MegaScenery Oahu on sale today for $5 (US)

Thread: MegaScenery Oahu on sale today for $5 (US)

MegaScenery Oahu on sale today for $5 (US)

http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com...?productid=697

No, I'm not an employee of PC Aviator. But they are having some good sales, and when I see one that's of interest here I mention it.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

MCDesigns
    Thanks David, that is a great deal and a great scenery, highly recommended!!

It's a good deal. I highly recommend this particular photoscenery. In fact Oahu has become my main point of operation and I typically fly out of Dillingham. With REX plugged in, the combination of clouds, water and the high resolution scenery is a great mix. At 5 bucks, I don't think you can go wrong.

I am still waiting for megascenery southern california to go on sale.

Grrr...42 kB/s...2h 11m to finish...

Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com...?productid=697

No, I'm not an employee of PC Aviator. But they are having some good sales, and when I see one that's of interest here I mention it.
    Downloaded! and website bookmarked !
    thanks David, see you tomorrow! :ernae:

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vratan View Post
    Grrr...42 kB/s...2h 11m to finish...
    Still not much better... at least the download links are valid for 720 hours..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Downloading now.....140Kb/sec

41 minutes remaining..........

-G-

Retired SOH Administrator
    Thanks David, those pictures look mouth watering...I wonder how it is on the frame rates...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Mike,

Just got it today and I'm running a 9750 and it works fine for me. (24+)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    I wonder how it is on the frame rates...Mike
    YMMV but I've never had a problem.* It helps that Oahu's an island: i.e., the sim does NOT have to render unique textures in all directions as far as the eye can see.

* Frames locked at 20, Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, 4 gb RAM, Nvidia 8800GT w/ 512 mb
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Three "must have" addons for Megascenery Hawaii - http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...root&Go=Search . New autogen for Kaneohe Bay area, Oahu and Electric Beach.

Thanks for the heads up Vratan, missed these and I also base out of Dillingham, a great scenery in itself.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    Thanks David, those pictures look mouth watering...I wonder how it is on the frame rates...Mike
    no problem with frame rates for me.

2.4Ghz, 7900GT nVidia 512MB card

However, some airport land mesh in the scenery do not match elevation of the default airport bgl file (i.e. when you land the plane "sinks" into the ground.

-G-

NoNewMessages
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    However, some airport land mesh in the scenery do not match elevation of the default airport bgl file (i.e. when you land the plane "sinks" into the ground.
    There are six airports on O'ahu, if you count Ford Island - NPS. Only one I'm aware of that has had an elevation change is Dillingham - PHDH with Bill Womack's scenery. Where else are you seeing this?

I tried the three files that Vratan mentioned and had much worse resolution than I had with just Megascenery, so deleted them. But I have not had any problem with planes sinking into the ground at all. The Dillingham scenery does sit a little high, but the planes sit on them fine. Great scenery. Bought the vegas scenery at the same time and I am disappointed in that one.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by LCSims View Post
    There are six airports on O'ahu, if you count Ford Island - NPS. Only one I'm aware of that has had an elevation change is Dillingham - PHDH with Bill Womack's scenery. Where else are you seeing this?
    It was PHDH (Dillingham). I'll try Manny Mahadevan's scenery in the link from AVSIM posted previously.

-G-

Members who have read this thread: 0