minutes, but it did finally finish the job so I could install. These big files really stress the archiving tools.
    Humm i just unpacked my downloaded zip file with 7zip and it only took about 2mins to unpack,strange that winrar took so long.......btw 7zip is freeware and you can get it at http://www.7-zip.org/ if you want to try it out

Laters
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Humm i just unpacked my downloaded zip file with 7zip and it only took about 2mins to unpack,strange that winrar took so long.......btw 7zip is freeware and you can get it at http://www.7-zip.org/ if you want to try it out

Laters
    Steve
    It could be my antivirus causing the delays. I had the same problem with WinZip.

7zip does the job fast and is free.

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

One download or two?

If you order the PNW scenery PLUS one of the supplementary sceneries such as Stark's Twin Oaks, do you receive two separate downloads or just one, i.e., do they come bundled together as one package? I know they are priced separately. Or maybe, the Twin Oaks package has not yet been released???

Stan V

Stan, they're two separate downloads. The PNW package is huge - over 4GB. Twin Oaks is, of course, significantly smaller at around 350MB. Install NA Blue first, then Twin Oaks and you'll be fine. I think we're shooting for sometime this week to release Twin Oaks and Darrington.

thanks,

MCDesigns
    I think we're shooting for sometime this week to release Twin Oaks and Darrington.

thanks,
    Awesome Bill, looking forward to checking out both, especially Twin Oaks!! :ernae:

Stan, they're two separate downloads. The PNW package is huge - over 4GB. Twin Oaks is, of course, significantly smaller at around 350MB. Install NA Blue first, then Twin Oaks and you'll be fine. I think we're shooting for sometime this week to release Twin Oaks and Darrington.

thanks,
    Thank you, spotlope, you answered my question. Twin Oaks is not released yet. I ordered and paid for the two packages mentioned and both products showed up on my order invoice - but there was no download link for the Twin Oaks part. The PNW package arrived via download with no problem. All I have to do now is to keep checking the order site to see when a download link appears...

Stan V

Low Level in the T-45 on VR Route 1350

I'm not an expert screen shot artist but here is the flight I just finished in the T-45 from NAS Whidbey Island to Grant County Intl. I used the Plan-G flight planner to follow the VR1350 Route through the Cascades on a low level mission. FTX NA BLUE is great scenery and will be fun to explore!

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Stan V. View Post
    Thank you, spotlope, you answered my question. Twin Oaks is not released yet. I ordered and paid for the two packages mentioned and both products showed up on my order invoice - but there was no download link for the Twin Oaks part. The PNW package arrived via download with no problem. All I have to do now is to keep checking the order site to see when a download link appears...

Stan V
    Hi Stan,

When 1S2 and 7S3 are ready for download, you'll automatically get an email sent to you from the Flightsimstore.com, so hang off "loitering" mate, we'll save you the trouble

With the new server setup we have in place now, we've not had a single failed download in 24 hours, or at least, no-one has complained about it yet - touch wood We did spend a bunch more $$ and worked with our CDN ISP to ensure the retail launch was smooth, and thus far it is.

Thanks for the comments everyone, it's appreciated!
    Cheers,
    John

AusFlightSim
    Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    After your money is processed, there's a download page with two options. I chose option #1, where you start out by downloading a little 2 mb program. Run it and it goes out and downloads all of the files and then unpacks them for you. Wish I could remember the name, but it's on the same page as the main download.

We call it FSS2Go. Will download all the individual files that make up the installation package and then runs the wrapper.

Latest video goodness:

[YOUTUBE]lrXsDDdWv2Y[/YOUTUBE]
    Cheers,
    John

Why, I believe that vid might just be blogworthy. Thanks, John.

Members who have read this thread: 0