Voice Recognition?

Thread: Voice Recognition?

Voice Recognition?

Can anyone point me to a freeware voice recognition program that works with FSX and allows programming commands? I have a vague recollection of one that also had a text-to-speech response function but can't recall more..
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

JamesChams

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehawk View Post
    Can anyone point me to a freeware voice recognition program that works with FSX and allows programming commands? I have a vague recollection of one that also had a text-to-speech response function but can't recall more..
    That was me...

It is called SpeechBuddy (by Verreynne Software Labs) and it works with FSX/FS9. Don't remember where I got it so, you'll have to do a search online. I have a custom profile that includes many add-on commands, etc. (for things like AICarriers, etc.) that I'd be happy to share with you if you'd like. I requires the installation of MS SAPI SDK v4 and can co-exist with version 5 as well. Also, works on WinXP, Vista, and probably Win7 (both 32 & 64-bit versions).

Hope this helps and you can send me a PM to let me know if you need it.

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams

That's the one thankyou!
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

JamesChams

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehawk View Post
    That's the one thankyou!
    Your very welcome; Enjoy! :salute:

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams