stuck to attack in the west problem

Thread: stuck to attack in the west problem

stuck to attack in the west problem

So I finaly got my new system with W7

Installed ETO and updated it to 1.2
    Norton virus gave me some trouble (with ETO backup, BDP swapper and B2e.exe) but think I followed the instructions (temp disconected Norton to run BDP swapper etc)

the only thing I can play is attack in the west
    I know this is handled in the installation guide in the sticky, but the link does not work

can some kind mercyful person point me to were I can download the installation guide or give me other suggestions

Strikes me that you're having trouble with the batch files. Can you change eras, or not? When you launch the sim, it should ask you which era you want to be in. The era you're in determines which campaigns will run.
    If you look in ETO/root, you'll find three batch files, including MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat - if I remember correctly, that's the one to use to change eras when the sim launches. It actually calls on ETOEraSwapper.bat. I think that's all correct...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Waco Jaco, you are a Vista user, yes?

You need to turn off your UAC control, and then you can switch Eras.

Here's another link for the installation guide: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3890:d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

I use windows 7 32bit (since thursday so I'm completly new to it)

the eraswapper starts when I push ETO start, but whatever number I choose, attack in the west starts

I already let the 2 bat files Ndicki talks about run as administrator and XP SP3 as I tought that could be the problem, but it did'nt change anything

I don't find a 3th bat file in the main folder

going to see if I find anything on the link you send me

thanks

I think Grizzly 50 has the answer. If Windows 7 is anything like Vista, you need to turn off the UAC to change eras. With Vista, the change era window will appear and indeed no matter what number era you choose, it will default to 1. . . unless the UAC is turned off.

I did'nt understand what UAC meant, under windows 7 it is called User Account Control, or in my installation gebruikersaccount beheer (dutch meaning the same thing)
    I have still a lot to learn in windows 7, which is so different then XP from which I upgraded

I turned user account control off as the installation guide says and, ... everything works

thanks

or for those with a different taste

maybe the new link to the installation guide (at aussiex.org) must be a sticky as long as it can't be downloaded here at SOH?

Members who have read this thread: 0