FTX NA BLUE - USA Canada Pacific Northwest Officially Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FTX NA BLUE - USA Canada Pacific Northwest Officially Released

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    .... It would be helpful if forums that require passwords would say you need a certain number of digits both caps and small and numerals at the start....
    It actually does See attached screenshot...
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

I should have said that that actually happens when you hover over the little yellow triangle

Hi all, a few questions I have.
    1. I have the demo installed and going to buy the the full package, do I need to delete the the demo before installing the full package?
    2. Is the package purchased be for downloading it or is the purchase part of the install.
    3. If oping for the DVD version how long will it take to get it, I live in eastren Pa. USA
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Hello Reddog,

1. Yes, you need to uninstall the demo first; see http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=20003.0 . In a few days we'll also upload a small batch file that will do the job automatically.

2. Not sure I understand this one correctly: you can choose between download only, download with simple DVD backup sent by mail, or "limited edition" DVD. The DVD only version costs a bit more but has the advantage that it doesn't require online activation. See http://fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html

3. You can purchase the DVD version at PC Aviator USA; according to their website their shipping costs start at US$2.95 and take 1 to 8 business days, depending on your choice of delivery. See http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=1156

Cheers, Holger

tigisfat
    hey guys, where does the demo cover? I understand it's only a limited area and I want to load up an airport that's in it so I know. Can you point me in the right direction?

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    hey guys, where does the demo cover? I understand it's only a limited area and I want to load up an airport that's in it so I know. Can you point me in the right direction?
    its the Olympic peninsula, basically west of Seattle (not including Seattle) over to the ocean. Try Port Angeles and head into the mountains.

Here ya go, from the demo thread a few down

The demo area covers over 7,000 square miles of the Olympic Peninsula during spring season and includes all the FTX features from the full version, including upgraded default airports, roads, rivers, coastlines, 3D night lighting, photoreal mountain peaks, custom autogen, the FTX Central tool and much more.

About ready to purchase the full program, on your site i see nothing saying that must have SP2 or Acc installed to use it, I only have SP1 installed and have the demo installed and that seems to run okay with no problems sobefore spending the money will the full package run with just SP1 installed? PC Aviator says must have SP2 or Acc indtalled?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    About ready to purchase the full program, on your site i see nothing saying that must have SP2 or Acc installed to use it, I only have SP1 installed and have the demo installed and that seems to run okay with no problems sobefore spending the money will the full package run with just SP1 installed? PC Aviator says must have SP2 or Acc indtalled?
    Reddog let me check - if my memory serves me correctly I think you do need SP3 or Acceleration - I'm sure it will say on the site somewhere...
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexdoggy View Post
    Reddog let me check - if my memory serves me correctly I think you do need SP3 or Acceleration - I'm sure it will say on the site somewhere...

And why you might ask? because they mostly placed a bunch of acceleration default objects.

You must mean SP1/SP2? - there's no Microsoft SP3 release.

We avoid the use of SP2/Acceleration placed objects in our products where possible, but in some instances you may find missing animated people at places like airports etc. That is a minor issue to contend with really

However, SP2/Accel did introduce some autogen batching efficiencies, so back in 2008 we did recommend everyone to upgrade to SP2/Accel if at all possible, since you'll get better performance in autogen-dense areas like cities and forest.

But if you cannot move to SP2 for some reason, it should be fine. Your mileage may vary, since the entire Orbx development team uses and tests on SP2/Accel only.
    Cheers,
    John

Thanks Koorby that's good enough for me, will be ordering it tomorrow.

I have now owned PNW for two weeks. My computer specs ( Quad core cpu, Q6600@2.4 ghz with 6 gb ram, 64 bit and the 8800 gtx card). I did take a FPS hit of course in the city by about 8 FPS. So when flying the tube liners into the main airport will have to turn off PNW but that will be the only time I turn this amazing scenery package off. So, low and slow I go. I just can’t seem to get enough of flying in the Cascade Mountains up and down the canyons I feel like I am really there. So far I have explored Oregon and some of Washington with Vancouver and it’s Mountain range still to explore. What is funny since I live here I feel like I am really there in flight sim and had a vacation visiting my favorite places in the NW. Time to fly…….hmmmm……today I will check out the Mt. Baker area. Stormy day in the NW so should be an exciting trip.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Jim<o></o>

How does this FSS2GO thing work? Every time I try it I get an error message.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Roger we are working on it, in the mean time, use one of the other links provided when you click on the main download link in the information provided in your account

Did I miss the patch that will remove the altitude problems when in "Default North America" mode? I've been on vacation and working on other stuff for a couple of weeks.

I didn't see it on the FTX site.

Issue has now been resolved and no JD you haven't missed the PNW patch

Quote Originally Posted by jdhaenens View Post
    Did I miss the patch that will remove the altitude problems when in "Default North America" mode? I've been on vacation and working on other stuff for a couple of weeks.

I didn't see it on the FTX site.
    The patch is still in testing.

Thanks for the info.

My DVD is on the way, looking at the coverage map in the demo docs. I see the full vesion includes Hope BC(CYHE) does it also put the river back in that flows by Hope that MS left out od the sim?

Hello Reddog,

that would be the mighty Fraser River and, yes, it's included in PNW up to about 25 miles upriver of Hope where the PNW coverage area ends.

Cheers, Holger

Got it installed and think I have a problem with one maybe two airpots up in BC.
    CAR3 Lillooet the sim map says the airport elevation is 1342 ft. parked on the ramp in a plane the red letters across the top say elevation is 1345.4 ft and going to the outside view the ramp,taxiway and runway are all above ground level.
    Can some else check this out please. I have the DVD version but it shouldn't be any different than the downloadable one.
    Second airport is CBT6 Quilchena, I 'm not sure this is in PNW but if it is the runway is not on the airport grounds it's off to one side in the woods.

MCDesigns
    Reddog, Lilloet isn't in the PNW area, it is just outside. Niether is CBT6 Quilchena.

Hi guys,

it's also been posted separately but just wanted to mention here too that the first patch for PNW has been released: http://fullterrain.com/support.html#pnw

Reddog, the elevation discrepancy between the airport map and the information on the screen is due to the fact that the latter is always given for the elevation of the aircraft's center of gravity. Obviously, that value is different for each aircraft but you can find it by searching for the "static_cg_height" parameter in the corresponding aircraft.cfg file.

I just checked CAR3 Lillooet with only FTX PNW active and you're correct that there is an elevation issue. Looks like we left an elevation adjustment file in \Scenery\World\scenery that shouldn't be there. We'll fix that in the next patch but in the meantime you can move it out of that folder and that should take care of it; file name is "ADE_FTX_PNW_CAR3_elevation_adjustment_VanPlus.BGL ".

Similarly, there's a CBT6 Quilchena file in the PNW folders that shouldn't be there. In this case it's "ADE_FTX_PNW_CBT6_Quilchena.bgl" in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery that should be removed. Thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger found those and took them out so hope that cures the problem, but now have another.
    Got the patch and installed it after setting back to the default FSX in the FTX Central, now when I try to reloadPNW I get this message.

Could not complete operationsincefilealready exists in this path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_00WA_elevation_a djustment.BGL

Got the Capitol Building back in Olympia

Members who have read this thread: 0