F-35A Lightning II progress
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F-35A Lightning II progress

F-35A Lightning II progress

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some pics of the latest build of my F-35 project... external model is complete, flight model seems OK, VC modeling is done. The only thing yet to be completed is the MFD functionality (roughly 80% done... )...

It will be payware, but I am confident that the price will be very reasonable - and adequate to its quality. I am not shooting for maximum realism, nor I have the means to compete with some of the best-in-class military jets out there... but I am happy with the current level of quality and I hope most users will be satisfied.

Currently only the AA-1 (first F-35 prototype) is depicted. But AF-1 (first weight optimized bird) is planned, as well as a "production" F-35A model (accurate to the best of the publicly available info).

looks good.

Good luck with completing it. :salute:

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

Blog Entries
    I am looking forward to it Dino. I would gladly pay for T-45 quality.

Isn't it amazing how much simpler and uncluttered the new generation cockpits are?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Wow, looking good Dino!

That will be a purchase from me as well..

Definite purchase for me. Looks incredible.

Thanks for the appreciation...

as for the "user interface", and how much it is modern and different here is an interesting video about the F-35B that shows some cockpit operation:

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/perabrown/4344

(Note: my FSX rendition will lack some of the functionality you see in this video)

Hi Dino!

very interesting video

are increasingly impatient!

When you plan for the publication?

Beautiful job Dino, really looking forward to this one for sure.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Holy Cr*p Dino, that looks awesome! Gonna post this post over at Iris so those awaiting their release know there's a new sheriff in town that can satisfy their thirst while iris decides what they are doing with their F-35 variant. What are the chances of making a C variant for carrier duty? I believe the only difference, externally, is a bigger wing surface, folding wings and beefier gear. It would compliment your T-45, VRS Super Hornet and Xavier's carrier fantastically.

My credit card awaits your release.

Matt

gajit
    Yes - My money is yours

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    . . . . .Gonna post this post over at Iris so those awaiting their release know there's a new sheriff in town that can satisfy their thirst while iris decides what they are doing with their F-35 variant.
    Matt
    I wouldn't think David would appreciate that very much, someone advertising another payware aircraft on his site!! I wouldn't do that if I were you.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hmmm, perhaps you are right. Admittedly, just posted it, but will go in an edit it. Would hope it might give them some push for their release, as it also looks great. Your point is taken though.

Matt

It is not my intention to compete with anyone - and I'm sure that IRIS F-35 will be excellent.
    The only reason why my model is payware is that development of detailed FSX aircraft is becoming more and more complex and time consuming (not to mention seldom acquisition of pay-for material, such as images, models and documentation) - and the effort it requires has exceeded what I can afford without a "financial justification"...

I am not sure when I will be able to publish it - but it is likely it will take at least another month before it is complete.

As for the other versions, the differences are not huge but their impact on the external model is severe. I will stick to the F-35A for now - and will consider B and C only after the F-35A is done.

Dino while it may not be your intention to compete with anyone, I'm sure a few developers will be taking note of you as an outstanding modeler, this project looks just amazing and as probibly one if not the most technologically advanced aircraft any where in the world I think you've done an amazing job on what still is today a quite secretive aircraft FDE and system wise! Much anticipation for this aircraft from me here!

Master of Disaster
    Looks nice to me, I'm putting it on the "get" list!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

JamesChams

Icon5

@Dino Cattaneo,

She looks extremely lovely! Will you still be packaging the AA-1, AF-1 & BF-1 in one package or are they sold seperately? And, ... Whats your "desired" planned release times?

Looking forward to it... :mixedsmi:
    Ciao!

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams

Videre Vincere Est

It's on the get-list!

Job well done so far, Dino

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Just another reason to get FSX installed.

Looks really Cool Deano

Regards
    Rick

MCDesigns
    fantastic work Dino! While I am not a big fan of the way this new fighter looks, your version looks like something that would be very enjoyable in the sim, looking forward to it!
    Don't suppose there is a way to include a less detailed version for AI purposes, always great to have a virtual wingman or populate some of the ramps on the mil bases.

JamesChams
    @Dino Cattaneo,

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    ...Don't suppose there is a way to include a less detailed version for AI purposes, always great to have a virtual wingman or populate some of the ramps on the mil bases.
    Now that is an excellent idea; I'm all for it... If you have time to include it, I, too, would appreciate that very much!
    Grazie!

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

Thank you very much.
    Sincerely,
    From,
    James F. Chams

Smile

Once again, thanks for you appreciation!

The initial release will include AA-1, AF-1 and a F-35A in 58th Fighter Wing colors (which I understand should be the main training units for both US and non-US crews - and the first unit to receive F-35A).

Low poly model would be cool...but I honestly don't think I will ever have the time to do it.

As for the release date... it is done when it is done. I really do not know when I will be able to release it - it will take at least one month - but that is a best case scenario.

As for how the F-35 looks... Yes, may be the Lightning II looks a little fat... but I like it. And remember it could have been a lot worse...the Fugly Fighter could have won the JSF fly-off :mixedsmi: :

EDIT: By the way, I have to confess that when I saw the X-32 and X-35 proposals, my money was on the X-32 as I thought the X-35 lift system was amazing but too complicated...

JamesChams

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post

As for how the F-35 looks... Yes, may be the Lightning II looks a little fat... but I like it. But remember it could have been a lot worse :mixedsmi: :

LOL - I love that joke of yours, Dino!

Thank you for the info. I'll wait patiently and I hope you make them all (if you can) - I'll sure buy them all even if they are seperate packages.

Grazie Mille!

EDIT: My Money was on the X-35 because she looked "sexier" to me. LOL But, if I'd been asked to fly the X-32, you can bet I would have in a heart beat...

Slug Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Once again, thanks for you appreciation!

The initial release will include AA-1, AF-1 and a F-35A in 58th Fighter Wing colors (which I understand should be the main training units for both US and non-US crews - and the first unit to receive F-35A).

Low poly model would be cool...but I honestly don't think I will ever have the time to do it.

As for the release date... it is done when it is done. I really do not know when I will be able to release it - it will take at least one month - but that is a best case scenario.

As for how the F-35 looks... Yes, may be the Lightning II looks a little fat... but I like it. And remember it could have been a lot worse...the Fugly Fighter could have won the JSF fly-off :mixedsmi: :

EDIT: By the way, I have to confess that when I saw the X-32 and X-35 proposals, my money was on the X-32 as I thought the X-35 lift system was amazing but too complicated...
    One thing to be said for the looks of the X-32, you could have painted one heck of a shark's mouth on that air intake.

I always liked the X-32, thought it was a cool looking aircraft!

Members who have read this thread: 0