Update on my sister's condition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on my sister's condition

Blog Entries

Update on my sister's condition

Hey everyone,

Since the recent upgrades to the outhouse, topic that I was updating on my sister's condition seems to have vanished....I'll start a new one for those that are keeping track on her status.

My sister is undergoing treatment to remove the masses she has in her lung. 1 week she has chemotherapy, another week she has radiation and it will continue until the masses gets small enough for the doctors to operate and remove them. With the ongoing treatment, my sister has lost all of her hair and lost 30lbs...she is now at 120lbs.

After this round of chemo is done, she will be able to go home for a few days to be with her kids and her family.

Any further info, I'll be sure to post it here for everyone.

For those with a facebook account, a fan page has been setup that contains the latest info, etc. A dedicated site has also been setup as well where my sister will post her blogs, etc.

With Pleasure...........

*Mods, can I have this topic as a sticky like the last one as I don't want to start a new thread everytime? Would appreciate it. *

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Continuing to say a prayers for Amy.
    I'll say a little prayer for support for you and your entire family as well.

Chemo is harsh, but hang in there with the positive support.
    My father lost a lot of weight, on a guy who had none to lose in the first place.
    It took a while, but he recovered. So will Amy.
    Visit to see her children will be a dose of good medicine.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Amy will continue to be in our prayers as well as prayers for you entire family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I shall continue to hold Amy, in my Prayers and throughts..
    May Our Lord Bless Her and your family..
    I know there are Many here also that are Praying and thinking of her..
    May The Lord Bless each of you..

Euro

Thanks for the update...I was just wondering yesterday how Amy was doing. Will continue to keep her and your entire family in my prayers and thoughts.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chemo and radiation are tough on the body, my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

prayers from here too. i watched what chemo and radiation did to my wife.
    i know it's hard to see. but in the end, the benefit can be worth it. for us, things worked out.
    they can for your amy also

SOH-CM-2024
    Prayers here too mate, chemo is crap, my hair never came back. But hey, I am alive and kicking today because of it and bald beats being dead! Too bad we did not have medical marijuana in VA, still don't. But my buddy Tony lives in Colorado and had breast cancer, yep men get it too, and said that without the marijuana, he doesn't believe he could have made it. What is wrong with the medical establishment when it has been well documented the stuff works for chronic pain, that it cannot be made available in all 50 states for severe medical purposes?

Caz hates cancer, Caz would like a cure to be found in his short remaining lifetime.

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Prayers here too mate, chemo is crap, my hair never came back. But hey, I am alive and kicking today because of it and bald beats being dead! Too bad we did not have medical marijuana in VA, still don't. But my buddy Tony lives in Colorado and had breast cancer, yep men get it too, and said that without the marijuana, he doesn't believe he could have made it. What is wrong with the medical establishment when it has been well documented the stuff works for chronic pain, that it cannot be made available in all 50 states for severe medical purposes?

Caz hates cancer, Caz would like a cure to be found in his short remaining lifetime.

Caz...You are awsome too !

Ken Stallings
    I sincerely hope for the very best for your sister and your entire family.

Ken

Euro,

I hope and pray for the best for your sister and her family...for you too of course.

Ray

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Euro,

I am praying for your sister daily. Keep the faith Sir.

May God wipe out cancer this year...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Happiness Consultant
    Still petitioning for her betterment ... and strength for the family.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Blog Entries
    *News Update*

Some very good news. My sister is now breathing on her own again without the need for oxygen tanks/mask. In the next couple of days, she will be released to go home to be with her kids. Today the doctors ran some tests and the results will be in sometime next couple of days...so far, the tests my sister has been getting has returned some positive signs which is a very good news not only for me, but for her two wonderful kids and her husband.

Now once she is at home, she will continue her treatment there with plenty of medications, etc. And I'm pretty sure she will have to visit the doctors almost everyday.

I want to personally thank everyone here for the well wishes and for giving me the stregnth and courage to be a stronger person. Without you guys, I don't even know where I would be right now. Thank you all

harleyman
    OMG...That George is the best news....Just incrediable...

There is a lot of power in collective prayer...I believe my man has heard our words and has looked over Amy and all your family...

Such good news.......Thank you George, and Jesus, for this best ever news...

bf109

Re: Update on my sisters condition

Glad to hear she's doing better, Nevertheless don't stop prying for her.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Haven't Stopped..
    Sending Prayers for Her and You..

Our Lord Shall Answer..

woohooo!!!!! great to hear!!!

Great news, and a big thank you to Him.
    Praying for continued healing and ridding your sister's body entirely of cancer.

Dartguy
    Glad to hear that!

Blog Entries
    Well my sister is home, since last Monday. Tomorrow Monday she will be back in the hospital for more treatment and will be released Wednesday. A nurse is going by everyday to see my sister at home for her daily injections. While she is at home, she will be taking medications that is similar to what they were giving her in chemo.

Little by little, the masses that were found in her lung are shrinking. Once they get very small, the doctors will perform surgery to remove whats left of it.

The ddoctors removed some good white blood cells from one of my sister's bone. Once my sister has the cancer to a low level, the doctors will shoot her with a high dose of radiation to kill of the rest of the cancer and the white blood cells that were taken out will be injected back into her to help rebuild her bones.

Any further info will be posted.

Retired SOH Administrator

Awesome News!

Thanks for the the great news.....

Amy and the kids and your family will still be in our prayers...

Thank you Jesus!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    Thanks for the the great news.....

Amy and the kids and your family will still be in our prayers...

Thank you Jesus!
    Amen!

Blog Entries
    My sister updated her myspace and facebook pages and this is what she has to say:

missing my family from up north, but i am blessed to be alive.. taking things one day at a time, minute by minute and prayer by prayer
    Its been a rough road for me and my family, but I am glad she has pulled through this and I wish her well wishes for her speedy recovery