Salutations from a "noob"

Thread: Salutations from a "noob"

HercFan

Salutations from a "noob"

Just wanted to say hi to all from a SOH noob.

For some weird reason, this 20+ years flight simmer never dropped by the "OutHouse" although I recognize so many names here and that I think I will fit right in.

I guess it's never too late to find a new virtual hang out place. I promise to be a nice "noob" and take my time to fit in without creating any commotion.

Here is a collection of screenies as a way of introducing myself and MY style of flying...

Welcome to SOH,you will like it here,also some nice screenshots you have there.

MCDesigns
    Welcome Hercfan, make yourself at home!! Don't worry, we were all noobs at one times, LOL.

Welcome. It's a nice community here. Nice screenshots by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HercFan View Post

I guess it's never too late to find a new virtual hang out place. I promise to be a nice "noob" and take my time to fit in without creating any commotion.
    nice screenies. being nice is good, but that doesn't mean you can't make a commotion. i say go for it.

Welcome aboard HercFan and if that's your style of flying I bet you have Orbx PNW in your sights.

Jim

HercFan
    Quote Originally Posted by limjack View Post
    Welcome aboard HercFan and if that's your style of flying I bet you have Orbx PNW in your sights.
    Jim
    But of course! Looking forward to it. As I stated in another thread, looking forward to making my way from south to north (and back) to discover it all. Although I know the area quite well from my FS9 flying days (Georender, FSAddon, Holger Cascades and Columbia, etc...). It will be like hooking up with an old girlfriend... that turned out quite well with the years!!!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Hercfan. It is good to meet you. Another Canadian, I see. We have many fine Canadian members here. I am a bit confused by your name. (of course confusing can be a state of being ) I thought you were referring to the C-130 Herc. yet, all your screenshots are of the Piper.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

HercFan
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Welcome Hercfan. It is good to meet you. Another Canadian, I see. We have many fine Canadian members here. I am a bit confused by your name. (of course confusing can be a state of being ) I thought you were referring to the C-130 Herc. yet, all your screenshots are of the Piper.

Yup, name actually refers to the C-130. I never changed that "screename" even though I barely fly my Hercs anymore!! Just staying consistent. If I can find how I can attach my usual signature block, you'll note that I am "Cubbie"/low and slow type now!!

harleyman
    Welcome to your final resting place ........LOl

great to have another among us loyal followers...

As Cheesy said..Nice is good, but we are known to get a bit ummm, loud on ocassion..

Great shots BTW....

Welcome!

I've been flightsimming since about 2002, and am still a noob....

About time you got here HercFan!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Retired SOH Administrator
    Welcome to SOH, get a brew , pull up a chair and listen to all the bull....matter of fact, just get a fifth instead cus ya gonna need it. We have noticed that after a week or so this site becomes addicting to our members, most end up in a wack-o ward :toilet: after a few months but we have just updated everything so you should fit right in :d...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Welcome to the Outhouse Herc
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Welcome Herc,

Great screenshots. A Cub flyer eh? Nice birds.

Have fun. Remember, we have a flying room to where you can fly with people online.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

HercFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Welcome Herc,

Great screenshots. A Cub flyer eh? Nice birds.

Have fun. Remember, we have a flying room to where you can fly with people online.

Bill
    Thanks to all for the greetings. Having fun catching up and reading the threads. Still kickin' myself that I never registered before.

And Bill, I enjoy the A2A Cub A LOT. But I must admit that I always make sure I keep my Kodiak credentials active!!!

Welcome and thankyou for sharing some great screenies. Hope you like your new home

Liking your flying style, I too am a low and slow although since I've got me a new rig, I'm low n fast mainly in the Hunter !!!!!

When I get FSX set up just how I like it, I'll consider that I'm no longer a noob.

Welcome
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)