FTX PNW Released!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTX PNW Released!!!!!!!!!

FTX PNW Released!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone who preordered,It's out early just login to your FSS Acct. and the download link is there!!
    Thanks very much FTX for the early release!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

MCDesigns
    Cool, let's see those screenshots!!!

Downloading mine now! Very cool.

Never thought it would finally get here.

Charles.

Just to reiterate, this is for pre-orders only, official retail release is tomorrow
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Downloading

Man, I wish I hadn't bought all that Washington Megascenery back in December....

Cant wait to buy it myself!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Just a few quick shots by Mt.Rainer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Sky~6
    Downloading now...4.2 G..its huge...says 4hrs for me to download...

Yep, failed two times untill now, well..dowloading again at 75 Kb/s, sometimes jumping to 450 Kb/s

EgoR64
    Very Nice, I think I can Scrap up enough coin for this - Most Definately !!

Downloaded and installed. I know they've had a few glitches with the download, but darn, they've been working on this for over a year and it seems like a little patience is needed on our end to get the downloads squared away. I'm sure they'll fix it if they haven't aready. In my case, I got about a gig and it quit, but the second attempt was fine and it dl'd last night on my slow connection and was done this morning. Install was easy.

I can't touch the screenshots that have been posted here and on their boards, so I won't try. But, that feeling of immersion in flying it so far is just fantastic. I'm lucky enough to live and to have flown in this area for years and it just looks right.

I'm also extremely impressed with what they've done to so many of the airports. So many details are added like hangars and aprons and static planes. Pretty accurate too, with all the semi trucks parked on the north end of our little (and sadly now closed) airport here where I live in Blaine.

Clearly the best scenery addon I have and I so look forward to the release next week of Darrington which is close to me and to Bill Womack's Stark's Twin Oaks.

cheers,
    steve

Wish I had time to fly it but ony had time to read the manual so far and the install is sitting on my desktop. This looks like 10's of thousands of square miles of Plumb Island/TongasX like quality scenery with a little more detail due to the higher density populations.

I cannot wait!

Ironically I pre-ordered to get it a day early and I cannot even use it today.

Charles.

Can someone get some screen shots of Portland Oregon, Hillsboro Airport and KPDX, Maybe some bridges?

How does this fair against MegaSceneryEarth?

How are the Frame Rates?

Does this use any google earth type data where you can see your house?

Quote Originally Posted by Major_Spittle View Post
    Can someone get some screen shots of Portland Oregon, Hillsboro Airport and KPDX, Maybe some bridges?

How does this fair against MegaSceneryEarth?

How are the Frame Rates?

Does this use any google earth type data where you can see your house?
    Portland doesn't use photoscenery, although Seattle downtown does. The other phototerrain in the FTX package is mainly relegated to mountain peaks and glaciers. Of course, Twin Oaks and Darrington will include patches of aerial photography as well once they're released.

Trying to download for the fourth time, the last stopped at 2.7 GB after hours at very low speed and "OrbxFTXNABlue.zip could not to be saved, because the source file coud not be read. Try again later or contact the administrator".

Honestly I expected this thread to be blowing up with screenshots and impressions and so far nothing. Very confused

I think some people are still fighting with the huge download (which has gotten much speedier today, by most accounts), or are too busy enjoying themselves to post screenies. If it's shots you want, they've started pouring in over on the FTX forums, though: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Daydreamin' : Official Orbx NA Blue Pacific Northwest Promotional

Enjoy!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-cqpXZBtvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-cqpXZBtvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Great video Cody! I can't wait until it's released tomorrow for download purposes. I hope McChord was updated, along with SEATAC too.

Matt

will I buy PNW magic 8 ball? Undoubtedly YES! WHoooooHOOOOOO.....been looking forward to this, now once I get it just have to find a time to fly and enjoy. To all who have it, hope you are enjoying and yes, post screenies.

Jim

Sky~6
    wow!

Gee, these guys really know how to make realistic looking scenery, those screenies look incredible.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhApzPe9YrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhApzPe9YrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Blog Entries
    I know it is still early in the morning. But, am I the only one who saw Cody's film run "Backwards"? Why?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0