I-16 Tip 17 issue

Thread: I-16 Tip 17 issue

I-16 Tip 17 issue

Tried to install the I-16 Tip 17 (from Simviation). In QC - not FF - when chosen, the aircraft causes a CTD. It doesn't appear to be a Sound or Panel issue. Everything looks fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any clue?

Deckard
    Hi!

I don't have this I-16, but I experience a similar thing with some other planes, like the Lavochkin La-9 from Aeroplane Heaven and the Yakovlev Yak-3 from 1%: no problem in Free Flight, but at the end of a Quick Combat session - not just when chosen -, whether I end it by myself or get downed, I have a CTD... But I have no clue yet.

Is the I-16 from Ivan? I got a ctd with several of Ivanīs planes, because the plane name (in the aircraft.cfg file) was very long. I cut the name and the ctd was no more.

Trasno

Yes, it is. Thanks. Will give the name cutting thing a chance. It is a long one all right.

Thanks. It was the extra long name. It's corrected now.

Deckard
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the solution to my similar - but not quite identical - problem, because I have the following line in the Aircraft.cfg file for the Yak-3 from 1%:
    "title=1RU Yak-3".
    This is a short name...

I am sorry it is no useful for you, Deckard.

Trasno

D:

Sorry that your problem appears to be slightly different issue. The fact that it occurs at the conclusion of QC probably doesn't raise the spector of an aircraft issue, but then again, I didn't suspect my issue would be related to the length of the aircraft name either.

Since it is at the end of a QC mission, could it be an issue relating to uires? Have you installed a special set of uires? Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmwsm View Post
    D:

Sorry that your problem appears to be slightly different issue. The fact that it occurs at the conclusion of QC probably doesn't raise the spector of an aircraft issue, but then again, I didn't suspect my issue would be related to the length of the aircraft name either.

Since it is at the end of a QC mission, could it be an issue relating to uires? Have you installed a special set of uires? Just a guess.
    I recently used the DP from the 1% Yak as a basis for the Yak3M-82 one. It has a very uncommon use of effects and this is, probably, the source of the problem. I prepare a new DP to avoid CTDs and I'm going to upload it here.

Cheers

Pepe

Deckard
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmwsm View Post
    D:

To be honest, I didn't even know what was "uires" :d So I looked into my CFS2 folder and I saw the "UIRES" folder, containing all the pictures and sounds used in the CFS2 interface. I don't remember having installed any new pictures or sounds for the interface, but I still checked both the creation dates and modification dates for the files in this UIRES folder: they are ALL in 2000, while my current CFS2 installation was made in 2008, so I guess this rules out an issue relating to UIRES (?) Thanks anyway for this suggestion

Deckard
    Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    I recently used the DP from the 1% Yak as a basis for the Yak3M-82 one. It has a very uncommon use of effects and this is, probably, the source of the problem. I prepare a new DP to avoid CTDs and I'm going to upload it here.

Cheers

Pepe
    It may be the point, thank you Pepe

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    To be honest, I didn't even know what was "uires" :d So I looked into my CFS2 folder and I saw the "UIRES" folder, containing all the pictures and sounds used in the CFS2 interface. I don't remember having installed any new pictures or sounds for the interface, but I still checked both the creation dates and modification dates for the files in this UIRES folder: they are ALL in 2000, while my current CFS2 installation was made in 2008, so I guess this rules out an issue relating to UIRES (?) Thanks anyway for this suggestion
    Could be something that you don't have in that folder. If the plane has a nationality for which you don't have the bitmaps, it might crash. Check the allegiance of the plane in the [MISC_DATA] section of the DP file opening it with the notepad, and set it to 3 (US) or 4 (Japanese) in case it's not any of them. If it is, forget about all in this post .

Deckard
    Quote Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
    Could be something that you don't have in that folder. If the plane has a nationality for which you don't have the bitmaps, it might crash. Check the allegiance of the plane in the [MISC_DATA] section of the DP file opening it with the notepad, and set it to 3 (US) or 4 (Japanese) in case it's not any of them. If it is, forget about all in this post .
    Thanks JapLance, that was it!
    The allegiance for both the AH La-9 and the 1% Yak-3 was set to 5, which now I understand must refer to some additional UIRES images of Soviet allegiance, that I don't have. I set it to 3 and now it's fine :salute:

Glad it worked .